PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Request... Anybody want to help me with this? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29533)

lifeuw19 06-17-2008 09:10 PM

Request... Anybody want to help me with this?

Ok, so I purchased one of these (http://www.semsons.com/2miusband3st.html) for my Mogul. Although it says it doesn't work with the newest ROM for the Mogul. Another friendly user (Yankee368), told me it works... just have to do step by step. You have to start the stream, plug this in, then plug in the headphone jack. I love this thing for what it does... it now gives me Sirius in my other car and Slingbox audio through my car speakers. As well... speakerphone through my car speakers.

Here lies the problem and the help I really need. Anytime I get an email, text, phone call, or even switch stations on Sirius, it stops the audio coming out of the speakers. So I then have to unplug everything and start the procedure all over again. Would anyone be willing to try to figure out a Reg Edit, or just a fix for this? This thing is truly awesome, I just am already annoyed by having to keep starting over the process... and I've only had it for one day. I just want to be able to plug it in in any order, as well, not need to have to unplug everything, if I'm interrupted by a call, email, text, changing stations, etc.

Any and all help is appreciated. Would anyone know what the "charge port" would be called and where it would be located in the registry? I might mess around with it through PHM_RegEdit, but I don't know where to start.

Again... THANKS!!!

holo 06-17-2008 09:12 PM

Re: Request... Anybody want to help me with this?

I believe a 3.5mm adapter was included in the original box the titan comes in - try using that...

lifeuw19 06-17-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holo (Post 317923)
I believe a 3.5mm adapter was included in the original box the titan comes in - try using that...

Nope... mine only came with a splitter to plug in the stock headphones and a charger in it... hence, why I spent the $5 on this...

scarsofthumper 06-17-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeuw19 (Post 317926)
Nope... mine only came with a splitter to plug in the stock headphones and a charger in it... hence, why I spent the $5 on this...

I don't have mine next to me but I coulda sworn it was a 2.5mm?

holo 06-17-2008 11:41 PM

There was more than one adapter in the box, I believe one of them was a 3.5mm adapter....

Spr0ckEt 06-18-2008 02:12 AM

My original Verizon one was a y cable with a 2.5 splitter. I like the idea of having a 3.5 much better.

JaredC01 06-18-2008 02:54 AM

It's a 2.5 that comes with it.

strawsy 06-18-2008 03:00 AM

It comes with a 2.5mm and a 3.5mm.

lifeuw19 06-18-2008 07:39 AM

2.5... 3.5... I'm tellin ya... mine didn't come with it... hence... why I need help with the above stated. :)

So please... any help on that, and less discussion on if or what it came with is appreciated!! :) :)

gator2k83 06-18-2008 07:50 AM

It was a 2.5 that came with mine... However it has to do with how the adapter is wired and how the newer rom treats the connection. There is a schematic floating around with the pinout of the HTC ext usb port that explains the problem. It has to do with the wiring inside the audio side of the jack one of them is shorting with the other ( the way the new rom interprets it) The work around is to go into your ext usb on the adapter and remove 1 pin from the header or to push it back and out of the way so it will not short out. This will lwt you do what you want and you can connect in any order and the audio will come out all the time no matter what order you plug the wires up. Give me some time to find the post over on xda and i will link you to it.