PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   new mobile shell & diamond skin (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27819)

ajones7279 05-28-2008 11:51 PM

Re: new mobile shell & diamond skin

Well, I mean, you are on the Mogul :) I kid I kid. I haven't had any memory problems. Then again........look at my ram, he he he.

mromblad 05-29-2008 12:50 AM

yes also look at the fact that you dont have wi-fi or a keyboard, and your device came out how long after the mogul ,yet it is still lacking.

and why is it that right after the touch came out, they are making the diamond? and better yet, the replacement for the mogul, which has been out longer then the touch still doesnt have an official date on it.

but yes, bask in your glory of more ram while we all sit over here content with the fact that the mogul is still a better device.

back to the topic at hand. it is still not working in landscape mode.

s4n3_0n3 05-29-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PropagandaX (Post 298401)
That diamond theme is cool but is a huge memory hog, about 15mb free on mogul. I am looking forward to the new slimmed down version with just 4 pages, i dont need multiple phone contacts or other junk....i like to follow the KISS principle.

i have it on my mogul and i havent did soft reset and still runing 22mb of ram with 48 apps installed on the stock rom

dbigdawg 05-29-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mromblad (Post 298489)
yes also look at the fact that you dont have wi-fi or a keyboard, and your device came out how long after the mogul ,yet it is still lacking.

and why is it that right after the touch came out, they are making the diamond? and better yet, the replacement for the mogul, which has been out longer then the touch still doesnt have an official date on it.

but yes, bask in your glory of more ram while we all sit over here content with the fact that the mogul is still a better device.

First, it is running on landscape and doing quite nicely. If you check page 126 of the xda thread you will find all you need to know about the latest configurations.

As for the device debate, it is all personal preference. I currently have an active Touch, Sprint Curve, Sprint Pearl, Palm Centro, LG Rumor, Motorola i335, Sierra s720, Sierra U720, Cradlepoint MBR1000 Router and Cradlepoint Portable Router. In addition to those devices, I have another 15 or so handsets in my car that I use as needed, including a pre-release Mogul.

I personally carry the touch as my primary device and use the others for customer presentations. The Touch is a more sleek device that has more memory. With TouchPalV3 configured to my tastes, I am able to handle all the e-mail and text life can throw at me. I have upgraded to the Seidio OEM size extended battery and applied every power saving hack there is. I will tell you there is not one time that I have picked up my Mogul since I got my Touch in Octboer. The keyboard and Wi-Fi are meaningless to me and the size of the Mogul is completely unappealing.

One better than the other, depends upon how you want to use it. As a person who can carry any device available, I choose the Touch. In reality, my favorite device is whichever one the customer wants to buy today.

ajones7279 05-29-2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mromblad (Post 298489)

Oooh, a better device? Since when? You made it seem like the CDMA Touch came out years after the Mogul. It was only a few months. The original, slower, GSM version came out in what, June 2007? Around the same time of the Mogul right? Now, whats the big deal about a keyboard? I had the Mogul before I got my Touch, and I didn't use the hardware keyboard often. I started using my soft keyboard more and more so I knew the transition wouldn't be hard, especially since the screen on the Touch is flush. And wifi? Whats so great about it? Besides WMWifiRouter, I don't see the big deal. I never used wifi when I had the Mogul so I knew I wouldn't miss it. And now that I have Rev A, I definitely don't miss it. And The Diamond? What does that have to do with this discussion? Its a new device. Jeez. So where is the Touch lacking? You're the one thats down to only 15mb remember? But yea, I'm done with that discussion. I don't wanna take this thread any more off topic than I already have. All love to my Mogul Brethren ;) And landscape does work btw, check that link I posted

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbigdawg (Post 298505)
First, it is running on landscape and doing quite nicely. If you check page 126 of the xda thread you will find all you need to know about the latest configurations.

As for the device debate, it is all personal preference. I currently have an active Touch, Sprint Curve, Sprint Pearl, Palm Centro, LG Rumor, Motorola i335, Sierra s720, Sierra U720, Cradlepoint MBR1000 Router and Cradlepoint Portable Router. In addition to those devices, I have another 15 or so handsets in my car that I use as needed, including a pre-release Mogul.

I personally carry the touch as my primary device and use the others for customer presentations. The Touch is a more sleek device that has more memory. With TouchPalV3 configured to my tastes, I am able to handle all the e-mail and text life can throw at me. I have upgraded to the Seidio OEM size extended battery and applied every power saving hack there is. I will tell you there is not one time that I have picked up my Mogul since I got my Touch in Octboer. The keyboard and Wi-Fi are meaningless to me and the size of the Mogul is completely unappealing.

One better than the other, depends upon how you want to use it. As a person who can carry any device available, I choose the Touch. In reality, my favorite device is whichever one the customer wants to buy today.

Yea I agree, its all a matter of personal preference. And my texts are always anywhere from 3000-6000 a month so typing isn't a problem at all.

JaredC01 05-29-2008 03:30 AM

Come on guys, lets not turn this into a flame war...

I tried out the new Diamond theme (about an hour after he posted it in fact), though I found it to be a tad on the bland side. There's really not enough color in it for my taste.

I ended up switching back to iPhone with Style II by azzambm... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=131

I may take a poke at swapping the backgrounds and seeing how I like it.