PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ignoring Texts/Calls? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24813)

thesmacker11 04-24-2008 02:09 AM

Ignoring Texts/Calls?

I tried searching but I forgot and couldn't find the name of the programs that can ignore texts/calls from specific senders and at specific times. Can someone please remind me of the names of the free/paid programs? Thank you.

Lsme420 04-24-2008 02:20 AM

Re: Ignoring Texts/Calls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesmacker11 (Post 258598)
I tried searching but I forgot and couldn't find the name of the programs that can ignore texts/calls from specific senders and at specific times. Can someone please remind me of the names of the free/paid programs? Thank you.

Maybe your looking for Magicall. I use it and it works well.

Magicall is a smart, rule based filter software for SMS filtering and dual-way calls filtering.
It gives you the ability to block unwanted callers with SMS replies. It can also add prefixes automatically in front of the original called numbers or hang them up depending on your settings. In addition, you can take control of incoming SMS and more.................

smassele 04-25-2008 02:38 AM

CallFireWall

tom.etc 04-25-2008 03:20 AM

i think there is an app called iSecretary with all sorts of neat options, but i haven't dug into it. Magicall does the job so well that i haven't bothered with it.

Lsme420 04-25-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smassele (Post 259806)
CallFireWall

I never could get CallFirewall to work. You've had luck with it?
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom.etc (Post 259854)
i think there is an app called iSecretary with all sorts of neat options, but i haven't dug into it. Magicall does the job so well that i haven't bothered with it.

Ya I only use Magicall too. It works all the time every time so no need to look for other software.

InvincibleLiving 04-25-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsme420 (Post 260118)
I never could get CallFirewall to work. You've had luck with it?

i had problems w/ callfirewall when i first tried it as well. would always get an error message about the xml file it uses to hold user settings... but when i tried the latest update v4 i think, it's been working PERFECTLY since then.

Lsme420 04-25-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 260124)
i had problems w/ callfirewall when i first tried it as well. would always get an error message about the xml file it uses to hold user settings... but when i tried the latest update v4 i think, it's been working PERFECTLY since then.

I might just have to check out the update.

InvincibleLiving 04-25-2008 11:27 AM

yeah besides that initial issue, it's a neat lil app, i love that it blocks numbers and even number patterns if you want to block telemarketers that call from trunk lines that have multiple extensions for each number. now all i do is block and number that starts with "(xxx)-245-" and it will block anything coming from that subset of numbers!

fastevolutionviii 04-25-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsme420 (Post 258600)
Maybe your looking for Magicall. I use it and it works well.

Magicall is a smart, rule based filter software for SMS filtering and dual-way calls filtering.
It gives you the ability to block unwanted callers with SMS replies. It can also add prefixes automatically in front of the original called numbers or hang them up depending on your settings. In addition, you can take control of incoming SMS and more.................

Thanks Lsme420 until I can say http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...ost_thanks.gif for real.

Nickles 04-25-2008 02:19 PM

also try SPB Phone Suite.. does all these things quite nicely as well.
LINK