PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tethering Disconnets (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29565)

brushrop03 06-18-2008 08:43 AM

Tethering Disconnets

When i'm using Internet Sharing, I constantly lose my connection and disconnect. It probably happens after about 15mins or so after connecting.

Why does it keep happening and is there anything I can do?

Lsme420 06-18-2008 08:53 AM

Re: Tethering Disconnets

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushrop03 (Post 318252)
When i'm using Internet Sharing, I constantly lose my connection and disconnect. It probably happens after about 15mins or so after connecting.

Why does it keep happening and is there anything I can do?

What Rom are you running? I know some roms had trouble staying connected like the 3.16 rom. With the new 3.35 I haven't seen any issues.

brushrop03 06-18-2008 08:56 AM

I'm using No2Chem's 5067. I think its based off of 3.49 rom...? I just reflashed yesterday. Before I was using his 5060 rom, but even then it would disconnect often.

Lsme420 06-18-2008 09:04 AM

I sent you a PM.

auto_exec 06-20-2008 03:34 PM

I have experienced similar issues, using sprint stock 3.35 ROM... any ideas?

mobilejray 06-21-2008 01:05 AM

My Mogul disconnects quite often from the Internet Sharing too.
I have good coverage, and usually a fast connection.
I can't seem to find a definite patter of time, but it seems to be 15 minutes or a little bit more.

Thanks,

htownfanatic 06-21-2008 03:17 PM

Hi everyone...Ive searched and searched but cannot find the answer. I have a mogul and Im trying to tether with my desktop. Im not sure how to set it up and if anyone could point me in the right direction with step by step instructions it would GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Ive been trying to do it for months.

Nickles 06-21-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htownfanatic (Post 321315)
Hi everyone...Ive searched and searched but cannot find the answer. I have a mogul and Im trying to tether with my desktop. Im not sure how to set it up and if anyone could point me in the right direction with step by step instructions it would GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Ive been trying to do it for months.

This thread HERE, step by steps it for you.

soinkster 06-21-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htownfanatic (Post 321315)

theres a video of how to on youtube thank me later:mrgreen:

rstoyguy 06-21-2008 03:50 PM

I was having trouble with this, don't know what got fixed, but I uninstalled/re-installed my anti-virus/FIREWALL software and it fixed itself. So I am assuming my drops were the way my firewall was configured. Now I can download / upload no problems. Very annoying when the ftp here doesn't support resume/append...