PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Opera Mobile 9 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40753)

groovdafied 10-17-2008 09:24 PM

Opera Mobile 9

So I downloaded the beta version from Opera's website and it always tells me that I'm running out of memory, but when I use the Opera Mobile from the diamond, it works really well.

Now I'm using the DCD kitchen and it works great. But the problem with the diamonds version of Opera Mobile is that I can't use the keyboard, except the onscreen keyboard. It's a lil hard to type on the onscreen keyboard with the mogul because of the beveled screen frame.

Any suggestions?

LoneSnark 10-17-2008 10:55 PM

Re: Opera Mobile 9

It is not working as well as you think. The Opera Mobile from Opera's website is a beta version and therefore they left the debugging information turned on. As you can see, just because it says it is out of memory (and you click ok) does not cause it to exit, it just gives up trying to render whatever it was rendering.

Well, the retail version from the diamond is running out of memory almost as much, the difference is that it does not tell you. As such, if you keep using the diamond version, after awhile, the low memory situation will cause the browser to malfunction or even crash. But it will never tell you why (insufficient memory).

groovdafied 10-17-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneSnark (Post 463000)
It is not working as well as you think. The Opera Mobile from Opera's website is a beta version and therefore they left the debugging information turned on. As you can see, just because it says it is out of memory (and you click ok) does not cause it to exit, it just gives up trying to render whatever it was rendering.

Well, the retail version from the diamond is running out of memory almost as much, the difference is that it does not tell you. As such, if you keep using the diamond version, after awhile, the low memory situation will cause the browser to malfunction or even crash. But it will never tell you why (insufficient memory).

Well the difference between the Diamond vs Official Beta, that the Diamond version will load sites that the Official beta doesn't. With what you're saying is that the Diamond will do the exact same thing as the Beta but does it differently. But the Diamond version does display the website better then the beta version...which is why I use the diamond version of Opera.

The only issue I have is using the keyboard, I can't use the keyboard in the app.

boubert 10-17-2008 11:41 PM

where did you get the diamond version? I can't find it

groovdafied 10-17-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boubert (Post 463047)
where did you get the diamond version? I can't find it

Over in the XDA Developers website, they have the Manilla 2D application along with the custom Opera Mobile app. It does the same thing as the Diamond, but was pulled from HTC's lower end model. Works great on my Mogul, just can't use the keyboard...only the virtual keyboard.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173

criticalaudioinc 10-18-2008 02:33 AM

I use Opera on my mogul and haven't ran into a issue and my keyboard has worked great with it, I am using the factory WM6.1 rom due to im to lazy to flash it to a cooked rom. Might want to check the rom, or check with conflicting programs.

groovdafied 10-18-2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc (Post 463156)
I use Opera on my mogul and haven't ran into a issue and my keyboard has worked great with it, I am using the factory WM6.1 rom due to im to lazy to flash it to a cooked rom. Might want to check the rom, or check with conflicting programs.

It did this with the sprint rom as well... so I can't figure it out. I like the XDA's opera mobile, but would like to use my precious keyboard.....preciousss.....ssssssssssss

criticalaudioinc 10-18-2008 11:25 AM

hmm what version of the beta are you using? also can you provide a list of the software you are using i can try to check and see if there is a conflict at all.

netw3rkd 10-25-2008 11:26 PM

I've got a version that lets me use the keyboard.
it'll popup the virtual one, but close the virtual one, and you can continue poking at the real keyboard. want it? let me know somehow and I can get it to you.

edit:
it's version: 9.5 build 1957 I uploaded it to my site.. http://netw3rkd.org/downloads/Opera_9.5.1957.cab.zip
I also have version 9.5 build 2128 but it only lets me use the virtual keyboard.. anyone find a fix, let me know. Thank you very much.

lion75y 10-26-2008 01:48 AM

well bad news... same happen to me... I just know one thing Mogul is a great phyone but once u wanna do big stuff like Opera it sucks cause of memory... I think Opera is more designed for the Diamond... also u can use Skyfire is even better than Opera because it has more flash players than Opera n Skyfire will play anything on the web... like im on skyfire in here right now lol :)