PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Displaying contacts saved, First name first (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38245)

1999TL 09-23-2008 12:30 AM

Displaying contacts saved, First name first

If I enter a new contact and I enter a first and last name, the default always displays the last name first. Is there a way to change it so that it will display the first name first name first by default so I dont have to change it everytime?

MrObvious 09-23-2008 01:11 AM

Re: Displaying contacts saved, First name first

Nope. Not that I know of.

weedahoe 09-23-2008 07:31 AM

Well the trick used to do it like this

[first name][last name][comma]

Ex. John Doe,

Try that and lemme know if it works for you.

ppc6700freak 09-23-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999TL (Post 428541)
If I enter a new contact and I enter a first and last name, the default always displays the last name first. Is there a way to change it so that it will display the first name first name first by default so I dont have to change it everytime?

What ROM are you running? 6.1 allows you to choose per contact how to "file as:" last, first / first,last / and even last, first (company name)

nutt318 09-23-2008 08:35 AM

There is a way to do this on the phone as well in Outlook.

Just go into your contacts and then click on that person and hit menu then edit. The six option down is 'File as:' Here is where you can change how it is displayed in your phone.

Hope that helps.

TweetyBear 09-23-2008 08:43 AM

but the op said he wants it to be automatic instead of having to do it all the time

jye75 09-23-2008 09:44 AM

Look for a program called Contact Changer v.1.3. It'll change all of your current contacts plus default new ones to what you want.

here's a link..

http://good4every1.blogspot.com/2008...ontact-by.html

weedahoe 09-23-2008 11:52 AM

What wrong with how I told everyone to do it. Just go in and add a comma at the end of the name. It itsnt done for you automatically but then again how many names do you add a day? Just add a comma when you are adding a contact.

1999TL 09-23-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyBear (Post 428822)
but the op said he wants it to be automatic instead of having to do it all the time

You have reading comprehension skills.

I'm using 6.1. Fellas, I know that we don't enter in that many contacts, but it's still a pain. Try saving a number that is in your call list. You dont have the file as option there. So, if you wanted to have the first name listed first, you have to go back in contacts and find it. The commas don't work in that menu either. If you use the comma method while entering in a new contact from the regular contact menu, the old comma method works(damn that's old school). Then again, if you're in the regular contacts menu, you can EASILY go down to file as and change the setting. My problem is that if I save a new number from my call list, I always have to go back into contacts to change the setting. An option for default settings would have been nice. Or hell, have the file as option available when saving contacts in the phone call list.

jye75, thanks for the recommendation, but I'll try to keep my phone as clean as possible for now. I correct the contacts each time I save it so I really dont need a program at this point. Even though you didn't provide what I was looking for, you still gave good advice. ahem, ahem.

jye75 09-23-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999TL (Post 429153)
You have reading comprehension skills.

I'm using 6.1. Fellas, I know that we don't enter in that many contacts, but it's still a pain. Try saving a number that is in your call list. You dont have the file as option there. So, if you wanted to have the first name listed first, you have to go back in contacts and find it. The commas don't work in that menu either. If you use the comma method while entering in a new contact from the regular contact menu, the old comma method works(damn that's old school). Then again, if you're in the regular contacts menu, you can EASILY go down to file as and change the setting. My problem is that if I save a new number from my call list, I always have to go back into contacts to change the setting. An option for default settings would have been nice. Or hell, have the file as option available when saving contacts in the phone call list.

jye75, thanks for the recommendation, but I'll try to keep my phone as clean as possible for now. I correct the contacts each time I save it so I really dont need a program at this point. Even though you didn't provide what I was looking for, you still gave good advice. ahem, ahem.

It's really just something that you run once, and never have to run again, and on my wife's phone, each new entry is defaulted to first name first, but if that's not what you want, no biggie, just throwin' it out there.