PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 10:17 AM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Mogul youtube/myspace video codec?

This worked!! Finally!!!YES!!!! Thank you!!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: us cellular

csmithct is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Im only extracting 1 file out of this zip file. What am i do n wrong. If you respond please kind with your words and dont assume that I should no what to do just because i have a smartphone ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for any reply with instrustion.......I downloaded to my device by draging and droping it to my phone via "My Computer" (ActiveSync)....Help, I want to watch some videos guys and gails. I've had this phone for one weeks and have made some minor upgrades like my today screen but thats all ive been able to do with ease. I dont no the first thing about a registry on the HTC6800. I want to get a flick scroll program for contacts,email, etc. Also, iphone interface or icube or iiiiiiisomething. I'm bot to go crazy. I thought it would be easy to transfer programs and upgrade but laaawwdd have meerccy.
Somebody please get a brotha started.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Make sure you are going to the real version of the site, not the mobile version. There should be a link at the bottom of the mobile version page to switch it to desktop version.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work
Question Re: Mogul youtube/myspace video codec?

what's wrong with just using Vtap? It pulls in all the you tube video.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

HTC Streaming Media also works for playing videos off of m.youtube.com and i think it works for the non mobile youtube website also... VTap videos are choppy and dont come in clear i wouldn't recommend it to my enemy lol ne wayz, also with PIE i go to ytpocket.com and IMHO is the best youtube site for the phone the video quality is excellent and it uses TCPMP to open but you might need to download a .flv plugin for it
Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmithct View Post
Im only extracting 1 file out of this zip file. What am i do n wrong. If you respond please kind with your words and dont assume that I should no what to do just because i have a smartphone ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for any reply with instrustion.......I downloaded to my device by draging and droping it to my phone via "My Computer" (ActiveSync)....Help, I want to watch some videos guys and gails. I've had this phone for one weeks and have made some minor upgrades like my today screen but thats all ive been able to do with ease. I dont no the first thing about a registry on the HTC6800. I want to get a flick scroll program for contacts,email, etc. Also, iphone interface or icube or iiiiiiisomething. I'm bot to go crazy. I thought it would be easy to transfer programs and upgrade but laaawwdd have meerccy.
Somebody please get a brotha started.
you should be gettin 3 files out of the zip i attached... try using pocket rar found here http://www.bestsoftware4download.com...-ujwaliqb.html and then download the zip directly to your device and open it with pocketrar... then just follow the directions from my post.

As for your iphone contacts, try www.pocketcm.com there are finger friendly contacts, calendar and image viewer there... installation and customization instructions are there as well.

Lemme know if that works for ya.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

dudeman is a n00b

thanks! it worked like a charm!! and it's nice too!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
what's wrong with just using Vtap? It pulls in all the you tube video.
No it doesn't, at least last time I tried it.

Vtap recompresses the video, and its quality was gawd awful compared to the original flv hosted on youtube.

I think that whoever designed the application tried to make it more friendly on slower cpu devices with limited bandwidth. There's no reason you can't play a full fledged youtube flash file on a mogul with evdo.

Installing the flash video bundle mentioned earlier here is all you need to make it work. It sits on top of internet explorer and recognizes links to videos, and asks if you want to play, save, or email the video to someone else.
Best part is, it works with all the major streaming media sites: Youtube, Veoh, Google Video, MegaVideo, tvlinks, etc...

oh, AND since it is integrated into internet explorer, it will work if someone sends you a link to a video as well! No filtering or special application needed to find and launch video.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

htc_mogul_PPC is a n00b

syanni85 Thanks for posting those files. I wasn't able to get my mogul to play anything from you tube prior to following your instructions.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser

its in beta and by skyfire plays all online video natively

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan