PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Biasness! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24181)

jah_rankin 04-15-2008 09:17 PM

Biasness!

I may get banned again after posting here, but it appears to me that the junior members are being discriminated against. I got banned for a 2 week period for simple defending the rights to ask or post questions without the need of rude critics from some members here. through out the ordeal I got involved in a flame war between a senior member and was chastized by 2 or 3 different senior members, with out any 1 offering any riduculed to the senior member that show's a history of rudeness & arrogance to other members, on top of that I got banned and the other flamer did'nt get any penalty for his words or actions at all. I was able to access the site during my period of suspension from the local library and notice the other member involved in the flame war against myself was still actively able to post at his free will. :sad:

patrick.pilcher 04-15-2008 09:24 PM

Re: Biasness!

Well its in the past, and perhaps if we all treated each other with the same respect we'd give if we were face to face then this sort of thing wouldnt happen... a quick bit of friendly advice, drop it and move on, life's too short

bedoig 04-15-2008 09:27 PM

Welcome to the internet :)

I understand the feeling. Sometimes it does seem a little unfair, but you just have to shrug it off. Remember that the mods are trying to monitor the whole site, so sometimes they may not know, or care, about the whole situation.

It is easy to come across as hostile and/or insulting when that is not your true intention. Without knowing the specifics, I'm sure that applies to your posts as well as those of the other party and the mods.

Also remember that being a senior member means absolutely nothing. Some people are senior members in their first week, some don't become senior members in their first year. Some people are a-holes. Life goes on.

Don't let a few, possibly, bad apples ruin the site for you. There really are a lot of helpful people here. Just ignore the rest :)

gotvitamink 04-15-2008 09:30 PM

did you make two threads on this? lol

jah_rankin 04-16-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotvitamink (Post 251096)
did you make two threads on this? lol

I'ved moved on already, seems unfair, nontheless. I did make 2 threads, sorry 4 that as well.

rainfreak 04-16-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jah_rankin (Post 251806)
I'ved moved on already, seems unfair, nontheless. I did make 2 threads, sorry 4 that as well.

Maybe he made two threads to get his post count up so that he could be a senior member, too!

J/K... remember that life isn't fair. If it was, I'd be in prison or dead by now. And that would suck (at least for me). Just suck it up and forget about it.

Pibe38 04-16-2008 02:47 PM

As said before, if you have an issue send a private message to an admin or moderator.

No need for 2 threads either.