PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Stupid Keyboard... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39686)

brushrop03 10-07-2008 06:53 AM

Stupid Keyboard...

I just got a new replacement phone the other day after having my phone stolen.

This phone has a completely different feel from my last Mogul. The keyboard is very unresponsive. I would try to type, and if I hit the keys too lite then alot of times nothing would happen. If I hit them too hard then the mogul may enter the character multiple times.

Anyone else have these kind of issues? It's become very annoying and i'm thinking about calling the insurance company back for a new one (although I feel they'll give me the same crap.)

edit: I've tried the XV6800 Keyboard fix and disabling the word prediction.

weedahoe 10-07-2008 10:33 AM

Re: Stupid Keyboard...

I would certainly call them back and ask for a different unit with the KB acting like that. Do it NOW before your 14 days run out

lcbster 10-07-2008 11:43 AM

This happened with me to i got 5 refurbs with the same problems until they just gave me a brand new one

brushrop03 10-07-2008 03:14 PM

I went back to the store and they're sending me another one in a couple of days. The guy said that its been happening to all the new and refurbs

If it happens again I'm requesting a different model or else I'm done with Sprint for good.

MrObvious 10-08-2008 10:59 AM

You should wait for the Touch Pro!

TheRealHotshot 10-08-2008 11:33 AM

Yea my keyboard been giving me HEIL!!! For the pass few months and I tried dealing with it. But I can't take it anymore. None of the KB Fixes works so I'm going to the sprint store with service repair n get an replacement I have insur so it should be a free. I'm not gonna wait til dec to try to get an touch pro for free I already pre ordered mines I just want a working mogul is that to much to ask for?

C-DuB2233 10-29-2008 09:53 PM

Well, my Dad and I both have moguls, and ours were perfect until downloading the WM6.1 ROM from the sprint website and since then certain characters such as "P" or "M" show up three or four times in a text message.

weedahoe 10-30-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-DuB2233 (Post 484185)
Well, my Dad and I both have moguls, and ours were perfect until downloading the WM6.1 ROM from the sprint website and since then certain characters such as "P" or "M" show up three or four times in a text message.

Wasnt there a fix for that on UTStars' site?

ecrawshaw 10-30-2008 04:00 PM

I'm having similar problems with WM 6.1 except with O's and A's. All my text messages look like rap lyrics... yooooooou

The Lance 10-30-2008 08:15 PM

well if someone has the fix for the keyboard I would like it cause mine is doing the same thing.. who knows maybe i'll take it to a sprint store and have it looked at.. maybe they'll give me a new one