PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Lurker

Todd G is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Navigation with new ROM

Has anybody got Sprint Navigation to work with 3.35? I've talked with every level of tech support at Sprint and Telenav with no success. Sprint now tells me it's HTC's problem and I'll have to wait for them to fix the problem. The $9.99 charge is on my bill and I can't get past the account aurthorization screen. They want me to pay more! Even when I tried to enter my name, address and email address, the page from Telenav came back telling me to enter a valid phone number. There's no place on the page to enter a phone number!

Has anybody had any luck? Google Maps works great. I'd just like to use the turn-by-turn software for the wife.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jromero0205 is a n00b
Re: Sprint Navigation with new ROM

It started right up for me. I'm not paying for it its just the 3 day trail, but its working fine.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b

Sprint Navigation works fine on mine. I'm on Sprint's Simply Everything plan now so it's included. I think if you have the Plus or Ultimate PV plans it's included too.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

rudebwoi is a n00b

sprint nav works, gmaps doesnt 4 me
Old 03-13-2008, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

frejos is keeping up the good workfrejos is keeping up the good work

I've used Sprint Navigation (TeleNav) several times since installing the new ROM. Google Maps and Live Search all work great as well. I switched to a Simply Everything Plan the day I installed the new ROM.

-- Josh
Old 03-13-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pgdeaner is a n00b

Perhaps one of the experts here would care to explain but the GPS works like magic in Denver but 60 miles south in Colorado Springs it did not work 90% of the time that I tried to use it. Perhaps support is dependant on somthing that you find in major cities that other cities may not have?
Old 03-13-2008, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

ecker is keeping up the good workecker is keeping up the good work

well sprint sent me a confirmation for sprint navigation today with d/l link and d/led it.. but it says no gps device found.. i'm on htc mogul.. any suggestions?

EDIT EDIT EDIT
i searched a lil' more and came up with this by someone here
"On the TeleNav website it says the Mogul only supports external GPS via BT. Hence if you download their app it will be searching for a BT GPS. Download the OEM app (do a search in this forum. Also for GPS to work on your phone you need to have the unofficial officially released leak ROM ver 3.16 with internal GPS enabled"
Old 03-14-2008, 03:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd G View Post
Has anybody got Sprint Navigation to work with 3.35? I've talked with every level of tech support at Sprint and Telenav with no success. Sprint now tells me it's HTC's problem and I'll have to wait for them to fix the problem. The $9.99 charge is on my bill and I can't get past the account aurthorization screen. They want me to pay more! Even when I tried to enter my name, address and email address, the page from Telenav came back telling me to enter a valid phone number. There's no place on the page to enter a phone number!

Has anybody had any luck? Google Maps works great. I'd just like to use the turn-by-turn software for the wife.
I had the same problem and no-one from Sprint could help. I had to figure it out myself. I have two Moguls but interestingly enough, it only happened on one phone. Here's what you do. Use total commander (or file explorer) and navigate to the device\windows folder and scroll all the way down until you see two (2) tele-nav files. The file that is larger is the one to use. To test, click on it and watch it go right in. After that copy that file go to device\windows\startmenu\programs and paste shortcut. Remember, it is the larger file (971 K) I believe. Hope this helps.

Tp
Old 03-14-2008, 04:04 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Let me ask you this, did you have to reset your provisioning when you upgraded to 3.35? I had a problem with sprint nav in that it didn't recognize my number (I already had an account before I upgraded). My provisioning got screwed up with the upgrade, and Sprint nav thought my phone number was 0000000035 or something like that. I changed the provisioning settings in EPST, but it still didn't help. So I hard reset, which reinstalled sprint nav, and it was all good.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: sprint

twbrooks is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to twbrooks

question people, do any of you have to keep soft reseting your phone to keep the nav working. every time my alarm goes off, for some reason my nav goes down and i have to soft reset to get it back up. Is there any way to keep the nav working without soft reseting and loosing out on my alarm, and if i sign up for a nav plan do you think that might work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan