PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   quick internet question/slick (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20826)

elosogrande7076 03-11-2008 09:26 AM

quick internet question/slick

Hey guys, i have a quick question bout the way the mogul and the internet works. Is there a way for you to still be online and yet the phone being connected to the computer/charging. It seems that as soon as i do that, i lost my connection. If not, is there a program or app that will launch or sustain the interent connection. (maybe something like the gps fix)....the main reason im asking is that i use Slick instant messenger and i want to keep the program going while im charging my phone...any help is greatly aprpecaited.

P.S.

Mods, i wasnt sure if to put this in this forum or the ones for programs, i decided to put it here because i have a titan, if it is in the wrong spot please move it. Thanks
________
Big Tits live

crimekilla 03-11-2008 10:23 AM

Re: quick internet question/slick

are you using active sync
when you first set up your active sync there is a pop up question asking do you want to allow internet connection and calls while connected
you have to check the box and it is default left blank

elosogrande7076 03-11-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crimekilla (Post 211630)
are you using active sync
when you first set up your active sync there is a pop up question asking do you want to allow internet connection and calls while connected
you have to check the box and it is default left blank

u know, im not using activesync cause on my work computer we have lotus notes instead of outlook, so i never really use active sync only to explore the ppc and transfer files.....i will set it up and see if that works...thanks
________
Avandia Settlements

migz1134 03-11-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 (Post 211635)
u know, im not using activesync cause on my work computer we have lotus notes instead of outlook, so i never really use active sync only to explore the ppc and transfer files.....i will set it up and see if that works...thanks

I believe even if you only browsing the files you will be using active sync i dunno any other way to access the mogul other than using active sync..

thekidd1584 03-29-2008 04:13 PM

hi i need some help can someone help me set up my mogul to vibert with the slick instant messenger cuz i set it up n it doesnt work i dont know y but i think its a bug maybe i dont know can someone help please thansk.

nxtech3 03-29-2008 04:57 PM

i keep my mogul connected to the internet and charging everytime i use it, and it never drops the internet connection.

Shavkat 03-30-2008 01:53 AM

I had same problem. Beside checking the box you should make some changes in: Right click to ActiveSYNC-Connection Settings-This computer is connect to-The internet Voila!

lilgrass71 03-30-2008 02:05 AM

hey, on a side note for the slick users. do you guys notice that slick drains the battery a lot more? or maybe its the constant data connection. hmmm...