PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Seperation of SMS from MMS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27654)

spetrillo 05-26-2008 06:23 PM

Seperation of SMS from MMS

I have SMS-Chat installed for standard text messaging and I absolutely love the app. Its soo iPhone-like, and the scrolling is just what the doctor ordered.

What I would like to do is install Arcsoft, but only for MMS messaging and let SMS-Chat be the default test messaging app. Do I need to install Arcsoft SMS support in order for SMS-Chat to operate, or is that just a stupid assumption? Can I just install MMS support in Arcsoft?

Thanks,
Steve

wowthatisrandom 05-27-2008 09:48 AM

Re: Seperation of SMS from MMS

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 295844)
I have SMS-Chat installed for standard text messaging and I absolutely love the app. Its soo iPhone-like, and the scrolling is just what the doctor ordered.

What I would like to do is install Arcsoft, but only for MMS messaging and let SMS-Chat be the default test messaging app. Do I need to install Arcsoft SMS support in order for SMS-Chat to operate, or is that just a stupid assumption? Can I just install MMS support in Arcsoft?

Thanks,
Steve

arcsoft is just the mms messaging app shouldnt really affect sms ... i used to use palm threader and mms with no problem i assume you could do... you can always unistall ;)

spetrillo 05-27-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom (Post 296364)
arcsoft is just the mms messaging app shouldnt really affect sms ... i used to use palm threader and mms with no problem i assume you could do... you can always unistall ;)

So you just use the MMS portion of Arcsoft? Do you do a custom install to get this or do you default the palm threader to be your SMS app, even if Arcsoft SMS support is installed right?

wowthatisrandom 05-27-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 296385)
So you just use the MMS portion of Arcsoft? Do you do a custom install to get this or do you default the palm threader to be your SMS app, even if Arcsoft SMS support is installed right?

well i assume that SMS-Chat is its own app and there you set it to launch separately, arcsoft just adds another piece to teh standard messaging app... so if you open the standard messaging app you should now see an MMS option there...

no custom install

spetrillo 05-27-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom (Post 296390)
well i assume that SMS-Chat is its own app and there you set it to launch separately, arcsoft just adds another piece to teh standard messaging app... so if you open the standard messaging app you should now see an MMS option there...

no custom install

Ohhh didnt realize that. I thought that when you select Arcsoft in the kitchen you get both the SMS and MMS apps. So I could just not install Arcsoft and SMS-Chat would still work for std texting right?

I am going to test now.

Steve

wowthatisrandom 05-27-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 296418)
Ohhh didnt realize that. I thought that when you select Arcsoft in the kitchen you get both the SMS and MMS apps. So I could just not install Arcsoft and SMS-Chat would still work for std texting right?

I am going to test now.

Steve

well sms is always there its just a standard app... i assume the way SMS-Chat works is that it just takes over the control from the standard messaging app... arcsoft is the mms app...

let me know what happens

another question i have is what rom are ya using? why not upgrade to a wm6.1 rom with the new "chat" style sms anyways... install ftouchflo and boom you got the same thing

spetrillo 05-27-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom (Post 296435)
well sms is always there its just a standard app... i assume the way SMS-Chat works is that it just takes over the control from the standard messaging app... arcsoft is the mms app...

let me know what happens

another question i have is what rom are ya using? why not upgrade to a wm6.1 rom with the new "chat" style sms anyways... install ftouchflo and boom you got the same thing

I used the chat stype SMS and did not like it. I like the scrolling of SMS-Chat. As to Ftouchflo I have never ever been able to get it to work properly on my 6800.....it was dog slow!

wowthatisrandom 05-27-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 296455)
I used the chat stype SMS and did not like it. I like the scrolling of SMS-Chat. As to Ftouchflo I have never ever been able to get it to work properly on my 6800.....it was dog slow!

fair enough... as long as u tried... im happy...

did installing arcsoft mess up SMS Chat at all?

spetrillo 05-27-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom (Post 296464)
fair enough... as long as u tried... im happy...

did installing arcsoft mess up SMS Chat at all?

No it didnt but I would get notifications from both apps (very annoying) and SMS-Chat tried to handle MMS msgs as SMS msgs, which was not good. I am looking at the reg to see how to tell SMS-Chat to only handle SMS.

How did you get Ftouchflo to work properly on your 6800? I had all sorts of problems, and never got a chance to troubleshoot.

wowthatisrandom 05-27-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 296489)
No it didnt but I would get notifications from both apps (very annoying) and SMS-Chat tried to handle MMS msgs as SMS msgs, which was not good. I am looking at the reg to see how to tell SMS-Chat to only handle SMS.

How did you get Ftouchflo to work properly on your 6800? I had all sorts of problems, and never got a chance to troubleshoot.

the latest version worked flawless for me... i installed a ROM from the most recent 5067 kitchen and you just have to go into the ftouchflo config and tell it to enable at startup and you should be good to go..