PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   hmmm... all da fam's insight helped me out... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22367)

lysolflow 03-25-2008 11:24 PM

hmmm... all da fam's insight helped me out...

aight yall i'm gonna update yall on ma status...

as some of you know, i got ma phone stolen from the gym... thanks to da fam i call ppcgeeks, i called up sprint and activated this family locator app...

it was a bit confusin, and about an hour on the phone wit a very helpful sprint rep, but i got it on there... and what's more cool, is that i know the exact location of ma phone...

the only problem is the location... its in a hotel about 5 and a half minutes away... i'm not really sure which floor its on, but i know its on the far side of the hotel... i was seriously considering knockin on each floor on that side of the hotel and seein if i recognize somebody who was in the gym that night...

so... tomorrow, everyone is coming back to the gym tomorrow, so i'll let you fellas know what happens... if he's dumb enough to bring ma shyt back to da gym, pleez buhleeve ama hull dis nicca ...

thanks for da help...

Nickles 03-26-2008 01:40 AM

Re: hmmm... all da fam's insight helped me out...

awesome news.. this may play out nicely. just be careful.. why do you suppose it's at a hotel. why would someone from your gym be at a hotel. unless he's already sold it to someone traveling through..
looking forward to hearing an update! sweet news on being able to get that locator app up and running too.

Loman 03-26-2008 02:21 AM

Never thought of using family locator that way. Hope you get the phone back. Do you have insurance? I lost my phone two weeks ago and luckily had insurance. $50 and two days later got a brand new (not refurbished) Touch with all accessories.

rainfreak 03-26-2008 09:01 AM

Glad to hear it worked. Keep checking the family locater site and see if the fool moves around at all. Maybe there was a party at the hotel when you were checking, who knows. You might just catch this fool at a house, or coffeee shop, or some place else where you can catch him. I might even go to practice late today and stop by the library at school and check the web site... see if your phone has moved... maybe even to the school.

If it was at the gym you could tell your coach that your phone got stolen and you know for a fact it is in the gym... tell him/her how you know... and he/she could search the players belongings and maybe find it for you. That is if that fool is stupid enough to bring it to the gym again...

Demarcuswalton 03-26-2008 09:36 AM

That's right keep checking the website before the battery dies out. I can't believe they're charging the phone. There is also a mobile website, http://www.sfl.sprint.com/mobile

nxtech3 03-26-2008 09:46 AM

good luck on getting your ppc back, i know its like losing a limb lol

lysolflow 03-26-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 230521)
Glad to hear it worked. Keep checking the family locater site and see if the fool moves around at all. Maybe there was a party at the hotel when you were checking, who knows. You might just catch this fool at a house, or coffeee shop, or some place else where you can catch him. I might even go to practice late today and stop by the library at school and check the web site... see if your phone has moved... maybe even to the school.

If it was at the gym you could tell your coach that your phone got stolen and you know for a fact it is in the gym... tell him/her how you know... and he/she could search the players belongings and maybe find it for you. That is if that fool is stupid enough to bring it to the gym again...

we hoopin again tonight, so i hope da fool comes back to da gym... or if i go to the hotel, and recognize someone, i'm gonna get real ignorant... i got insurance, but i jus dont wanna have to go thru the whole process of buildin my mogul back to the way i loved it...

i was so frustrated when i first got the phone in september... but after three months, some searchin on ppcgeeks, and an updated ROM, i finally got the phone that i want...

and some a**head comes thru and takes it?... Nope, nope... i aint havin it... i'm goin out wit a fight... but if i dont get it back, i will be makin da call to insurance...

Success100 03-26-2008 11:11 AM

good luck, dont do nothing i wouldnt do...lol

cuz id split his wig!

debitodd 03-26-2008 11:25 AM

i have to admit this is very intriguing please keep us informed

NinjaMom 03-26-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lysolflow (Post 230650)
we hoopin again tonight, so i hope da fool comes back to da gym... or if i go to the hotel, and recognize someone, i'm gonna get real ignorant... i got insurance, but i jus dont wanna have to go thru the whole process of buildin my mogul back to the way i loved it...

i was so frustrated when i first got the phone in september... but after three months, some searchin on ppcgeeks, and an updated ROM, i finally got the phone that i want...

and some a**head comes thru and takes it?... Nope, nope... i aint havin it... i'm goin out wit a fight... but if i dont get it back, i will be makin da call to insurance...

You are rightfully frustrated in this situation and I hope you get your phone back soon from the fool that took it...But you gotta watch the profanity on the site please. Thanks.

ptesmoke 03-26-2008 04:19 PM

bro i hope you get your phone back man. keep us updated. specially if any rukus occurs :)

sHockz 03-26-2008 04:38 PM

i break legs for $50 a leg, phone retrieval costs an extra $15

jamal33 03-26-2008 04:46 PM

But wait!.........if you act know you'll get two broken legs plus the phone back all for a low price of $14.95 and thats not all! we will even through in his wallet.

Demarcuswalton 03-26-2008 11:48 PM

Aaaaaahhh young buck.... one day this too shall pass. I disagree with the keyboard gangstas. Dawg, call the police. Let them handle their business. There is a time and place for redemption.

It's gotta be grinding at you to watch that locator spot your phone. But you gotta stay above the gutter mentality. Your goal in school is to create yourself into marketable asset. I'm speaking as an IT Exec for a LARGE financial services company and as someone that was born and raised on the Southside of Chi. I've seen it all and have done what you're thinking about doing.

Be the bigger person. Let the emotions pass. Graduate from school, buy 100 phones with your hiring bonus.

That's why they call it insurance. We could call it "In Case Crap Happens" But it won't fit on a billboard.

Nickles 03-27-2008 01:34 AM

lysol, where you at man ? lessgo with the details.. i'm staying up late just to get the skinny.. yes i have no life.

lysolflow 03-27-2008 09:04 PM

LOL... NAW, NICKLES... u got a life man...

well, like i said, thanks to everybody that helped me out... here;s the story...

i called the police the other night, and it was takin them forever to get to my dorm... i stay on the southwest side of houston, and i thought they woulda came a lil sooner... but they didn't.. so i decided to jus go to the location and actually see what i was dealin wit... i whipped out ma locator, and sure enough, it lead me to the same place...

i came back home cuz it was about 11... i went ahead and listened to ma gal and jus dropped the 50 bucks for the replacement... but the nicca in me came out, and i decided to go back to the hotel and see if i remembered anybody from the gym... i seen this dude that i knew was at the gym. he was some kinda maintenance man... i walked right by the receptionist and up to him...

me: "so... you like stealin boys shyt, huh..."

him: "what are you talkin about"

me: "ma gps tracked you... and i got the right mind to slap you silly"

him: "man, i dont know what you talkin about. i didnt take any phone..."

me: "you know what... u a grown man... u close to ya mid 30s... and you gotta steal a 18 year old's phone... all i gotta say is fall back homey... and if i ever see you in ma gym, ama whoop ya -bad word- all up and down the sideline"

him: "man... i'm tryin to tell you... i didn't"

and i jus turned and left... ma replacement should be at my house, but its a 45 min drive, and i got some test tomorrow... so i'll run home and pick up the replacement...

again, thanks yall for helpin me out and lettin me know that i gotta stay civilized and grown about the situation... now i jus hope SPRINT doesn't send me a touch... lol...

lysolflow 03-27-2008 09:06 PM

when he said he didn't take the phone, i had already established that i had lost a phone.. .so he didn't make the mistake of tellin me what i lost before i told him... but i knew he knew what i was talking about cuz he was real nervous...

NinjaMom 03-27-2008 09:15 PM

If they send you a touch... I'll trade ya my 6700 for it... ;)

Glad you didn't take it any further than you did...

You know one time at the Dojo where I take karate someone jacked my flip flops. LOL... Flip flops... I had to go home barefooted. Then the next Monday they were back on the shelf... I think someone just got them mixed up with theirs.

There is no telling what happened with your phone. Yeah... Someone probably stole it on purpose... But it may have been they guy you confronted or it may not have been. Just report it stolen and the fool won't get to use it anyway...

Sorry you had to go through this... But you came out the better person for not causing a major ruccus about it.

lysolflow 03-27-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 232587)
If they send you a touch... I'll trade ya my 6700 for it... ;)

Glad you didn't take it any further than you did...

You know one time at the Dojo where I take karate someone jacked my flip flops. LOL... Flip flops... I had to go home barefooted. Then the next Monday they were back on the shelf... I think someone just got them mixed up with theirs.

There is no telling what happened with your phone. Yeah... Someone probably stole it on purpose... But it may have been they guy you confronted or it may not have been. Just report it stolen and the fool won't get to use it anyway...

Sorry you had to go through this... But you came out the better person for not causing a major ruccus about it.

thats what i was thinkin... since i reported it stolen, he cant do anything but use ma memory card... but if i see anybody walkin around wit some spare flip flops, i'll mail them to you... lol...

TheBundo 03-28-2008 01:04 AM

Did you try ringing it AS you were walking up to him?

Nickles 03-28-2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 232841)

with what ? he didn't have a phone : LOL. GREAT idea though !!!

robp23 03-28-2008 03:27 AM

lysolflow,

You did the right thing in the end bro. You never know what kind of crap people will pull these days. Used to be breakin nuckles was all ya had to worry about. Now you have to worry bout how your family would feel if your were gone. It aint right, but you did the right thing.

Im 32 bro, ex-military, Pencak Silat student for 11 years(thats combative arts). Played in the sand for awhile. Still, all it takes is one person who cant be a man to take something from my kids and wife. I aint havin it.........touch my wife or kids though and its a diff story.

But, even though it doesnt matter and we dont know each other. Im glad you did what you did. Your better for it.

lysolflow 03-28-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 232841)

the battery went dead about 5 min before i got to the hotel...

Success100 03-28-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lysolflow (Post 233095)
the battery went dead about 5 min before i got to the hotel...

yeah my first notion would have been to clean him- but i think you did the right thing,

karma is a real b**ch dawg, and even though he jacked you, hell get his one way or another.

I remember when i got robbed two years ago and they got me for 600 bucks and a nice watch and my 6700, and i was EXTRA salty, but instead of me tryin to get even, it just made me step my game up, and i just thought like " u can keep it wit yo sorry a**, ill just go buy a new one, its nothin"

lysolflow 03-28-2008 05:51 PM

huhhhnnn... (if you from the south, then you know what that means)...

i like the way you think, homey...

Demarcuswalton 03-29-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 233171)
yeah my first notion would have been to clean him- but i think you did the right thing,

karma is a real b**ch dawg, and even though he jacked you, hell get his one way or another.

I remember when i got robbed two years ago and they got me for 600 bucks and a nice watch and my 6700, and i was EXTRA salty, but instead of me tryin to get even, it just made me step my game up, and i just thought like " u can keep it wit yo sorry a**, ill just go buy a new one, its nothin"

Exactly! Don't trip Success. It happens to the best of us. I got caught slippin' in the Burbs of all places. Karma's already got a hold of that crab. Not to generalize but I couldn't imagine living in a janitor's tax bracket for very long.

Young Buck I'm proud of you, Robp23's on point. He's done, you shook him. The Idiot doesn't know what to do with the phone anyway.

Ask Sprint to flag the ESN as stolen. Check the pawn shops and barbershops for peeps selling phones. You know the hood knows...

lysolflow 03-29-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demarcuswalton (Post 234535)
Exactly! Don't trip Success. It happens to the best of us. I got caught slippin' in the Burbs of all places. Karma's already got a hold of that crab. Not to generalize but I couldn't imagine living in a janitor's tax bracket for very long.

Young Buck I'm proud of you, Robp23's on point. He's done, you shook him. The Idiot doesn't know what to do with the phone anyway.

