PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   phone sluggish and keyboard is wacky (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31331)

bost1997 07-07-2008 05:40 PM

phone sluggish and keyboard is wacky

i have loaded the new Sprint ROM on my phone. the only other program installed is MSVC (upgraded to the latest version). since doing this last week, the phone seems to lag when I click on notifications, battery icon, etc (just about anything). also, when trying to type emails....some keys get missed and others repeat themselves. it is very annoying and I never had this problem prior to upgrading to this new "official" ROM.

any comments?

holo 07-07-2008 08:16 PM

Re: phone sluggish and keyboard is wacky

Quote:

Originally Posted by bost1997 (Post 339397)
i have loaded the new Sprint ROM on my phone. the only other program installed is MSVC (upgraded to the latest version). since doing this last week, the phone seems to lag when I click on notifications, battery icon, etc (just about anything). also, when trying to type emails....some keys get missed and others repeat themselves. it is very annoying and I never had this problem prior to upgrading to this new "official" ROM.

any comments?

by 'newest' version of MSVC are you using build 19209 or just 1.6 you got via a retail site? the retail sites carry a version that will not work on the new rom (or really any 6.0/6.1 rom properly) and I would recommend googling around for build 19209. that could be your problem...

bost1997 07-08-2008 06:45 AM

Sorry for not being complete in my original post. I do have 12909 installed on the phone. That is the only program installed on the phone. We have 4 of 10 moguls at our company that we have upgraded to the new ROM. 3 of the 4 have the same complaint.

dallas contractor 07-08-2008 07:56 AM

Remove MSVC and see if the problem goes away, or maybe something happened with install of new rom,. Did you let customuzation run thru? You made need to reflash. Did you soft reset after installing? Did you disable voice speed dial in programs?

IODprod 07-08-2008 10:59 AM

I flashed my twice thinking that would have fixed it
I have the same complaints out of the box with the new rom!

bost1997 07-08-2008 08:08 PM

the biggest thing is the keyboard typing wacky. these extra characters that get added for no reason are driving me crazy. below is a test email that i just typed from my mogul and sent to myself. believe me...I am a very good typist (one of the only things I can claim to be good at). see sample below:

Thiss is a test to see how the keboard responnnds nnow that I am on this nnew ild from sprint. I never used to have prooblems typing. I sure hope this can be fixed.

dallas contractor 07-08-2008 08:23 PM

Have you dropped your phone to possible damage keyboard?

bost1997 07-08-2008 08:43 PM

definitely not. also, it is happening on multiple moguls that our company has. all of them have the same config...the new rom + updated MSVC. given so many people who think that MSVC works fine (and it does on our phones as well)....i can't believe that this is causing the problem.

banzaiwolfe 07-08-2008 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try using the attached and see if you still get the repeating letters. I think that's one of the issues it's supposed to fix.

bost1997 07-08-2008 09:47 PM

two questions:

1. has anyone else used this fix to correct screwed up typing? if so, did it fix it?

2. does anyone know if this fix works with the 3.56 ROM?