PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation VZW htc xv6800 wifi problem

I got this xv6800 from verizon that has a wifi problem. Whenever I turn the wifi on the antenna will show but there is no activity. The wifi or phone will not search or scan for any access point or any available servers. I have tried to connect to my wireless access point by entering all of my info, it only says connectiing but it will not connect. The wifi has worked before, but it has never been able to connect to any network at all. I have tried to fix it but it won't work. I have tried hard reset twice and even installed the new update to windows mobile 6.1 and it hasn't worked. Is there anyone that can help or what else can I do to my wifi on my xv6800 work.

Last edited by vrzsuxppcrocks; 10-14-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: spelling
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: VZW htc xv6800 wifi problem

Moved to Titan Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 10-14-2008, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Ive seen issues that ppl have with WiFi after flashing thier phone. When was the last time you flashed your device and did it work after that?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I did not flash it, I got the phone from someone else and I just found out that person did it and he did not tell me. can anyone tell me what can I do to make this thing work or else I will brake into peaces my $200 worth phone.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

You just need to reflash with a custom ROM or even an OEM ROM. But first you wanna make sure you back up and save all your contacts/pics/vids/sms/ECT.

You can do that with an app called PIMBackup or ActiveSync.

To make your own custom ROM look here and start at post #4. Its not hard but does require a bit of reading so you understand what you are doing.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can get PIMBackup from dotfred.net and I highly recommend it.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Im not sure what a flash is or how to costum my phone what tools I need...is it possible to format the phone and reinstall Windows mobile?if so how...
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would read the GaMedic how to flash thread.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I would read the GaMedic how to flash thread.
By that he means this thread here. Read over it a few times so you understand. Flashing is about the same as formatting and HDD and reloading an OS on it. A "kitchen" just helps you make your own OS or in this case a ROM which is your OS for your device.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

I take no responsibility for fubaring your phone, but I suffered from the no wifi problem once before too. The attached link will take you to a cab file at xda, which when installed on my titan fixed the wifi issues with not recognizing networks or connecting to networks.

Note, it appeared to brick my phone at first, hanging on the boot screen for several minutes. I pulled the battery for a few minutes and then booted back up normally.

Back up your contacts and such first because this may need a hard reset to get phone to boot, just like every modification we do.

tnetw1251-wifi-ics-fix.cab is the name.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1205330445

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan