PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   a little help please!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36375)

rhannahs19 09-02-2008 11:29 PM

a little help please!!!

Hello All

I am having a problem trying to run MusicID. I installed the cab to n2c pre8 and when i try to run it i get an error message:

"The file 'MusicID' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

This isn't the first file I've had this happen to. I believe it has to do with the security certificates, but does anyone know how to get this working? Thanks in advance.

lwrdrchvy2 09-02-2008 11:40 PM

Re: a little help please!!!

Did you install the cab to the device or storage card? I think I had the same thing happen when I installed to my storage card, when I switched it to the device it worked fine.

jon-e-jam 09-03-2008 03:28 AM

I have this on my 6800 in the storage card. Works great, cept its NOT a touch screen app. but it works w/ all the lower the toggle buttons and center enter button. I.d's songs from the radio w/ easy. and save them and then buy them later on.:headbang:

madman16420 09-03-2008 03:37 AM

fine works fine on the sd card windows 6.1 mogul

flyers2114 09-03-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhannahs19 (Post 402112)
Hello All

I am having a problem trying to run MusicID. I installed the cab to n2c pre8 and when i try to run it i get an error message:

"The file 'MusicID' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

This isn't the first file I've had this happen to. I believe it has to do with the security certificates, but does anyone know how to get this working? Thanks in advance.

I believe there is a regedit to disable the security certificates....let me look.....if I find it I will post back here....

rhannahs19 09-03-2008 09:20 AM

okay i installed it to the device, and it does work now, thanks guys

knobby 09-13-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 402317)
I believe there is a regedit to disable the security certificates....let me look.....if I find it I will post back here....

Has anyone figured this out? I loaded a 6.1 ROM, and am now on the road and can't take the chance of my phone not working. I tried to use some of the apps nue... and get a security certificate error, and would really like to use them.

Does anyone know what the keys are to allow them and other apps to run that ran in previous builds?

The notes from previous regedits didn't work. My setting
3.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 128
-> Change the value data from 128 to 144

default is = 160

Has anyone figured out how to do this without re-cooking a new version of a ROM? That would be hard to co anyway, I just downloaded it and tried it, later I'll have to understand what is in this and do one with the unlock built in. Thanks for the help in advance.

knobby 09-14-2008 01:18 AM

I got this worked out. It seems that the problem wasn't anything to do with the certificate. I installed the .NET 3.5 Cab and it fixed all the programs I couldn't run. Whoever built it must have had the .NET left out of the ROM.