PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vote for Best GPS Software (more complete poll) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21395)

Masterface7 05-21-2008 02:34 AM

Re: Vote for Best GPS Software (more complete poll)

i have not seen this mentioned any where, but is there a way to pan in garmin mobile xt cause if not thats a pretty big disadvantage

No1ustad 06-11-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterface7 (Post 290369)
i have not seen this mentioned any where, but is there a way to pan in garmin mobile xt cause if not thats a pretty big disadvantage

page 17 of the garmin mobile xt owners manual explains how to zoom.

slypher 07-16-2008 05:43 AM

One thing i really don't see ppl mention when talking about different GPS apps is how they work when you are in the middle of some place that you don't know about (meaning you really need it to work) and a phone call comes in...MS Live Search, Google Maps and TeleNav (Sprint Navigation) are DONE because a phone calls means no data. Data connection is lost, those apps can't help you anymore.

I know TomTom will let you answer the call, and automatically go back to the navigation screen so that you can talk and navigate simultaneously. How do the other GPS apps handle phone calls?

-s

shaggylive 07-16-2008 06:11 AM

Navizon has never given me fits answering/making calls, but at the moment the maps are limited to "your area" (you set and change on their website), otherwise it needs a brief data connection to download the map, but once downloaded, your good to go.

nmhusa 07-16-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slypher (Post 348758)
One thing i really don't see ppl mention when talking about different GPS apps is how they work when you are in the middle of some place that you don't know about (meaning you really need it to work) and a phone call comes in...MS Live Search, Google Maps and TeleNav (Sprint Navigation) are DONE because a phone calls means no data. Data connection is lost, those apps can't help you anymore.

I know TomTom will let you answer the call, and automatically go back to the navigation screen so that you can talk and navigate simultaneously. How do the other GPS apps handle phone calls?

-s

I receive BT calls while using iGuidance 4 and the program is able to continue to provide voice directions over the headset while I am in a call. The works with the built in GPS as well as with a BT GPS unit (last year). As soon as the call is complete, I can click back into iGuidance and continue in the map view mode. Since the voice prompts are so good in iGuidance (compared to TomTom), I rarely need to be able to look at the screen to verify what I am listening to.

No1ustad 08-11-2008 01:41 PM

most of them should be able to handle calls while using GPS, save for google maps and live search. and the navizon hiccup