PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
heat + power drain in wifi adhoc?

I'm sharing my internet via wmrouter and even though the phone is plugged in, the battery drains. This doesn't happen of the bat but one thing I find in common is the cellphone gets hot. So I am guessing the heat is prevent current to flow to my phone thus not charge?

or is it the fact that wifi + internet + apps uses more energy then the phone charges(which i doubt)
________
Uggs

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: heat + power drain in wifi adhoc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
or is it the fact that wifi + internet + apps uses more energy then the phone charges(which i doubt)
If by plugged in, you mean to your laptop, you're actually correct. The USB charge is a slow trickle charge, and more than likely you're draining your battery faster than it's being charged.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:41 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
If by plugged in, you mean to your laptop, you're actually correct. The USB charge is a slow trickle charge, and more than likely you're draining your battery faster than it's being charged.

Actually, I am charging from the power, not from a laptop :/

Only things I found in common when it starts loosing power is the phone getting pretty hot and the power charge light blinks instead of glows.

I also set lcd to minimum brightness cause I know that drains a lot of energy. So only things are internet, wifi, and the wmrouter app (which starts internet connection sharing)
________
Vaporizer guide

Old 06-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sandiegodude is just getting started

if your led blinks while charging your mogul is overheating. try keeping the keyboard open to help dissapate the heat.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:24 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegodude View Post
if your led blinks while charging your mogul is overheating. try keeping the keyboard open to help dissapate the heat.
Oh I see by adding more surface area and making it a tad cooler..k thanks I'll try that.

I kinda thought heating maybe the case (aside from the phone being hot and all) since when I have it upright or downright...downright seems to last longer( probably cause there is a hole over there)..though didn't know the mogul had an indication of over heating :/

But is it suppose to do that though? like is it the phone running a constant process or the wifi or internet or combination of both causing the over heating? Usually in cases like computers there are fans and heat exhausts or so to ensure it doesn't over heat...
________
married woman Webcam

Old 06-01-2008, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Chillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuffChillen knows their stuff

I just noticed this last nite, was very very hot just using wifi and it was also being charged by wall charger.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:33 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamu93 View Post
I just noticed this last nite, was very very hot just using wifi and it was also being charged by wall charger.
hmm..so is it the wifi then or wifi + charging thats causing the overheating? :/
________
bald pussy Cam

Old 06-01-2008, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

To avoid this problem when using WMWifirouter, I remove the case, open the keyboard and prop up the device so that there is maximum airflow on the device.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:37 AM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You could be damaging your battery by getting it too hot. Be very careful, if a battery gets too hot for too long the acid inside will start to evaporate causing the battery to bulge. At that point the battery will never hold a good charge and if continued, the battery can explode. I've done a test with exploding a phone battery and I'll tell you this, if that battery goes while it's in your pocket, good luck walking again.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDrake View Post
You could be damaging your battery by getting it too hot. Be very careful, if a battery gets too hot for too long the acid inside will start to evaporate causing the battery to bulge. At that point the battery will never hold a good charge and if continued, the battery can explode. I've done a test with exploding a phone battery and I'll tell you this, if that battery goes while it's in your pocket, good luck walking again.
well where it overheats it isn't in my pocket..but I am worried that it can cause it to fry. Not only the the battey but phone itself..but then what to do in this case, not to use wifi? :/

for wifi to cause overheating is kinda silly >.>
________
Box vaporizer

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan