PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   the new rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29385)

TheShade001 06-17-2008 09:24 AM

Re: the new rom

Quote:

Originally Posted by mromblad (Post 317061)
no2chem 5069k ROM with a page pool of 8-10 is the fastest to date for the mogul.

Read up in the no2chem v2.1 thread in the titan upgrade sub-board.

I swear I have not lagged once, and with using oxios memory, I have not reset since I flashed the ROM.

patrickoneal,
i could not agree with mromblad more. I am using the same rom and i have not lagged, at all, and have had absolutely no reason to flash back. i have been really enjoying it.

dzuchowski,
lol. funny. Well i can't run GTA on my mogul, but it actually has become my mini laptop. I actually don't carry my laptop with me as much since i can pretty much control everything(including my actual pc) from my mogul.

I have heard rumors of Titan ram upgrades in another thread. Someone claimed to have upgraded their ram to 128mb. It sounded a bit sketchy and very over-priced. The person who made this claim did not really come through with convincing evidence that it was true(i havent checked back in the thread in a couple of weeks). They did post some pics, but they didn't seem to impress anyone. Not to mention they were asking for 150$ for the upgrade. So i am not sure. I certainly hope it is possible, but not at such a high price.

damonwest2000 06-17-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfdriven (Post 316637)
You are gonna give up your 6800 for an Instinct just because you want a new rom, I don't get it.

Nah i did not mean that i would switch to the instinct, it was just a figure of speach,
i too attatched to my mogul man, I was just saying this wait is killing me ....If anything pending on Sprint Specs i will look at the Touch Pro Though

munkeeboy 06-17-2008 11:38 AM

i think the new phones coming out are multimedia phones(not smartphones) try to compare to iphone. who cares about the iphone. none of them catch my eye i'm staying with the mogul.

halfdriven 06-18-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damonwest2000 (Post 317281)
If anything pending on Sprint Specs i will look at the Touch Pro Though

Its nice, got to play with one last week

yakky 06-19-2008 05:28 PM

what is everyone in such a hurry for? If you want 6.1 there are roms out there.... Otherwise the latest Sprint rom is pretty damn good.

nosmohtac 06-19-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmd18 (Post 316738)
do what i'm going to do get a palm 800w and say the hell with htc

Palm makes a good WM phone, but with the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro coming a couple of months after the 800w, I don't think I'll be getting the new Palm.

If the 800w had 480x480 resolution I would be tempted to jump ship, but with only 320x320 I'll wait for the new VGA models from HTC.

I know the screen on the 800w is smaller, but the Touch Diamond/Pro will have 3x the pixels as the 800w (102400 vs 307200).

I've been waiting for a VGA WM phone for a CDMA network since my Toshiba e800 that I had back in 2003. Man, five years ago and we still don't have VGA phones on a CDMA network. Talk about being spoon fed technology.

Even though pocket IE sucks compared to iphone's safari browser, it's so much more enjoyable to view at VGA resolution.

BTW: I think the Touch Pro is going to have over 256MB of RAM.
Who knows how much of that will be available to the user though.
I was reading in the Touch Diamond Forum that one of the custom ROM's has 60MB of Ram available after a soft reset. That's a lot of RAM used by the OS when the Diamond has 128 or 192 MB of RAM.