PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   CleaR the ESN OFF of my Mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26125)

caja65 05-09-2008 02:22 PM

CleaR the ESN OFF of my Mogul

Ok I Have A Slightly Used Mogul I want to sell it..but i was told that i need to clean the ESN off of my phone befor i do so. I DONT KNO HOW TO DO THAT ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APREACIATED....ALSO IM GOING TO REPORT THE PHONE LOST IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD KNO SO THAT I WOUNT GET INTO ANY TROUBLE WITH SPRINT OR THE INSHURANCE COMPANY AFTER SELLING THE PHONE ? ANYTHING WILL BE APRECIATED....THANKS IN ADVANCE :headbang:

Success100 05-09-2008 02:25 PM

Re: CleaR the ESN OFF of my Mogul

Quote:

Originally Posted by caja65 (Post 277177)
Ok I Have A Slightly Used Mogul I want to sell it..but i was told that i need to clean the ESN off of my phone befor i do so. I DONT KNO HOW TO DO THAT ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APREACIATED....ALSO IM GOING TO REPORT THE PHONE LOST IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD KNO SO THAT I WOUNT GET INTO ANY TROUBLE WITH SPRINT OR THE INSHURANCE COMPANY AFTER SELLING THE PHONE ? ANYTHING WILL BE APRECIATED....THANKS IN ADVANCE :headbang:

clearing the ESN means calling sprint and having it released from your account.

If you report it lost, number one, the person receiving the phone from you will not be able to activate it ,secondly if you file an insurance claim on this "lost" phone, and sprint finds out that you really didnt lose it, that could get you into some trouble with sprint, and ultimately they CAN AND WILL bill you for the retail cost of the replacement they send you.

wILLk0r3 818 05-09-2008 02:25 PM

If you report the device as "lost" you will not be able to have a clean ESN and the phone won't ever be able to be activated on any network. (Success beat me to the answer, he's totally on-point)

thesmacker11 05-09-2008 02:52 PM

If you report it as lost and they find out it isn't lost or stolen it is a fraudulent claim and they could take legal action.

caja65 05-09-2008 03:03 PM

Ok Thanks Alot Guys.......so I Guess There Is No Way 4 Me To Go Around And Sell This Phone....what If I Send It Out The Country Would I Still Face Any Problems?

Success100 05-09-2008 03:10 PM

dude, youre premise just doesnt make sense. Why are you going to report it lost or stolen? just call sprint and tell them that you want to remove the phone from your account. Or either let them know you will be selling the phone so that someone else can activate it.

If its slightly used, why not just sell it? maybe your not telling us everything.

Also, no the phone will not make or receive calls overseas. it is not a world phone

caja65 05-09-2008 03:27 PM

Ok The Thing Is I Want 2 Make A Bit Of Money....and I Still Wanna End Up Wit A New Mogul

Geekcop 05-09-2008 03:53 PM

I'm kind of curious as to why you're so desperate to dump this phone if it's only slightly used. I particularly agree w/ Success and thesmacker. If you want to get rid of it, just sell it. Filing a false insurance claim will get you in more hot water than it's worth.

Success100 05-09-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caja65 (Post 277294)
Ok The Thing Is I Want 2 Make A Bit Of Money....and I Still Wanna End Up Wit A New Mogul

thats swimming in shark infested waters my friend...take my word its not worth it cuz if the person you sell it to calls sprint and says "so and so sold me this phone" and then they run the esn and find out you reported it lost, then youre screwed by sprint, and will also have someone wanting to kickk your azz for sellin them a phone that cant be activated

isangmahal 05-09-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caja65 (Post 277294)

Can't get something for nothing OP... I'd be careful if I were you with where you are going.