PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   my last stylus fell out... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48003)

petermg 12-06-2008 09:27 PM

my last stylus fell out...

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use in place of a stylus or where to get cheap replacement ones? Some kind of rubber from inside my phone where the stylus stays, broke out and seems that it won't hold a stylus very securely any longer....:angry7:

gator2k83 12-06-2008 09:46 PM

Re: my last stylus fell out...

My stylus was getting loose as well and even my spares were all loose I think the hole where it goes on the mogul just wore itself bigger over time. I put some clear scotch tape on my stylus around the bottom of the bigger part where it retracts. Just enough so it slides in tight and is still removable. It is hardly noticeable once on the stylus + my stylus does not fall out anymore, only time it comes out is when I want it to.

darren.wlsn1 12-06-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator2k83 (Post 563893)
My stylus was getting loose as well and even my spares were all loose I think the hole where it goes on the mogul just wore itself bigger over time. I put some clear scotch tape on my stylus around the bottom of the bigger part where it retracts. Just enough so it slides in tight and is still removable. It is hardly noticeable once on the stylus + my stylus does not fall out anymore, only time it comes out is when I want it to.

+1 i also used the tape method on my 6900

Red_Cheeks 12-06-2008 10:14 PM

ebay.com lol...

brooklyn6 12-06-2008 11:07 PM

Sometimes you can go to the Sprint Store and ask if they have any around. That's what I did but I am gonna to try the clear scotch tape. I noticed that is happening with my stylus as well.

kenny2182 12-06-2008 11:10 PM

any sprint store should have them if any tp's have been returned and the rep is somewhat nice they wont charge you for it.

viwizard 12-08-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenny2182 (Post 564022)
any sprint store should have them if any tp's have been returned and the rep is somewhat nice they wont charge you for it.

If you have insurance you can get a new phone as a result! Took my phone to sprint store with said problem and was given a new Mogul as a result!

meanfishy 12-08-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viwizard (Post 565566)
If you have insurance you can get a new phone as a result! Took my phone to sprint store with said problem and was given a new Mogul as a result

............. a new phone for a loose stylus must be nice. I went in with a visible white spot and the manager said that he could not see the white spot and after going to through my phone for the picture folder (which annoyed me) said "there is no obvious picture deformity" no replacement

viwizard 12-08-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanfishy (Post 565684)
............. a new phone for a loose stylus must be nice. I went in with a visible white spot and the manager said that he could not see the white spot and after going to through my phone for the picture folder (which annoyed me) said "there is no obvious picture deformity" no replacement

The tech at sprint store came out with a new stylus in hand that slid right in and out of the phone with ease, then said, "obviously there's no fix for this so we will replace the phone with new one".

matty032 12-08-2008 10:31 PM

I got a new Mogul when mine would not stay in. Hey, that might work for an upgrade to a TP, in a year when the refurb moguls fade out.....