PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   GPS stops working unless I reset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27506)

rfitzek 05-24-2008 05:56 PM

GPS stops working unless I reset

Had a weird issue on my Mogul where the GPS doesn't work unless I press the reset button on the bottom. It just seemed to start and I can't think of anything that was installed that might have caused it.

I'm running
Stock sprint rom 3.35
HTC plugin
nueMinutes
Checking emails every 30 minutes
Only non-stock thing I have installed is SprintTv

I thought at first maybe the sprinttv was doing it, but after a bit of testing that does not seem to be the case.

I use Googlemaps and Telenav and Navizon and have been using them since February with no issues. Only in the last 2 weeks has the GPS stopped working unless I press the reset button on the bottom.

Also, I have my GPS in hybrid mode, but that has been like that for some time with no issues.

Do any of the new Rom's have this problem or has anyone run into this before?

kraygh 05-24-2008 08:19 PM

Re: GPS stops working unless I reset

Mine is like that too although we share nothing in common as far as apps go.

I use TomTom flawlessly, but then after a few days without using GPS, I must soft reset to get a lock again.

Darkjedi 05-25-2008 04:53 PM

i find that if you don't close the GPS channel and you let your phone standby for too long, it tends to shut off and not give back data until you soft reset. I've not been able to find a way to force the GPS to return data without a soft reset unfortunately, setting the phone to flight mode, and using the hot/warm/cost resets in GPSViewer don't help at all either.

spetrillo 05-25-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 295017)
i find that if you don't close the GPS channel and you let your phone standby for too long, it tends to shut off and not give back data until you soft reset. I've not been able to find a way to force the GPS to return data without a soft reset unfortunately, setting the phone to flight mode, and using the hot/warm/cost resets in GPSViewer don't help at all either.

Have you tried GPSGate? While its not necessary for TomTom it might solve your problem coming out of standby.

Steve

datawrhsdoc 05-25-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spetrillo (Post 295037)
Have you tried GPSGate? While its not necessary for TomTom it might solve your problem coming out of standby.

Steve

I've got the same problem and GPSGate wont clear it either. It requires a reset to wake up the GPS.

-Doc

spetrillo 05-25-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawrhsdoc (Post 295179)
I've got the same problem and GPSGate wont clear it either. It requires a reset to wake up the GPS.

-Doc

Thats weird, as it works perfectly for me.