PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Memory card not installed HCSD Help!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28731)

juneyer 06-08-2008 11:37 AM

Memory card not installed HCSD Help!!

Hello all, I have searched and searched and tried many "fixes" to no avail, I have a sprint Mogul I purchased off ebay,(used, Like new) It came with a Kingston 4gb card, I never checked to see if it worked to begin with, I upgraded to the latest official rom 3.35.04 then put in the card, It did not recognize it, Thus "no memory card installed" message from the memory manager, First thing I tried was to purchase a new HCSD card, put it in same deal, I start looking on the net and find PPCGeeks, great site, lots of info, so after some looking I find HDSC Drivers, ahh this must be the problem!!!=D> so I install the drivers,(correctly I believe) I check the memory manager,:scratch: Same problem.... So I search and I read, and I read and I search, I follow directions and still cannot get either card to recognize..here I sit defeated, a little piece of technology kicked my butt! If you think you can, please help me regain my title of techno-savey, and put this memory card problem behind me.

Juneyer

3boos 06-08-2008 12:32 PM

Re: Memory card not installed HCSD Help!!

hey, I know it may be obvious, but have you tried formatting the card?!!

juneyer 06-08-2008 01:06 PM

I formatted it on my PC....

boubert 06-08-2008 04:47 PM

put the card in and turn the screen lights on, after about 30 seconds touch the card slot if it is "hot" and i dont mean a little warm it needs to be taken in and replaced. i just went in and had mine replaced for the same thing, it was getting hot enough to burn your finger

juneyer 06-08-2008 05:19 PM

It's not getting hot, at all, It just simply will not recognize, but thank you for the tip.

3boos 06-08-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juneyer (Post 308416)
I formatted it on my PC....

did you format it FAT32, if not make sure you do that and try again.

juneyer 06-26-2008 06:45 PM

Sorry for the long delay, Yes it was formatted fat32, I am really getting bummed!!

beefcakeb0 06-29-2008 01:31 AM

dont worry...someone here will help.

soometimes cards go bad....does it hold data from your pc? try another card...if no cards work you could just have a bad card reader

juneyer 06-30-2008 09:21 AM

I have tried the cards (2) in my PC an both work fine, I do believe the card reader has gone bad on me, I will keep my eye on this Thread if anyone may know of a fix. Thanks to you all for your help!!!!

probean 10-06-2008 09:29 AM

i had the similar issue, and solved it yesterday!
okay, get a memory card reader first. then insert it in your PC with the microSD card in it.
format the microSD card in FAT (NOT FAT32, though some posts might suggest to format in FAT32) system.
load songs, videos, pictures, etc in the card.
take the card out, and insert it back into the phone.
IMPORTANT: while doing this, make sure that you push the card BEYOND the point where you hear the spring 'click' and hold it for a second may be.
then power the phone back on and you're good to go!