PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Contracts...

I was living in Charleston, SC where Alltel provides service. I moved to Orlando and now have been told that I cannot get a local number, thus causing my phone to stay in roaming. While I am on a national plan I am not being charged however the I need a local number... Does anyone know if I can get out of my contract?

I called the FTC and was told to call the FCC and they said my only option was to write Alltel certified mail and ask them to cancel my contract. If they decline, then file a complaint with the FCC. The FCC did say there was no gaurantee that they could even reverse it...

Didn't know if anyone else was able to break an Alltel contract without paying the fees...

Last edited by jpc0480; 11-07-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Alltel Contracts...

nothing?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

loudmax20 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to loudmax20

Alltel is normally not in the business for canceling contracts without ETFs. But, sometimes if you get a sympathetic rep you might be able to get out of it. But, the short answer is probably not. Just call 611 and give it a shot or go to an alltel store. Sorry, that I cant be more help.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Doesn't Alltel have native service in that area? I know they cover parts of Florida.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dial *228. that way u wont roam. no one pays long distance fees when calling from a cell phone. maybe landline users will. but most businesses have free long distance on their land lines.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Doesn't Alltel have native service in that area? I know they cover parts of Florida.
I have service... But I am stuck in Roaming... Even *228 won't bring me out. I have tried several times.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800- Alltel

albertats is a n00b

Orlando is a friendly roaming area, covered by Sprint... Their network is good, but the closest number you could get would be closer to the Tampa metro area. When I was in the Orlando area, my phone and data worked great on Sprint's Rev.A network... I hope you can stay with Alltel, but I would do as mentioned above and talk to a rep at a corporate store about getting a closer number.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What you could do is get another line, port a number from a prepay phone locally, then get the contracts changed around.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
What you could do is get another line, port a number from a prepay phone locally, then get the contracts changed around.
That is a hell of an idea! Thanks! I am going to call Alltel today and see if that would work. I can't imagine why it wouldn't... With Black Friday going on, it should be possible to pick up a cheap pre-paid phone this weekend.

Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan