PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   GPS Problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33009)

blademan1969 07-25-2008 12:30 PM

GPS Problems

Ive searched and cannot find any answers on the forum. For some reason my GPS wont hook up. Im using Live Search and Google Maps. I am running the new Rom and it was working great but now it takes forever to hook up. Any suggestions.

thanks

blademan1969

MrObvious 07-25-2008 04:30 PM

Re: GPS Problems

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17032

Read that and try the power management registry hacks and read that over.

blademan1969 07-26-2008 02:18 AM

did all that. im just having problems and was wondering if anyone else had run into the kind of problems ive been having
Thanks blademan1969

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 360663)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17032

Read that and try the power management registry hacks and read that over.

jethro_static 07-26-2008 02:21 AM

I'm sorry to interupt but I've seen a lot of same questions like this in this forum. Why is it when somebody cannot get a lock a new thread is started? This question is ask in a new thread everyday. U've tried to search the forum and did not get any answers from any thread with the same questions. So what makes u think U'll get the answer on the thread U started? The answer U will get is the same answers on ur search results. I'm sorry. No personal attacks just tired of the same threads all the time.

blademan1969 07-26-2008 02:30 AM

well im sorry that a new thread was started with the same old questions but after youve looked for some kind of answer for an hour you get desperate. I tried looking, im sorry that mabey I was searching for the wrong thing thats why it didnt come up, but ive always respected this forum and have tried my best to find the answers without starting a new thread. 99 percent of the time I find what I need and I apologize again for this one time that I couldnt find what I was looking for that I had to start a new thread. Oh thanks for replying.
Isnt that the whole purpose of this forum to try to answer questions.

blademan1969

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 361187)
I'm sorry to interupt but I've seen a lot of same questions like this in this forum. Why is it when somebody cannot get a lock a new thread is started? This question is ask in a new thread everyday.

jethro_static 07-26-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blademan1969 (Post 361194)
well im sorry that a new thread was started with the same old questions but after youve looked for some kind of answer for an hour you get desperate. I tried looking, im sorry that mabey I was searching for the wrong thing thats why it didnt come up, but ive always respected this forum and have tried my best to find the answers without starting a new thread. 99 percent of the time I find what I need and I apologize again for this one time that I couldnt find what I was looking for that I had to start a new thread. Oh thanks for replying.
Isnt that the whole purpose of this forum to try to answer questions.

blademan1969

What I'm tryin to say is to just post in the thread with the same questions. I think thats a better definition of forum. Starting new threads with the same questions will only make search feature unusable. If U try to find an answer, 90% is garbage on search results coz it's just redundancy. I hope U got my point. Thanks

jethro_static 07-26-2008 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blademan1969 (Post 361184)
did all that. im just having problems and was wondering if anyone else had run into the kind of problems ive been having
Thanks blademan1969

This is exactly my point. U tried it. The same answers that U got from threads with the same questions.

blademan1969 07-26-2008 02:55 AM

ok geeze you win. i just dont live on this forum and i searched and couldnt find the answer. I know what your talking about but i just want you to realize that i dont post lightly. I do my best to respect the rules of the forum thats all im trying to say.

azbobs 07-26-2008 07:41 AM

Feel your pain and everyone here has tried to help me as well. I have spent hours trying to find the very same answer and have tried loading the cab posted on my post a few days ago, you could try it I suppose it did not work for me. I have given up for now,, nothings seems to work except some saying to cook your rom which is risky and could void your warranty,,, and even then some say that works as the cab was suppose to work so it's user beware and you just have to keep reading here or give up. I hear that if you cook your rom that you could remove it before taking your phone to your provider if you needed to, not sure of that need to search some more here.

I keep looking back here for hopefully someone that will have a All-tell PC-6800 and have been able to make there's work. I would look as I am for someone that is using the same phone and rom, radio version that has had success, I don't know what else to say. Plus searching through here you learn a lot more about themes, rom, lots of cool mod's.

The cab is on my post by Keir333 he says he has the same phone as I do so I am not sure that would be the one you would want to use. I thought I would look for someone with the same phone and he has the same as mine, same rom and radio version and the cab still did not work on my, go figure.

](*,)

I would also post info like your phone carrier, type of phone, rom and radio version.

I would not take it personal what Jethro posted even he post the same thing multipule times like Opera, Iphone, mogul, etc we all do it in search of answer's. :drunken:

You can do a search on a person's ID for there post for laughs plus helps when you find someone that really know's there modding....

Good luck there are alot of good info and people here.

:mrgreen:

Cheers,
Azbobs

blademan1969 07-26-2008 01:48 PM

thanks azbobs.

blademan1969

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbobs (Post 361271)
Feel your pain and everyone here has tried to help me as well. I have spent hours trying to find the very same answer and have tried loading the cab posted on my post a few days ago, you could try it I suppose it did not work for me. I have given up for now,, nothings seems to work except some saying to cook your rom which is risky and could void your warranty,,, and even then some say that works as the cab was suppose to work so it's user beware and you just have to keep reading here or give up. I hear that if you cook your rom that you could remove it before taking your phone to your provider if you needed to, not sure of that need to search some more here.

I keep looking back here for hopefully someone that will have a All-tell PC-6800 and have been able to make there's work. I would look as I am for someone that is using the same phone and rom, radio version that has had success, I don't know what else to say. Plus searching through here you learn a lot more about themes, rom, lots of cool mod's.

The cab is on my post by Keir333 he says he has the same phone as I do so I am not sure that would be the one you would want to use. I thought I would look for someone with the same phone and he has the same as mine, same rom and radio version and the cab still did not work on my, go figure.

](*,)

I would also post info like your phone carrier, type of phone, rom and radio version.

I would not take it personal what Jethro posted even he post the same thing multipule times like Opera, Iphone, mogul, etc we all do it in search of answer's. :drunken:

You can do a search on a person's ID for there post for laughs plus helps when you find someone that really know's there modding....

Good luck there are alot of good info and people here.

:mrgreen:

Cheers,
Azbobs