PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   this padora app works great on my mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48350)

dschoenike 12-09-2008 04:06 PM

this padora app works great on my mogul

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings. Sorry if this has been posted already, but this pandora app works fine on my sprint mogul. Just need to use the hard keyboard to type anything. I even created my account using this app. Kinda cool. dschoenike

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 04:19 PM

Re: this padora app works great on my mogul

i think i mite b da 1st to give props to YOU on this thread for that good looking out, on this right here..jus a couple days ago i was bummed to find out that i cudnt listen to pandora from da fone(not supported bs)..bro, ur thanx count is gonna pop..watch..great job...

dschoenike 12-09-2008 04:23 PM

Cool, im glad you like it. I'm pretty new to the pandora scene, so i couldn't tell if it was any good or not. I know it works though :)
dschoenike

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 04:26 PM

o bro..its wonderful...lol..i logged in and it had ALL my music...i gota lota stations...once again..u mite get like 500 thanx...lolh..but sumthin close..this ability has been very elusive for a while...hope u ready

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 04:28 PM

remember, i gave da props first..lol..it doesnt matter..im jus joking...

abrigham 12-09-2008 04:30 PM

holy crap! where did you find this? I, like many others have been searching high and low for a way to get Pandora to work on our WinMo devices... you will, ask skeegcpp says receive a million thanks for this one for sure.

dschoenike 12-09-2008 04:30 PM

:) just glad it works well for ya.

brettokok 12-09-2008 04:32 PM

wow this is the best thing yet.

goldtoy01 12-09-2008 04:38 PM

Works on the Touch Pro! Please someone make it vga compatible though. Thanks for the find!

WanderingMinstrel 12-09-2008 04:48 PM

Fantastic! I've been waiting 3 years for this!!!

abrigham 12-09-2008 05:08 PM

Just adding another note... just had my wife install it to her MotoQ (WinMo5 SP, non-touch screen) and it works on her phone just fine, too... this is undoubtedly the best software find in a while (IMHO)!

myhollowworld2 12-09-2008 05:09 PM

I have to agree, I've been looking all over for this app. Just the other day a similar thread like this was on the first page, and the general consensus was that it wasn't coming to winmo. Where did you find this nugget?

dschoenike 12-09-2008 05:57 PM

I'd like to say i just found it using my skills :) But to be honest, i found it over at xda, development and hacking forum on the pandora thread. I gave it a shot and it worked. Figured i'd share with you all. I didn't steal it or anything :)
oh yeah, pjsnyc had made a link to it also, in the software forums here. I definately can't take all the credit on this one.
dschoenike

schettj 12-09-2008 06:20 PM

Is it any different then -

http://www.pandora.com/on-windowsmobile

Visiting that URL on your device? Hmmm.. says not supported when visiting on a mogul

Going to http://www.pandora.com/on-the-go/ and then checking the Sprint side...

Weird... likely this is an OEM rip.

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrigham (Post 568802)
Just adding another note... just had my wife install it to her MotoQ (WinMo5 SP, non-touch screen) and it works on her phone just fine, too... this is undoubtedly the best software find in a while (IMHO)!

i agree, despite the fact i only been down since sept(actually was towards da very end)..but hellz yea..great find, Dschoenike(hoped i spelled that right, too lazy to check on da previous page)

elmerfudpucker 12-09-2008 06:38 PM

how do you turn up the volume????

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker (Post 568998)
how do you turn up the volume????

shud be where regular volume controls r??? thats what i did wit mines...hit da volume up button all the way..but u shud be able to adjust there

schettj 12-09-2008 07:22 PM

Well, it's not half bad, but it's not great

Pros:
* works
* keeps playing (screen off) if you power off (even with BT)
* a2dp works (bluetooth headset here, can't be bothered with that USB dongle thing)

Cons:
* ignores a2dp controls (skip forward/back and play/pause) likely due to its ugly and useless UI.
* looks like it likes to eat the battery (listening plugged in kinda defeats the point, guess it would be OK in a car w/cig power adapter)

Nifty... worth adding to the arsenal ;)

schnebs1 12-09-2008 07:23 PM

Awesome find, thanks!

