PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   US Cellular HTC Titan/6800 Original Settings USCC (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23948)

cnr0616 04-13-2008 12:42 AM

US Cellular HTC Titan/6800 Original Settings USCC

duhtroll 04-13-2008 03:22 PM

Re: US Cellular HTC Titan/6800 Original Settings USCC

Glad someone started working on the USCC phones. Were you able to make the GPS work?

Thanks for this.

mykleh35 04-14-2008 10:21 AM

Great work thanks for the post! Please keep us updated to your progress! I'm to chicken to start it on my USCC :headbang:until several others have paved the way for us less knowledgeable people!

beerguy 04-14-2008 07:32 PM

Hey I made the same mistake too. However, I know my Home SID # was in the 300's before, although I don't specifically remember what. I tried the number u gave, and took a few stabs at what I thought mine was. I don't think any of them are correct for me, because my phone is still roaming. Also, I have a feeling that my US Cellular phone is still configured as a Sprint phone, and I don't think there are currently any Roms (old of new) for US Cellular phones online. Please let me know of any suggestions because I am new to all this. Thanks.

puff 04-14-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnr0616 (Post 248443)
DO NOT allow it to customize.

that's correct, DO NOT allow it to customize unless you are a Sprint user

beerguy 04-14-2008 10:39 PM

Yes I realize I made that mistake. Cuz Im a noob. But I did get all the settings set back to what it was, and I got a new rom put on with the newest kitchen. However, it still says its roaming and now for some reason the data plan (dialing #777 to connect to the internet) doesn't work. Ill probably have to call US Cellular to figure out why that doesnt work and Im just hoping that if I just ignore the roaming triangle that it wont actually cause any problems, just annoying.

qquag 04-14-2008 10:54 PM

Yes gps works great!

puff 04-14-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy (Post 250076)
Yes I realize I made that mistake. Cuz Im a noob. But I did get all the settings set back to what it was, and I got a new rom put on with the newest kitchen. However, it still says its roaming and now for some reason the data plan (dialing #777 to connect to the internet) doesn't work. Ill probably have to call US Cellular to figure out why that doesnt work and Im just hoping that if I just ignore the roaming triangle that it wont actually cause any problems, just annoying.

Sounds like you may need to flash back to an official carrier ROM

beerguy 04-15-2008 12:13 AM

Thats what Im wanting to do. But are there any out there for US Cellular?!? Otherwise, should I just try like an Alltel ROM?

tiermann 04-15-2008 02:36 AM

http://www.mountainwireless.com/sid/sid1.shtml

SID is location based. Probably why you're roaming.

Double check all your other EPST settings against what the opening poster has.
PRL version is one that might be giving you problems too.

After that, try a *228.

That mountainwireless page was ugly so i made it a little easier to search for a SID. Not the greatest, but better than nothing. I wrote a quick vb app to parse the original list. 0-9999 listed. I had it searching by state, but there's too many without a state listed in the original.
http://ppckitchen.org/sid.html

beerguy 04-15-2008 03:50 PM

Finally fixed and loving it! No more roaming, and my data plan is up and working again. I had to setup a different PRL, and find my specific SID #. Both were actually simple once I knew where to look, but that took a long time to figure out. Very glad to be running now without any problems that I know of at least!

mykleh35 04-16-2008 08:52 AM

beerguy you used kitchen 5060? I'm just reading up on this before I start my USCC change and want to make sure I go down the right directions with the right downloads to make it as good a chance of sucess as possible... thanks one and all!!

duhtroll 04-16-2008 09:14 AM

Also, all you USCC guys/gals please make sure to bug your local stores and the customer service line and ask them (repeatedly) to release an OFFICIAL ROM update that allows the GPS activation.

I am doing this at least once per week, including when they called me for their "customer satisfaction survey."

Once someone feels so inclined, I'm still willing to trade a case of your favorite beverage for detailed instructions on which ROM to use and how to load it. I won't have enough time to mess with it until at least June.

Thanks

mykleh35 04-16-2008 03:51 PM

also if anyone has found the stock 2.17 ROM for USCC please let us know where its hiding! I have an e-mail into both HTC and USCC to see if they will cough one up.

piratemedc 06-08-2008 04:48 PM

I flashed my 6800 with a ROM with the GPS enabled. Used the kitchen to make a USCC ROM. I got everything working well. Although my data connection tells me the username and password are incorrect. I have done the suggested changes and have still not been able to get my data connection to work.

Any suggestions?

cttphenom 10-11-2008 02:21 PM

I am having the same problem as piratemedc.

