PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Removal of sprint customizations & PRI 2.04_033 xv6800 guide (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36295)

G-Man255 09-10-2008 02:21 PM

Re: Removal of sprint customizations & PRI 2.04_033 xv6800 guide

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpimp420 (Post 406402)
:scratch:- On a side note. has this guide helped anyone do this successfully???? if so please post a thanks or something. A :headbang: would do! :mrgreen:

I was of the lucky ones who will require help with the PRI removal. I just bought the xv6800 and like a good user (and blind fool) I upgraded to the latest and greatest VZW ROM and Raido and thus now have no public / third party GPS capability. ](*,)

So now begins my journey through this PRI reflash nightmare. :scratch:

With that said I freely volunteer myself as a guinea pig for the "Trimp Method" and will provide feedback based on my experiences.

ramses77 09-12-2008 07:57 PM

thank you man i did it again and it is work and by the way my phone is sprint and now i can install any rom for verizon

jdin6800 09-22-2008 01:04 PM

I have a verizon xv6800 and accidentally let the Sprnit customizations install. Since I couldn't make calls, but before I read this, I reverted back to the verizon rom and radio that come with the phone but the phone would not "authenticate" and CSRs assured me it was simply a programming error. The phone would continually fail to program. I moved my service back to my 755p so that I could have a phone while I fixed the titan, and eventually found this very useful article.

THANK YOU.

I have just fully completed step 3 and can make calls (I don't have/want a data plan, so I am not sure how to test if data is working) and receive them. Is my problem over? I have the proper PRI, am authenticated, programmed, and the phone seems fully functional. It seems like steps 1-3 fixed my problem... do I need to do the rest? I do want to install custom roms soon, so is it necessary that I follow the rest of the instructions to reach my goal?

Thanks again. I thought I was in hot water.

Tpimp420 09-22-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdin6800 (Post 427425)
I have a verizon xv6800 and accidentally let the Sprnit customizations install. Since I couldn't make calls, but before I read this, I reverted back to the verizon rom and radio that come with the phone but the phone would not "authenticate" and CSRs assured me it was simply a programming error. The phone would continually fail to program. I moved my service back to my 755p so that I could have a phone while I fixed the titan, and eventually found this very useful article.

THANK YOU.

I have just fully completed step 3 and can make calls (I don't have/want a data plan, so I am not sure how to test if data is working) and receive them. Is my problem over? I have the proper PRI, am authenticated, programmed, and the phone seems fully functional. It seems like steps 1-3 fixed my problem... do I need to do the rest? I do want to install custom roms soon, so is it necessary that I follow the rest of the instructions to reach my goal?

Thanks again. I thought I was in hot water.

You're welcome. And yes if you would like to install custom roms and keep the from returning to the "ROAMING" because of the sprint customizations. I believe you must follow the steps exact to get it to work. However, if someone is happy with having the original wm6 stock vzw rom on their device they could stop at step 3. especially if they didnt need data.

azrael201 02-26-2009 12:50 AM

this worked for me thanks!

only thing is i would say is you should be specific for noobs like me what reprogramming means. i assumed it was *228 1 but who knows but it's working for me. i'm guessing steps 4 and 5 is to get Data working? although data was working before step 4 i mean you said to check it right? but i thought steps 4 and 5 were to just install the carrier cab for data on custom roms which i'm sure you could've just told people to go ahead with custom rom after 3?

oh well i did it all and not too bad. good job and the thread was hard to find.

also i didn't know how to install the cab. i had to search around for a bit and found out you just copy the file over and open it in the phone.

2xtreme 03-01-2009 12:06 AM

i got to step 3 and had VZW rep reprogram the phone with ##778 and reenter the Akey. phone calls worked at that point but once I tried to run to the MR1 update it got to 11% and the phone resets to the red green blue screen spl 1.2 olipro and the computer software freezes. HELP!

azrael201 03-02-2009 07:37 PM

do you really need to reenter Akeys? i thought you can just use *228 to reprogram. I don't know what the MR1 update is. sorry.

PDAPhoneJunkie 03-02-2009 09:46 PM

Doing *22899 will work just fine. The A-Key is usally not needed. If it is then you will need a good reason to convice a Verizon rep to get it to you. If you just call in asking for a new A-Key they will become suspicious, because you know more than the average Joe Blow.

Tell them "I hard reset my phone and now it says it can not authenticate the call when I try to dial out".