PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Change/reset refurbished status/life timer? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23906)

freeza 04-12-2008 04:30 PM

Change/reset refurbished status/life timer?

Somehow my phone went from No to Yes in ##786# (I got the phone brand new and have flashed many roms, checked the status of 786 prior to now and it was set to "No")

Mogul hackers, ROM CHEFS, N2C, CoKeMaN, all who have experience in the Mogul... Is there a tool, utility, or way to change the refurbished status back to No? Or even switch between Yes and No. Also, is there a way to completely reset the lifetimer back to 0?

Thanks!

clockcycle 04-23-2008 12:45 PM

Re: Change/reset refurbished status/life timer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 248141)
Somehow my phone went from No to Yes in ##786# (I got the phone brand new and have flashed many roms, checked the status of 786 prior to now and it was set to "No")

Mogul hackers, ROM CHEFS, N2C, CoKeMaN, all who have experience in the Mogul... Is there a tool, utility, or way to change the refurbished status back to No? Or even switch between Yes and No. Also, is there a way to completely reset the lifetimer back to 0?

Thanks!

BUMP..

I'd like to know this as well, it used to happen with my PPC-6700s Activation, Warranty date would change. Personally I'd just like to rest the caller timers back to 0 on a refurb, to know how long after I received it I have actually used it.

Also how do I reset the odometers on my cars too? :mrgreen: J/K on this..

Exil3d 04-23-2008 01:05 PM

I hope there is no tool to do this, last thing i need is buying a phone 0n ebay supposedly "new" only to find out it was used but just rested.

clockcycle 04-23-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 257765)
I hope there is no tool to do this, last thing i need is buying a phone 0n ebay supposedly "new" only to find out it was used but just rested.

Just FYI, this can and has been done, often.. But it's usually intended for manufacturers, refurbisher, and those authorized.

-CC

Cumulus 04-23-2008 10:20 PM

it did this on mine, after I went back to the very first original ROM, and upgraded one by one by one by one, one ROM at a time, in order to get to the 3.35 ROM (nothing else worked, believe it or not... it just simply would not upgrade.) So in the process of all that, my call times and everything were reset in ePST.

mixxy 11-16-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cumulus (Post 258393)
it did this on mine, after I went back to the very first original ROM, and upgraded one by one by one by one, one ROM at a time, in order to get to the 3.35 ROM (nothing else worked, believe it or not... it just simply would not upgrade.) So in the process of all that, my call times and everything were reset in ePST.

so can it be done? is it possible to get in and edit it?

weedahoe 11-16-2008 02:38 PM

My understanding is ROM flashing/changing didnt affect EPST