PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Hard-Reset and Lose Sprint Navigation Access (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24553)

Synned 04-21-2008 02:16 PM

Hard-Reset and Lose Sprint Navigation Access

Hey guys
About a week ago I hard reset my phone. Ever since then Sprint Navigation asks me if I want to purchase it for the day or for a month. I had the new ROM for a month and used Sprint Navi for a while with it with no prompts like this, it just went right through. My plan includes navigation, so what happened?

cykococo 04-21-2008 02:19 PM

Re: Hard-Reset and Lose Sprint Navigation Access

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synned (Post 255737)
Hey guys
About a week ago I hard reset my phone. Ever since then Sprint Navigation asks me if I want to purchase it for the day or for a month. I had the new ROM for a month and used Sprint Navi for a while with it with no prompts like this, it just went right through. My plan includes navigation, so what happened?

You might have lost the internal passcodes dealing with Sprint Nav. Call sprint and they can set it up OTA (over the air)

Success100 04-21-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cykococo (Post 255741)
You might have lost the internal passcodes dealing with Sprint Nav. Call sprint and they can set it up OTA (over the air)

EXACTLY. Im guessing that when you set it up last time, your phone(sprint navigation in particular) created a unique "key" that it used for authentication, and when you hard reset, it probably either reset it or created another on.

Like he said, a simple(lol yeah right dealing with sprint) should resolve this for you

wavezero 04-24-2008 02:48 PM

I was on the basic UL data plan (where it asked you to pay per use after account verification), then I was moved to the Ultimate plan (where it went straight to the program- nav included). I was then suposedly moved back to the original plan about two weeks ago. But I can still use the nav with no fee, it goes through the account verification process and lets me in no problems. I am on the new rom and skipped the customizations (second time around)- maybe it's not automically provisioning? I want to keep the nav (especially with all sprint has put me through)- is there any way to find what the "authentication key" is now, so after I do a hard reset, I can retain my nav?

Synned 04-24-2008 02:58 PM

Meanwhile, I called Sprint and after a little confusion the fixed it over the air.
I then hard-reset again, yesterday, and the Sprint Navi still works, so I don't know why I lost it the 2nd time.
Maybe after 2 HR it clears it?