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 569069)
Well, it's not half bad, but it's not great

Pros:
* works
* keeps playing (screen off) if you power off (even with BT)
* a2dp works (bluetooth headset here, can't be bothered with that USB dongle thing)

Cons:
* ignores a2dp controls (skip forward/back and play/pause) likely due to its ugly and useless UI.
* looks like it likes to eat the battery (listening plugged in kinda defeats the point, guess it would be OK in a car w/cig power adapter)

Nifty... worth adding to the arsenal ;)

i dont think u cud skip/forward/rewind pandora..its like listening to a local radio station..but the stations are ur complete choice

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 07:25 PM

shud b able to pause tho

schettj 12-09-2008 07:33 PM

I meant skip to next/prev track, not ff/rev (its normal for those buttons on an a2dp headset to actually do something ;) )

TProUserOnSprint 12-09-2008 07:46 PM

I could not get this to work on my sprint touch pro. It just jumpsup with some debug options and quits out. Anything else I need to install along with this?

brettokok 12-09-2008 07:49 PM

yeah turns out im getting a "microsoft visual c++ debug assertion failed" error... using a 6800.. also notice half of the people on this thread arent even using a titan.. although sweet that it works for them on their nice new touch pro... haha

anurbanlegend 12-09-2008 07:50 PM

Thanks! works like a champ on my Mogul. Over EVDO... stream starts pretty quick and never has to rebuffer. Stream sounds about 64kb/s but I'm no expert. This thing is what we've been waiting for!
P.S. Running DCD 3.3.4 Rom

schettj 12-09-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettokok (Post 569100)
yeah turns out im getting a "microsoft visual c++ debug assertion failed" error... using a 6800.. also notice half of the people on this thread arent even using a titan.. although sweet that it works for them on their nice new touch pro... haha

Working fine on my titan stock wm6.1 sprint rom...

After, er 30? or so minutes it stops and asks if you are still there... you have to press a key to continue. That's somewhat annoying :p

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 569090)
I meant skip to next/prev track, not ff/rev (its normal for those buttons on an a2dp headset to actually do something ;) )

yea..i launched it again..da sound is a little weak, however...i hit da ">>" with the stylus, worked fine..and i closed it out w/o going thru task manager(not that u posted this, i remember ceeing it sumwhere)...for this tap menu..then option 7 or 8..exit pandora

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 569120)
Working fine on my titan stock wm6.1 sprint rom...

After, er 30? or so minutes it stops and asks if you are still there... you have to press a key to continue. That's somewhat annoying :p

it does the same on the desktop version too...normal operation.....so u new to Pandora, heh??

brettokok 12-09-2008 08:25 PM

anyone else on stock wm6.1 altell rom got this working??

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TProUserOnSprint (Post 569099)
I could not get this to work on my sprint touch pro. It just jumpsup with some debug options and quits out. Anything else I need to install along with this?

this has been posted previously...i googled that error message, mentioned sumthin about Active x...un momento por favor...do u have skyf or opera as ur default browser???

schettj 12-09-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 569129)
it does the same on the desktop version too...normal operation.....so u new to Pandora, heh??

I spend more time in last.fm, which will stream for days without so much as a peep. I guess I knew about the silly Pandora check to see if you are still there thing at one point ;)

I just got a call... *beep* and music paused, answered call on headset, hang up... and music started again, on the next track. Not bad!

brettokok 12-09-2008 08:32 PM

im getting those issues on a 6800 and have skyfire installed as a browser but it is not default. IE is default and i use it for the few mobile sites i check on my phone. skyfire is just incase i need something on a site and IE cant load it. Point being = ill lose skyfire if itl make pandora work.

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 569154)
I spend more time in last.fm, which will stream for days without so much as a peep. I guess I knew about the silly Pandora check to see if you are still there thing at one point ;)

I just got a call... *beep* and music paused, answered call on headset, hang up... and music started again, on the next track. Not bad!

c..not so bad, right??

skeegcpp 12-09-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettokok (Post 569162)
im getting those issues on a 6800 and have skyfire installed as a browser but it is not default. IE is default and i use it for the few mobile sites i check on my phone. skyfire is just incase i need something on a site and IE cant load it. Point being = ill lose skyfire if itl make pandora work.

ok..nah u dont have to dump skyf for pandora..hhmmm..u gettin dat debug error, right?? try googling active x controls
u mite find sum helpful info from there..im still researchin my self

CozBoogie 12-10-2008 01:31 PM

Please go here for the latest discussion/support on Pandora.

Thanks,
Coz