PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Warranty vs. Insurance (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22754)

Simpdapimp 03-30-2008 11:17 AM

Warranty vs. Insurance

Yesterday i was trying to get my phone to "wake up" and when i pressed the power button it went in and is now stuck like half way down and its kind of off to the side where i cant get it. The phone is still under 1 year old, is this something that will be covered by the warranty, or will it be an insurance issue. Thanks for any advice, i know some people here have experienced similar problems and just wanted to see how you handled it.

gentner8 03-30-2008 11:19 AM

Re: Warranty vs. Insurance

They will probably cover it under warranty. Try it first and then if it doesnt work, call the ins. company.

ETphoneHOME 03-30-2008 11:29 AM

Great idea. Maybe HTC can cover my phone for my wifi issues? I think I read somewhere on xda that someone was going through some warranty/ins issues and he got the run around between Sprint and HTC.

aorick 04-03-2008 01:30 PM

The same thing happened to my PPC 6800. I did a warranty replacement and they sent it back to me saying it was damaged. I called them and told them there was no way that it was damaged. They told me to send it back in and they would take another look at it. I haven't heard back from them so they must be covering it. I was wondering how many people this has happened to. I know there is no way mine was damaged. I never dropped it and it had never been out of my sight.

dearls 04-03-2008 01:47 PM

All they are gonna do is **** you with it anyway so just use the ins as follows... turn phone off, call them and say its gone! lost forever in the lake! whatever... then get a new replacement sent to you and just use the old one if you can as a toy for trying new software. just my thought after being screwed over by all these companies

Racincason 04-03-2008 02:30 PM

i work for sprint. It sounds like you have an advanced exchange issue. if you go into a sprint store tell them what's going on they will get u a new one orderd if you go to sprint corp. store they will exchange it in the store. because it's considered normal wear and tear.

RACINcason

Sprint Emp Plan 25$ a month unl. everything + 25$ in free downloads ;)

Racincason 04-03-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearls (Post 239497)
All they are gonna do is **** you with it anyway so just use the ins as follows... turn phone off, call them and say its gone! lost forever in the lake! whatever... then get a new replacement sent to you and just use the old one if you can as a toy for trying new software. just my thought after being screwed over by all these companies

lol insurance fraud isbad lol

neodorian 04-03-2008 02:51 PM

I might be an idiot but I have never purchased an insurance plan for a phone. It's never mattered yet and with my Treo I ended up voiding the warranty because it was easier to fix a keyboard hardware issue than get the thing fixed. I've just never needed a warranty and I figure if I get stuck buying a new device someday because I didn't have insurance, I will be able to afford it with all the money I saved on premiums ;)

chappy 04-03-2008 02:55 PM

If you have ESRP, just take it to a store. You don't have to use insurance for everything, only if it's lost, stolen, or liquid damaged.

ETphoneHOME 04-04-2008 10:58 PM

Sprint is ordering me another Mogul. I went in and complained about my wifi issues and they put in an order for a "New" mogul. It was free since I have the insurance and the phone wasn't in a damaged condition. If the phone was in damaged condition then it would have cost me $50.