PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan
Carrier: sprint

ix3u is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need advice quick style

so im going to (for the first time ) flash a custom rom. i dont know alot about them, and was wanting peoples input. what im looking for is something geared to performance. as of now i have the latetest m2d installed and even with most of the tabs turned off, it is still bogging down my titan. irritating. anyways, what im looking for is keeping manilla2d, having it run fairly quickly, and a list of good apps to get my hands on (looking for opinions on anything from photo editing to fun games that work on the mogul) and as simplified as can possibly be to get this flashed and working. assume that i am a moron (im not but totally new to this) and i have no idea how to do anything (not the case, but the easier the better). what do i need to flash it, like ppc kitchen, or whats the best/easiest unlocker. things like that.

TIA

ix3u
Old 09-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
Re: need advice quick style

nueRom3 will leave you plenty of ram left.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

hell yea^^^^^ i set my pp at 4 and got 36 or 38 at boot with no plugins

Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ix3u is a n00b

thanks guys. for nothing. read the post and like i said in the post, assume i know nothing. a link would be nice. googling nuerom3 all i got was nothing. An update list and no download link. sounds good. if i could find it. and once i do find it, how do i flash it?

Last edited by ix3u; 09-29-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: cos i misspelled a lot of stuff
Old 09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Sheesh! For wanting help, you're sure being a negative nancy!

Guide to upgrading:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

ROM's available:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21953
Old 09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ix3u is a n00b

wow saumaun, your quick as F@#! i hadnt even finished posting it and youve already replied. thats what im talking about.

but unfortunately, there isnt a lot of specifics. all it is is " look at all of this generic info, and try to make an educated guess"

i want specifics. sure, everyone talks about their rom being the best, but im trying to find a specific best for what im looking for. thats why i stated the prerequisites in the post. if i wanted a bunch of crap, i would have said" hey, everyone, tell me about cool **** with out how i do it."

the flashing guide i already have. im just trying to get a do this do this do this and then your good. im not looking for how to cook your own rom and then how to do this and so on.

im really NOT trying to be an ***. im just looking for specifics cos im drunk and wanted to do this asap. i have to work 14 hours tomorow, as well as everyday till sunday. so the quicker and more specific the better

once again. not trying to be a ****

Last edited by ix3u; 09-29-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

hah! I saw a new question and I responded ASAP! lol

BTW nueROM3 is only by 'invitation' at the moment because it is getting some bugs ironed out.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ix3u is a n00b

you totally rock. well how the hell do i get an invitaion? if i cant get one, then how the hell does that do me any goood :P

i hate you guys. but seriously.... i need help now. hook me up
Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ix3u View Post
you totally rock. well how the hell do i get an invitaion? if i cant get one, then how the hell does that do me any goood :P

i hate you guys. but seriously.... i need help now. hook me up
Bipolar much?

Well, to get access to the ROM you have to donate to him. It's as simple as that [and NO it's not because he wants money. He only allows donors because he wants people that are committed to his ROM to be able to access a non-final version]
Old 09-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ix3u is a n00b

i have no problem donating. ive donated to someguy? whoes smms is the **** by the way. but usually, people want you to donate for the new ****, not the stuff thats gonna make ur fone crash(beta stuff) not saying it will, but you know how beta works.but its the samew for WAD. you can try the beta all you want. but you pay for the final (which i did) but yeah, is it worth it? do they let you get the final for no loot if youve donated? ive got a wife and two kids, i dont have monies to just be throwing aroun

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan