PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul ESN change? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34787)

og style 08-13-2008 11:57 AM

Mogul ESN change?

My uncle gave me his old Mogul. About 1 month ago he thought that it was stolen and did not have insurance on it. He called sprint and told them that and had them switch back to his old phone. It turned out that he left it in his friends car. When he got it back he tried to get it turned back on and they would not do it. We still can't understand why the won't turn it back on. I have heard that there are ways to change the esn on these phones. I have not found any good tutorials on how to do this. Can someone please help me? Thanks

superevilllama 08-13-2008 12:39 PM

Re: Mogul ESN change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by og style (Post 381185)
My uncle gave me his old Mogul. About 1 month ago he thought that it was stolen and did not have insurance on it. He called sprint and told them that and had them switch back to his old phone. It turned out that he left it in his friends car. When he got it back he tried to get it turned back on and they would not do it. We still can't understand why the won't turn it back on. I have heard that there are ways to change the esn on these phones. I have not found any good tutorials on how to do this. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Alight well.. couple things.

When you call saying that your missing your phone, they usually automatically black list it. You could have just called in and said that you would like to change your esn on your account to your other phone while you search for the mogul.

Either way, changing an esn and writing it to a phone is illegal. That being said, yes it is possible, you just need to search for the documentation.

og style 08-13-2008 03:36 PM

I dont care about he legality of it. It is not right the the owner can not get it of the blacklist. Do you know where I can find a tut for this phone?

flyers2114 08-13-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by og style (Post 381446)
I dont care about he legality of it. It is not right the the owner can not get it of the blacklist. Do you know where I can find a tut for this phone?

What he is saying you are going to need to do a search on your own....it is against the forum rules......."hypothetically speaking"......how do we know you are the true owner?.........Google is your friend on this one....

nxtech3 08-13-2008 03:47 PM

Sprint can do it, ive submitted the requests before. It usually takes a couple of days while they research the circumstances. The problem is getting a rep that will take the time to do it. Try calling Sprint and speaking to their insurance help department (not asurion or signal but Sprint themselves)

MrObvious 08-13-2008 04:31 PM

If all else fails, call Customer Retention. *snicker*

ndnygaard 08-13-2008 06:27 PM

if someone wanted to change a ESN.. Not that anyone would of course :mrgreen:
There is probly a TUT at HOFO.