PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Funny quote from my girlfriend tonight... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19834)

dkincaid 03-02-2008 12:34 AM

Funny quote from my girlfriend tonight...

"Your phone is driving a wedge in our relationship."

I'm not sure if she was kidding to be honest! haha

Genjinaro 03-02-2008 12:40 AM

Re: Funny quote from my girlfriend tonight...

LOL I've heard that with work-issued Crackberries but never a personal phone.

How often are you on it when shes around? Maybe she calls every time your doing a softreset. :p

dkincaid 03-02-2008 12:42 AM

Well, this is definetely a work phone....hehe

She'll get over it...I hope! haha

jayresc 03-02-2008 01:05 AM

Wow...... I get that too.

wILLk0r3 818 03-02-2008 01:05 AM

My GF tells me the same thing. She says that two things distract me from her, Laker games and my phone. Ohhh maaan hahahaha. I'll tell you this, she's becoming a Laker fan and she's in the know with PPC related stuff cuz I try to talk to her about it when I'm buzzed. =p

Big D5 03-02-2008 10:55 AM

I have been married for 15 years and I have had a PPC of some type most of that time 2 things to remember.

1) When she starts talking put the PPC down.
2) Don't pick it up again till your sure she is done.

It wouldn't hurt to get her a PPC my wife has a 700wx and loves it. She barely lets me touch it she gets made every time I make changes but when she gets used to what I have done she is almost always happy with what I have done. In the end if you were meant to be together she will learn to accept your PPC as part of your life. If not send her packing cause you know you not getting rid of your PPC.

dlbrummels 03-02-2008 10:58 AM

Sounds like time to upgrade the gf.

nuguy 03-02-2008 11:28 AM

sounds like a new thread in the making...

'The official Girlfriend upgrade thread'

Trust me that is one tough rom there.

and now I keep thinking about 'chef' from south park

hey everybody have you seen my...

dtndvm 03-02-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlbrummels (Post 199562)
Sounds like time to upgrade the gf.

Yea, but as soon as you upgrade, you start finding out about the bugs in the upgrade and have to find workarounds and fixes...then you start hoping for another upgrade. In the end you find they are all built on the same operating system, just with different skins.

I agree with Big D5...keep listening. Big D5, I've got you beat...26 years and counting!

InvincibleLiving 03-02-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D5 (Post 199559)
I have been married for 15 years and I have had a PPC of some type most of that time 2 things to remember.

1) When she starts talking put the PPC down.
2) Don't pick it up again till your sure she is done.

It wouldn't hurt to get her a PPC my wife has a 700wx and loves it. She barely lets me touch it she gets made every time I make changes but when she gets used to what I have done she is almost always happy with what I have done. In the end if you were meant to be together she will learn to accept your PPC as part of your life. If not send her packing cause you know you not getting rid of your PPC.

I'm in the exact same boat D5 and follow the same rule. we both have matching moguls and i only load the basic stuff i know she'll appreciate like a palringo here and a spb backup there...