PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Couple quick questions. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39350)

timsanerd87 10-03-2008 01:14 AM

Couple quick questions.

Hi, I looked around didn't see a answer for this if its here sorry.

- I have multiple mp3 ringtones, but when I assign a ringtone to a specific person the only thing that plays is the main ringtone I use for people who call but aren't in my contact list. Does that main ringer overpower all the others because its assigned to main or is there a way around this?

- I downloaded the .CAB file for Picto Pocket (love comics would like to read em on the go) When I try and start the program I get this message

"This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft@. NET Compact Framework than the version installed on the device"

if someone could point me into the right direction that would be great

- Also I see alot of people on here using other media players beisdes the Windows Media Player? I just got the Mogul yesterday and its my first HTC phone. Is something wrong with it? I have a 8GB memorycard and it plays all my songs fine. But I was wondering if it played avi. movies?

All help appreciated.

mooneyb 10-03-2008 01:24 AM

Re: Couple quick questions.

google tcpmp. It is an excellent freeware video player. This is the first app i have loaded on any new windows or palm unit i have ever owned.

gator2k83 10-03-2008 07:58 AM

Also there is a link somewhere on here for the .net 3.5cf, thats what I would install on your mogul. Its a cab file so installation is easy.

For your mp3 ringtones make sure they r in your my documents\my ringtones folder on your sd card and that they are a basic mp3 bitrate. For faster ringtones I just use .wav takes up more space but requires less power and always works when mp3's won't.

weedahoe 10-03-2008 08:58 AM

Here is the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable

Ringtones go in /Windows/Rings BTW

gator2k83 10-03-2008 12:35 PM

yes they can go there but it uses the storage memory of your phone.

I currently have about 50mb+ of custom ringers and do not wish to put all of them on the storage memory. + if you put in storage card\my documents\my ringtones\ when you flash a new rom or hard restet and restore your contacts your custom ringtones per caller remain.

weedahoe 10-03-2008 01:10 PM

Yes but as with the 67 most people experince wake-up lag when things are on the card and called on when the phone is asleep. That makes ppl miss calls. That why no apps with today plug-ins are advised to be installed on the card.

timsanerd87 10-03-2008 03:57 PM

Thanks for the help.

I dont think I asked the question about the ringers properly.

Example I have a ringer for someone with a ringtone I made and I assigned it to them in my contacts but it doesnt play only the main ringtone I have in the sounds and notifications plays.