PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upcoming Seidio 3200mAh Rubber Case + Holster!!

Will this case work with the HTC OEM extended battery?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

seidioseidio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
seidio guy, since you responded, is/are there any plans to make a desktop cradle for the extended battery and a spare battery in back sort of like combining the spare battery charger you offer with the innodock?

I'd love to see an innodock with a spare battery charger. I bought the extended battery from you guys but now have nowhere to charge my original OEM battery.
I don't know of any plans to change the Innodock right now, but our Multi-function battery charger might work for you.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=886

Thanks,
Old 03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thank you sedio guy for the response, but what i'm trying to avoid is the numerous cables you're advocating. I used to have a treo 700wx and the palm charger with the spare charger underneath the cradle was perfect. I really would rather have a cradle and a spare battery charger in one.

Well, I have found this combination but of course, they may not accomodate the extra back bulk of the extended battery, for example, there is this vendor:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

The cradle is only $19.90, much cheaper than the seidio combination. Maybe it needs a little dremel work and I can make it accomodate my needs.

hmm, thank you seidio guy for forcing me to go this way instead.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

micahmicahmicah is a n00b

I just ordered the Seidio Extended Case and G4300S this morning. Then I notice that the part description on the Holster which I purchased last week now shows that it is not compatible with the Seidio Extended Case. Last week when I ordered the Holster it did not show this on the page. I called Seidio to see if there was anything they could do for me about this. The service rep suggested that I try to see if the holster I currently have would fit with the extended case - and that if it didn't I could return it. I explained that I did not wish to pay for shipping twice as I would be expected to pay for shipping on the return item.

I was told that a manager would call me back. About 20 minutes later said manager called back. He told me that they would be able to take $20 off the price and transferred me back to a service rep to process the order. She then tells me that they are going to change my order from the extended case to the extended case+holster combo which costs $20 less. This is not a $20 discount in my eyes as this is the same discount which is applied when purchasing the "combo package" normally on the website.

I cancelled my order as I am very let down with their lack of customer oriented service. For what they charge on the product - and the fact that I am already an existing customer that has ordered from them in the past.... they easily could have thrown in a free compatible holster.

I'll continue looking for alternative options to dock the phone in my car. Does anyone know if the extended battery cover would be compatible with a Proclip mounting solution?
Motorola : S9, T505
Proclip : Mogul Mount, move clip system, WRX & 350Z Dash mounts
Old 03-19-2008, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

seidioseidio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahmicahmicah View Post
I just ordered the Seidio Extended Case and G4300S this morning. Then I notice that the part description on the Holster which I purchased last week now shows that it is not compatible with the Seidio Extended Case. Last week when I ordered the Holster it did not show this on the page. I called Seidio to see if there was anything they could do for me about this. The service rep suggested that I try to see if the holster I currently have would fit with the extended case - and that if it didn't I could return it. I explained that I did not wish to pay for shipping twice as I would be expected to pay for shipping on the return item.

I was told that a manager would call me back. About 20 minutes later said manager called back. He told me that they would be able to take $20 off the price and transferred me back to a service rep to process the order. She then tells me that they are going to change my order from the extended case to the extended case+holster combo which costs $20 less. This is not a $20 discount in my eyes as this is the same discount which is applied when purchasing the "combo package" normally on the website.

I cancelled my order as I am very let down with their lack of customer oriented service. For what they charge on the product - and the fact that I am already an existing customer that has ordered from them in the past.... they easily could have thrown in a free compatible holster.

I'll continue looking for alternative options to dock the phone in my car. Does anyone know if the extended battery cover would be compatible with a Proclip mounting solution?
Micah,

I apologize for the confusion, but our standard holsters have never worked with our cases or skins. This is why we've always designed two different versions.

In regards to your order, if you just received it, you are well within our 14 day return policy. I would suggest you simply return the standard holster and order whichever combo you'd like. Please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
Old 03-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Man, do a search on Seidio's customer service. It stinks. When it doesn't stink it is non-existent.

They have ONE person who is in their RMA department, that person is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS out to lunch, call at 8am, they're out, call at 4pm, they're out. The receptionist there will route your call and then IF she doesn't hang up on you, you'll get a voicemail.

I have been blatantly lied to, had to return batteries because of overheating after almost 2 dozen phone calls, and EVERYONE involved said "we'll make sure the RMA person calls you back" never happened.

They make passable products, but their customer support is atrocious.

You don't believe me, do a search on this and XDA-Developers site.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Lurker

I sent an email yesterday at 8pm and still have not received a reply. The email subject was
You asked me to send you an email on the PPCGEEKS forums
Old 03-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Lurker

I just called Proclip and ordered 2 vehicle mounts (WRX, 350Z), the move clip system, and the mount for the mogul. I explained what I went through and they are putting a return shipping label in the box just in case I am unable to use anything or any single item.

Still no word from Seidio.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Hoof,

Yes. The device will fit in our car kit with the extended battery and extended case on it.

Thanks,
I just received my case yesterday and it does NOT fit in the car charger. The only way to make it fit is to literally break the car charger.

I was skeptical of this since it barely fits with just the extended battery alone. I will be returning my car charger for a refund or send me one that actually works as advertised.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
Will this case work with the HTC OEM extended battery?
I'm still waiting on an answer to this, as I already have the OEM extended battery, and I have your regular case and holster and would love to have this if it would work on the OEM battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan