PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Sprint Mogul Tether (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21301)

ghettokamel 05-07-2008 10:32 AM

Re: Sprint Mogul Tether

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainX2001 (Post 274196)
Incorrect. At this time, PAM does not work with the Simply Everything plan. If they added it onto your account, they did so incorrectly. It has been determined that PAM and the Simply Everything plan do not work together correctly at this time.

The fully functional PAM feature will be added to all Simply Everything plans on June 15th.

If PAM is working for you now, don't get attached. You'll likely start to run into problems rather quickly.

I have a question for you regarding tethering. Lets say I use the internet sharing that is already with the phone, and i have a Sero plan with unlimited data, will i get charged for using it as a modem or am i in the clear?

x10guy 05-07-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettokamel (Post 274362)
I have a question for you regarding tethering. Lets say I use the internet sharing that is already with the phone, and i have a Sero plan with unlimited data, will i get charged for using it as a modem or am i in the clear?

In theory, you could be charged... in practice, I haven't heard of anyone yet.

I haven't heard of anyone on SERO being charged for tethering... but I've heard "rumors" that if you use too much data Sprint will notice and do something..

But I've submitted a couple of posts before asking for any concrete examples but so far... no replies. So it could be one of those Sprint/SERO urban legends.

MrBogard 05-07-2008 06:10 PM

It's hard to imagine what constitutes too much data use when there are streaming video plugins and bit torrent clients for windows mobile already. I could just as easily use "too much data" without tethering my phone at all.

I tried playing some Call of Duty 4 over my mogul just to test the potential latency issues I'd encounter. It was surprisingly stable on some servers, and a mess on others. Personally I hope that thethering is never a big issue, because it's hella convenient and honestly it's no worse than heavy data use locally.

CaptainX2001 05-08-2008 06:11 AM

Quote:

The unlimited data covers browsing on the phone only. Phone As Modem costs an extra $39.99 per month. You won't be charged for usage because you won't be able to connect.

robgtheengineer 08-20-2008 02:41 PM

I just got off chat with a rep and she told me with the Mogul, vision will cover any PAM usage.
Quote:

2:20:24 PM

Molly
You have the Mogul.
2:20:27 PM

robert grant
yes
2:20:43 PM

Molly
You may go to internet shared, place your phone on Phone as modem and you are covered under your vision pack.
2:21:16 PM

robert grant
no additional charges for using PAM?
2:21:58 PM

Molly
That is correct. You will be using your data pack and will be covered on that plan.
2:22:27 PM

robert grant
the other rep that transfered me to you told me their will be an additional charge
2:23:08 PM

Molly
Robert, I have the Mogul and when you have an unlimited data pack, you are covered under the data pack for using the Mogul as phone as modem.
2:23:34 PM

robert grant
wow that is great news
2:23:53 PM

Molly
It is a great feature that the Mogul provides.

yama247 08-27-2008 08:41 AM

so let me get this clear as mud, im on the simply everything plan. I need this to be sure becuz I don't have internet conn at home so the mogul as a modem would be my only connection. I see you say the sero doesn't get charged (whatever sero is?) becuz its unlimited data, then I wouldn't get charged too right? seeing mines unlimited everything

yama247 08-27-2008 08:49 AM

also I saw on youtube that you select "sprint pcs" instead of PAM. I tried it and it works great on my mogul. I haven't tried the PAM yet. my concern is I haven't tweaked the registry yet.