PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Developers, No2Chem, others, is this possible? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33850)

parrott84 08-03-2008 04:01 PM

Developers, No2Chem, others, is this possible?

Is there a way to create a program that would allow you to click a button and have it check all your email accounts for you and then beep or something when its done to let you know it is complete?

I usually have 4-5 email accounts set up on my Mogul at a time and sometimes I do a soft re-set or just randomly I want to check all my emails and not go into each account and click send or receive. Many times I have my accounts set up to automatically check at various times depending on the frequency that I use each account, but sometimes I have a second and would like to update all of them. Would this be possible? This would be a great addition to the NueTools...

puff 08-03-2008 04:04 PM

Re: Developers, No2Chem, others, is this possible?

You could always aggregate your email to a single account...

parrott84 08-03-2008 04:10 PM

I could, they are all very specific though and I would like to keep them separate. I just thought that pushing one button and having it check them all would be super convenient.

puff 08-03-2008 04:12 PM

Well i can understand that, after all it was just a suggestion ;-)

datawrhsdoc 08-03-2008 08:40 PM

Perhaps you could leverage Mortscript to do this. Worth looking into anyway....

SBR_L3GION 08-03-2008 08:49 PM

i know grondinm is very good with mortscript i think this might be possible with mortscript i would look him and ask him.

rstoyguy 08-03-2008 09:02 PM

Why not just setup your accounts with xml and preset them to poll for mail every 30 minutes?

parrott84 08-03-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 370358)
Why not just setup your accounts with xml and preset them to poll for mail every 30 minutes?

The timing isn't the issue, I have them set up for when I want them to go, one account is about once a day, one is every 2 hrs, one is 4 hrs, and one is an exchange server that I have set to manual because I get waaaay to many emails a day.

What I am looking for is this:
Once in a while I have down time and I want to get up to date on all the accounts, I thought it would be great to have the ability to select some sort of option/feature that would get all your accounts up to date.

Does anyone else feel this would be a great implementation?

puff 08-03-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrott84 (Post 370482)
Does anyone else feel this would be a great implementation?

Yes and No

Yes - Once you've set up your email to download @ a certain time, you must wait for the selected interval (unless all your email is pushed, in which case this doesn't apply) - however, should u have 'downtime' or 'a spare moment' and you want to check your email NOW rather than wait, you must individually select each account and then initiate the checking manually times number of email accounts. If you have several, something like this would be great!!!

No - personally i wouldn't use it :D

nuguy 08-03-2008 11:49 PM

I would use it. I also have several accts, and a couple are manual, mostly I check on a desktop for those, but you know sometimes you are waiting on a specific e-mail to come in...