PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HTC Home Plugin + WM6.1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26968)

Manson2k 06-27-2008 10:41 AM

Re: HTC Home Plugin + WM6.1

Never mind. That was a TRULY dumb newbie question. Amazing what Google can do...

Manson2k 06-27-2008 10:51 AM

k, works for me.

gerktron01 06-27-2008 10:51 AM

i used the PC and dropped it in the device My Docs. then opend the .zip and the cab is in there.

Mule 06-27-2008 09:17 PM

Got it to work with latest rom

hard reset (first time didn't work) soft reset before customizations run
drop both cabs hhc 1.0 and htc plugin 2.1 on storage card
install hhc 1.0 to device, then install htc 2.1 to device - reboot

its running

Update: JUVS HTC 2.1 cab works but weather icon does not -- the n2a 2.1 cab does not work
I prefer my weather to work so uninstalled HTC home plugins

Mule

john80hotkey 06-29-2008 02:41 PM

im running the original stock leaked official rom 3.56 and homeplugin without any problems no freezing what so ever im using the 2.1 verison patched for custom weather

coreycubed 06-29-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mule (Post 329412)
Got it to work with latest rom

hard reset (first time didn't work) soft reset before customizations run
drop both cabs hhc 1.0 and htc plugin 2.1 on storage card
install hhc 1.0 to device, then install htc 2.1 to device - reboot

its running

Update: JUVS HTC 2.1 cab works but weather icon does not -- the n2a 2.1 cab does not work
I prefer my weather to work so uninstalled HTC home plugins

Mule

Having gone through the same steps (with more than a little trial and error) I can confirm. The 2.1 Plugin such as the one from Pocketemu, prepatched with the N2A DLL, causes the phone to freeze during startup (the Today screen is visible, but the screen and buttons do not work) and the only fix is to hard reset. I used the xplode 2.1 which works fine sans weather functionality due to the lack of N2A's DLL. I applied the Touch version of the DLL available from N2A's site after installing the xplode 2.1 Home Plugin, and the problem came back. So, it seems to be a problem with using N2A's DLL for the weather functionality. Will report back if I notice anything else...

Edit: This is happening on my Touch, which is why I mentioned the Touch DLL, but I'm sure it's the same problem as described above. The fix, once discovered, will likely fix both phones.

banzaiwolfe 06-30-2008 01:21 AM

I'm running 3.56 on my Mogul. I installed HTC Home Customizer 1.0 and let the program download HTC Home for me (which I would assume to be the patched N2A one). I didn't have any issues with the phone freezing because of it and it's been about 5 days since I installed the ROM.

johnrr6 06-30-2008 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe (Post 331579)
I'm running 3.56 on my Mogul. I installed HTC Home Customizer 1.0 and let the program download HTC Home for me (which I would assume to be the patched N2A one). I didn't have any issues with the phone freezing because of it and it's been about 5 days since I installed the ROM.

banzaiwolf has hit the nail on the head.....

I was having a couple of little difficulties with the new ROM-----and was using a JUVS 2.1 version of HTC Home.....

Mogul just wouldn't turn off-----and backlight slider would not adjust any backlight settings.

I uninstalled the JUVS version of HTC Home----restarted------then ran HTC Home Customizer----which asked if I wanted to download HTC Home....

I said yes----it downloaded and I installed it to my device (not the storage card).....

Both problems immediately went away and the new ROM seems to be working quite nicely.

I've even got Sprint TV working----although I don't have a clue what I'm paying for and what I am not paying for....

but that's for another thread.......

Thanks banzaiwolf----great tip!!!

funkybottoms 07-21-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NipTuck170 (Post 306935)
No problem dude. Here it is.

So I downloaded that HTC Home plug in, everything works fine thanks, BUT! when I go to the weather button, i get an error

Resident 07-22-2008 01:55 AM

i just got the official rom from htc website.the htc home just froze my phone.every time i reset it.it stays frozen.any ideas:??