PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Telus to Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29186)

TrueArsenic 06-13-2008 04:31 PM

Telus to Sprint

Hey Guys, i came across a mogul that was un-branded and went into the Device info and it listed some Telus info in there, so i assume this local company that i got the phone from was using the P4000. I know they're the exact same phone, just different names, and they're both CDMA.

Now i'm assuming i can just flash it to sprint. The ESN is clear on Sprint's end, so i could probably just do the ESN Swap right now and be good to go with it, but i've got a customer who wanted to buy it on Sprint's end.

I was gonna flash to 3.35 and just wanted to make sure everything was gonna go smoothly.

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, but i just wanted to get the expert opinion from the REAL techs here at PPC.

Anyway, if anyone's got any ideas as to why it WOULDN'T work, i'd appreciate it. I remember seeing a topic like this before but didn't find anything through search.

Thanks in advance guys!

TrueArsenic 06-13-2008 08:24 PM

Re: Telus to Sprint

FYI this rom came from the factory with 1.20 oilpro.. didn't someone say they got a new mogul with 1.40 oilpro on it? Weird.. Maybe HTC really DID adopt the oilpro SPL...

cornelious2 06-13-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueArsenic (Post 313990)
FYI this rom came from the factory with 1.20 oilpro.. didn't someone say they got a new mogul with 1.40 oilpro on it? Weird.. Maybe HTC really DID adopt the oilpro SPL...

sprints been known to refurbish units and re-box them "as new"

TrueArsenic 06-14-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornelious2 (Post 314025)
sprints been known to refurbish units and re-box them "as new"

word... but it's not a Sprint phone.. it's a Telus P4000..

TrueArsenic 06-14-2008 01:22 AM

So.. does anyone know if this is possible??

DDrake 06-14-2008 12:54 PM

It has to be loaded into Sprint's pool. If it's telus, it's not going to be in there. It's almost impossible to do so, usually thousands are entered at the same time when they come in from the manufacturer, and it's hard to get it on the list. If you do, you will have to flash it with Sprint's software because only the phone will work to make calls, no texting, no internet.

Good luck

TrueArsenic 06-14-2008 01:09 PM

Well, i had to go to 2.40 oilpro in order to go to the 3.35, which went through successfully.

Before purchasing the phone i called CS and they verified the ESN was clear. Now this ESN tool they use, i'm not sure if it checks to see if it's in the system, or simply checks to see if the ESN is attached to an account, but yeah, that was my last concern was seeing if the phone would be able to be activated on Sprint with this ESN.

I appreciate the help. We'll give it a shot and i'll let you know what happens here.

Thanks!

TrueArsenic 06-23-2008 12:30 PM

Well, after going to 2.40 and flashing the official 3.35, i'm in business! After talking to a Sprint Rep i played dumb on the ESN and said the guy i bought it from said the phone was fine, he put me on hold, and didn't give me an explanation.. just simply said "Well, i got it taken care of for you. I had to put in a ticket for it, but we'll get back to you in 24-48 hours and get you the programming info." Sure enough, the next day i got a call from a different rep who helped me with the ESN Swap and Programming.

It worked! My bill is exactly the same as it was and everything is kosher. :)

I just wish i knew what the guy did so we'd know what to hassle the Reps for. :)