Anyone know what to do?

puff 10-11-2008 05:46 PM

I'd double-check all the settings found here
Lookin @ the screenshots, it shows active user profile is set to 0 :scratch:

So make sure you are changing the values on the 'default' m.ip profile ;-)

With Sprint, the M.IP Profile 1 is used for data authentication, not M.IP Profile 0 (also known as default) - perhaps you could try changing the active profile to 1 and then making all the changes for M.IP Profile 0 to M.IP Profile 1? unno... i'm not 100% sure when it comes to USCC devices. Anyway, if you figure it out please post back...

santod 11-12-2008 04:49 AM

I am getting a U.S. Cellular Mogul this week and was wondering which Radio and Rom are suggested to try for my first flash? Should I use a kitchen so that I can load a carrier cab into my flash? Will it work if I don't? I have other questions, but don't want to post too many at once. I have already posted a bunch of questions in another thread on here as well. I just don't wanna brick my new phone when I get it. I don't see a lot of USCC customers who have had an easy time of flashing without having to reset a lot of settings in the phone afterwards just to recieve data or make a call. I would like to avoid as much of that as possible. Thanks for any USCC specific info. Of course I know nothing is perfect or guaranteed, but I know some have found what seems to work better then previous attempts. Or what rom might be already cooked, is clean and contains U.S. Cellular carrier cab already?? Any help is much appreciated!

BROB 11-21-2008 01:26 AM

Can someone tell me what the EPST code is? 000000 won't work

Help Please!

Ginmill 04-11-2009 11:51 PM

its ##778# and the password is 000000

kthiemann78 06-29-2009 08:12 PM

The man who sold me my mogul was really into this stuff and he sent me a disk with lots of things on it. One of them was the stock rom folder that included:
usctitanextrom.bin
usctitanos.bin
usctitanxip1.bin
usctitanxip2.bin

I tride to unbind the bin files with magic iso and usctitanextrom.bin was viable but none of the others. I put Qwest upgrade on and let it customize my us cell phone. I should have read a little more before I lept off the edge. I don't know if any of this helps, but let me know.

dondyablo 08-17-2009 08:44 PM

I HAVE USCC HTC TOUCH PRO. BUT I HAD TO WORK ON MY FRIENDS HTC PPC 6800. ALL THE SETTINGS WERE RIGHT. AND STILL DIDNT HAVE DATA CONNECTION. SO AFTER 10 HOURS I FOUND OUT THE SOLUTION FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT THE DATA CONNECTION IS NOT WORKING EVEN WHEN ALL PASSWORDS AND USER NAMES AND SETTINGS ARE CORRECT. THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN U INSTALL THE SPRINT ROM IT ERASES A REGISTRY KEY FROM THE PHONE
THIS KEY IS THE ONE THAT HAS THE IP ADDRESS AND DNS AND ALL THIS INFORMATION FOR THE PHONE TO SUCCESSSFULLY CONNECT TO THE US CELLULAR NETWORK

INSTALL A REGISTRY EDIT PROGRAM AND GO HERE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE (Cellular Line) key is not missing.

hkey-local-machine/comm/Cellular Line

if theres no (Cellular Line) key.. then u need to create it manually.. HERE IS THE STEPS TO CREATE IT MANUALLY

1 you need to create a key called (Cellular Line) in the following directory hkey-local-machine/comm/RIGHT HERE

2 Open Cellular Line, and INSIDE of Cellular Line key CREATE another key called (Parms) make sure to TYPE it just like that as if it is case sensitive

3 Open Parms, and INSIDE of Parms key create another key called (TcpIp) dont worry about the default value appearing. its normal. dont mess with it

4. open TcpIp key and INSIDE of THIS KEY YOU NEED TO CREATE 7 DIFFERENT VALUES. 1st value you going to Name it (DefaultGateway) type (Multi String) Value (166.224.83.34) click done or ok

5 Next value you gonna name it (DNS) type (Multi String) Value (166.181.127.17(Push Enter Once)166.181.191.17) click done or ok

6 next value you gonna name it (DontAddDefaultGateway) type (Dword) value ( 0 ) click done or ok

7 next value you gonna name it (EnableDHCP) type (Dword) value ( 0 ) click done or ok

8 next value you gonna name it (IpAddress) type (Multi String) value (166.224.83.34) click done or ok

9 next value you gonna name it (Subnetmask) type (Multi String) value (255.255.0.0)

10 and the LAST value you gonna create you gonna name it (UseZeroBroadcast) type (Dword) value (0) click ok or done.... close everything out. restart your phone and try connecting again with Cellular Line

Connection or Create a New Connection from Manage Existing Connections on Connections under connections tab....

HOPE this HELPS as It HELPED me TO SUCCESSFULLY GET MY DATA CONNECTION WORKING. IT SHOULD TAKE U LESS THAN 30 MIN. BUT IT TOOK ME ABOUT 12-14 HOURS TO FIGURE ALL THIS OUT AS I DONT KNOW

MUCH ABOUT THIS....

CozBoogie 09-11-2009 05:11 PM

Moved to the general Titan Forum.

late,
Coz