Ask Sprint to flag the ESN as stolen. Check the pawn shops and barbershops for peeps selling phones. You know the hood knows...

i would... but i 'm in southwest houson... i aint even from here... i'm jus out here for school... but i aint chillin... i'ma jus fall back, and watch this good *** game... i'm sure is someone stole Tyler Hansbrough fone, it wouldnt matter... (i jus used his cuz he's killin right now)...

but i'ma jus save ma duckets, and cop me a 8 gig since i had a 4 gig at first... no biggie... it was time for me to upgrade anyway... i got all ma cab files and programs backed up on ma computer, and they said that i'm gonna get a box wit all da accesories, too...

i needed a new pouch, so that's a plus in this whole situation, i guess...

smassele 03-30-2008 12:42 AM

forget that, if it was up here in philly and some stole my phone or an item of mine knowingly and I knew who it was, I would have to hurt them, real rap. Especially how much these phones originally cost us, there ain't no way, and I mean no way, I would have laid down for that. I'm sorry, you got better restraint than me, especially with the locator telling you exactly where it was and Sprint was able to back that up, you could have at least waited for the cops to come and handle that for you to if you didn't want to get your hands dirty.

jah_rankin 03-30-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smassele (Post 234712)
forget that, if it was up here in philly and some stole my phone or an item of mine knowingly and I knew who it was, I would have to hurt them, real rap. Especially how much these phones originally cost us, there ain't no way, and I mean no way, I would have laid down for that. I'm sorry, you got better restraint than me, especially with the locator telling you exactly where it was and Sprint was able to back that up, you could have at least waited for the cops to come and handle that for you to if you didn't want to get your hands dirty.

Yo, I would've still been whipping his !!!

lysolflow 03-30-2008 09:35 PM

lol.... yall boys trippin... lol...

rgv_warrior 03-30-2008 09:50 PM

Brother, you did the right thing. A phone is not worth some dude pulling out a knife or a gun. There are some crazy idiots out there. You can't use your phone while taking a dirt nap.

Many props for taking the high road.

Success100 03-30-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgv_warrior (Post 235435)
Brother, you did the right thing. A phone is not worth some dude pulling out a knife or a gun. There are some crazy idiots out there. You can't use your phone while taking a dirt nap.

Many props for taking the high road.

exactly, u nevr know what someone is thinking. it only takes a second for someone to pull a gun out and end your life, and like i said what goes around comes around.

smassele 03-30-2008 10:24 PM

He could have just called the cops and wiated for them, I mean I doubt a hotel janitor is walking around with a gun on him, but hey like I said he could have just waited for the cops...

Cumulus 03-30-2008 11:59 PM

I'm from the south and don't know half the lingo he's using.... I was raised in West-Central Alabama....

lysolflow 04-02-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cumulus (Post 235534)
I'm from the south and don't know half the lingo he's using.... I was raised in West-Central Alabama....

houston, bro... its a whole notha ball game out here...

by the way... i got ma phone... they sent me a mogul... fresh... cased closed, folks... now i jus gotta find a screen protector and a cheap 4 gb or 8 gb memory card... and maybe some bluetooth headphones...

jah_rankin 04-02-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lysolflow (Post 238482)
houston, bro... its a whole notha ball game out here...

by the way... i got ma phone... they sent me a mogul... fresh... cased closed, folks... now i jus gotta find a screen protector and a cheap 4 gb or 8 gb memory card... and maybe some bluetooth headphones...

U should give him a beat down for the 50 $ insurance cost.
I gave a UPS driver a printer to return back to HP, prior to me releasing the package I asked driver if it's a UPS package return label, "Yes " he claimed then took package. 2 weeks later I get notice from HP that my credit card is going to be charged unless printer were return @ such date??? Further investigation revealed package was to be returned FED EX. long story short I returned to UPS pick up location where driver picks up daily & simply told him if he did'nt provide me with printer, or the 400$ replacement cost he'll get such a beat down that he'll curse the day his Momma gave birth to him.