PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Pro Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jgirvine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stylus falling out

all of a sudden my stylus just falls out of my mogul.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Re: Stylus falling out

Open the back, and where the stylus goes in there should be a small hole with a rubber plug, if the rubber piece is gone you will just have to use tape...

Just take a single 1"-1.25" long piece of scotch tape and cut it down the center so its half as wide, then wrap that around the base of the pen 1/4" above the black tip, that should fix it... as for getting another rubber plug, i never looked...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Or, take out the battery, and there's a little part on the inside wall that gets worn out. (you cant miss it) Fold up a tiny piece of paper and have it wedged between that piece and the battery when you put it back in. That'll definately make the stylus stay in. It tightens up the stylus slot. dschoenike

Old 05-17-2008, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

Easiest fix I have is to bend the shaft of the stylus slightly to create tension against the side wall of the stylus port.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i really think folding up the paper and just putting it between the the battery and and that little part that flexes along the inner-wall, works very well. Just my opinion
Old 05-17-2008, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MOT ic902 temoporarily, but Mogul Permanantly

TrueArsenic is a n00b

lol just what i needed! I was just gonna post something about this exact thing.. Thanks to all you guys.. huge help!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

scottmail is becoming a great contributor

I have been using the tape idea in post #2 for months. Works great and even gives you a little grip on the tip.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: P4000 (AKA HTC Titan)
Carrier: Telus

jjlwork is just getting started

I had the same problem and I just returned it under warranty, it is a manufacturers defect after all.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS

jfolliard is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Open the back, and where the stylus goes in there should be a small hole with a rubber plug, if the rubber piece is gone you will just have to use tape...

Just take a single 1"-1.25" long piece of scotch tape and cut it down the center so its half as wide, then wrap that around the base of the pen 1/4" above the black tip, that should fix it... as for getting another rubber plug, i never looked...
sorry but I don't see where the rubber plug is suppose to be. Is it above the lapel, near the top left hand corner of the battery slot? Can you describe it's precise location a little more?

thanks.

Jack
Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

mestup is a n00b

ive had the problem where my stylus doesnt extend when i pull it out... and i can see that the rubber plug is not in right.. how exactly do i open up the phone to fix it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan