PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 03:29 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Compatible and Uncompatible Applications Thread

I wanted to create this thread so we can post what apps we've tried and worked, or didn't work, or if there any issues with them...

I have installed:
  • iLauncher 3.0.0.5
  • PhoneAlarm Lite 1.58 + Jinks Clear Skin (modified by me)
  • Resco Explorer 2007 + Registry and FTP addins
  • IliumSoft NewsBreak
  • IliumSoft eWallet
  • SK Tools 3.1.6

Anyone else with iLauncher notice that the battery meter takes some time to reflect the battery level when you wake up the device?

Also, with the iLauncher task manager, I have tried to set the Phone application to be ignored but it doesn't work, after a while it comes back to the task manager. It also shows one Phone application for every phone related function; for example if both the dial pad and recent call log are open, the Phone app shows twice on the iLauncher task manager. Any ideas?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:38 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Here's a list of a my must-have apps... I have not tested all of them yet, however, I will post if I find trouble with any of them...

This is what I have on my Mogul...
  • iLauncher - Task manager and tabs w/shortcuts on Today screen. - Works so far
  • TodayAgenda - Powerful, and free, Today plugin to display Calendar. - Works so far
  • SK Tools - Tools in general: clean temp files, tweaks, process viewer, etc. - Works so far
  • NewsBreak - RSS reader. - Works so far
  • eWallet - Keeps all your card numbers, passwords, etc. - Works so far
  • Google Maps - Self explanatory - Free
  • Resco Explorer w/Registry and FTP addins - File explorer replacement. - Works so far
  • Palringo - IM application with PTT and picture support; currently in beta status with plannes support for MSN, Yahoo!, AIM, and others. App will be free with the option to pay for premium features. - Works so far
  • PhoneAlarm - Today screen display of missed calls, messages, etc. Very skinnable and also provides profiles. - Works so far
  • WeatherPanel - Today plugin for weather. Endless skin possibilities, awesome app!
  • Mark All as Read CAB - Small app that adds the options to Mark All as Read and Delete All to POutlook. - Free. - Works so far
  • Agenda One - PIM Replacement.
  • MemMaid - Similar to SK Tools, more streamlined with less options. I like SK Tools better.
  • Mortscript - Allows to run scripts. The community is working a lot with this! Free.
  • UITweaker - Allows to change User Interface colors - Free.
  • UPX4PPC - Allows to compress files and makes them run faster. It was more useful for devices that do not have as much device memory, still good to have handy - Free.
  • DictMgr - Allows you to edit the dictionary used by auto-completion on the device - Free.
  • Spb Mobile Shell - Advanced but simple Today plugin with tabs, Start menu replacement, a Now screen that can be used as a loc with info like time, appointments, weather, etc.
  • Sprite Backup
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Re: Compatible and Uncompatible Applications Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Anyone else with iLauncher notice that the battery meter takes some time to reflect the battery level when you wake up the device?
Happens on my 6700 (6800 was ordered today...I'm slow) every time the phone wakes up.

Quote:
Also, with the iLauncher task manager, I have tried to set the Phone application to be ignored but it doesn't work, after a while it comes back to the task manager. It also shows one Phone application for every phone related function; for example if both the dial pad and recent call log are open, the Phone app shows twice on the iLauncher task manager. Any ideas?
Happens on version 3.0.0.5 as well. No idea. I searched on SBSH forums and found this thread

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Pibe38,

I assume you downloaded spb mobile shell 1.5 which fully support wm6....

Jeff
Old 06-20-2007, 11:07 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

@jeffH70: I have not installed Shell yet, but yes, I was even using 1.5 on my 700wx.

@jamesus: Congratulations on the order!

Weird thing is, on my 700wx after I set the task manager to not display the phone application it vanished completely and never bothered me again.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
installed these on my girlfreinds ppc and they worked fine.

Opera V8.65
Aim 2.0
Windows Live Search
PHM Regedit
Pocket Rar
And last but not least, Test Today plugin for today screen picture dialing.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

I finally got around to installing Spb Mobile Shell 1.5, even though it works well, it does not allow me to move the Spb Mobile Shell plugin within thw Today Screen, it's stuck on top... however, I was able to put PhoneAlarm on top of Shell on my 700wx so this is quote annoying.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Lurker

asf4588 is a n00b
Don't install XCpuscalar !!! freeze your ppc. i had problems with this application.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
I finally got around to installing Spb Mobile Shell 1.5, even though it works well, it does not allow me to move the Spb Mobile Shell plugin within thw Today Screen, it's stuck on top... however, I was able to put PhoneAlarm on top of Shell on my 700wx so this is quote annoying.
Pibe,

Did you use the beta or the final release? The final was out on Jun. 19. If you got it earlier then it must be beta.

Jeff
Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
The Enforcer
Threadstarter

I got the final version from Spb main site, note the forum... however, I had also read this happens on the 6700, but Marty from PDAPhoneHome gave me the solution!!!

I tested it and works, change the entry and soft reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty @ PDAPhoneHome
This is how I "unlocked" SPB Mobile Shell from being stick to the top of the Today Screen in the 6700/WM5. Haven't tried it yet on the 6800 but let us know how it works out if you decide to give it a try:

HKLM\SOFTWARES\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\SPB MOBILE SHELL
change TYPE from 5 to 4

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan