PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   PLease Help! Spent over 4hrs on trying... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17282)

sd4shizy 01-31-2008 05:15 PM

PLease Help! Spent over 4hrs on trying...

I am sorry for not knowing better but I cannot get the phone to updat to 3.16. I thought it had to do with something with me having 2.09 but i updated to 2.17 and nothing.

here is what happens.

I get the "image Error file"

my phone is not locked it is stock

which supposedly means that I have the wrong one or something? it just gives me the bars and gives me the error notice. then i click okay and then it says congrads!! im so annoyed.

please help.

Thank you in advance

sd4shizy 01-31-2008 07:21 PM

40 views and not one reply????

xweaponx 01-31-2008 07:25 PM

40 people may have viewed but they may not have had a answer to your inquiry.

I recommend reading the sticky's at the top of theses threads. Your situation sounds familiar and I am sure the resolution you seek lies within one of the topics discussed therein.

Good luck!

nxtech3 01-31-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4shizy (Post 173270)
40 views and not one reply????

are you using an HTC Mogul??? i see 700wx and i dont think there is an 3.16for a treo. If you are using a mogul then look for an unlocker, that might be your issue. I ran the 3.16 on a mogul from stock so i dont know why u would have an issue

sd4shizy 01-31-2008 07:29 PM

yes i apologize. I have a mogul 6800 for sprint.

sd4shizy 01-31-2008 07:31 PM

weapon u know u know the answer. u are one of the wizz kids here. but i appreciate your concern. i have look for 4 hrs and i have not seen anything like this. i do need help.

Ovendoor 01-31-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4shizy (Post 173286)
weapon u know u know the answer. u are one of the wizz kids here. but i appreciate your concern. i have look for 4 hrs and i have not seen anything like this. i do need help.

Wow.

Everyone around here is very helpful, but I would imagine that they wouldn't be too eager to help if you start tossing accusations around.

sd4shizy 01-31-2008 07:57 PM

didnt mean to come off like that

update: still no solution. i dont know what to do. ive looked and looked.

sd4shizy 01-31-2008 09:18 PM

still no luck has anyone else been through this???

rajuabju 01-31-2008 09:32 PM

Have you followed the instructions EXACTLTY?

First SPL 2.40 bootloader
then the ROM
then the radio rom

xweaponx 01-31-2008 09:39 PM

I am not aware of your devies current status. But get it back to a functioning state and working rom.

Now make sure you have (3) things:

1. Olipro 2.40 bootloader
2. A working rom with 3.16 (I recommend Dcd's and can personally vouch for its functionality)
3. Radio 3.27.00

Operation of the unlocker/bootloader is straightforward. When you get any error's, just press "Continue"

Install the radio & rom in proper order... and there IS order of installing. Research to find the latest order of installing.

Run unlocker for each install. Make sure battery is well charged and I would even turn the phone's radio off in the comm so that incoming calls/messages do not hinder installation. Hard reset after each install and before loading apps/programs.

Read kmartburritos sticky. It has the links within by ImCoKeMaN regarding the unlocker. Again, I recommend reading all of the stickys as all of the information you seek is there. I successfully installed 3.16 & 3.27 onto my device and resolved any post issues from within these threads...

aznmode 01-31-2008 10:19 PM

You can also go the SD card route. Format a micro SD card to FAT32. Download winrar and open the 3.16 installer with it and find 3.16xxx.nbh and copy it to your card. Rename it TITAIMG.nbh and insert the card into your phone. Put the phone in bootloader by holding the power and camera button at the same time and reset your phone. Once it bootloader mode the phone will recognize the rom and will try to update. Press power to run the update. When complete just reset the phone.

** You will need to have your MSL code because this will erase your MSD and MSID #s. Once you enter those back in, re-provision your phone by going to Settings> Personal> Phone and go to the Services tab. Chose Internet and Get Settings. Click on Start and let it update.

If you wanna go back to 2.17 just repeat the same procedure.

sd4shizy 01-31-2008 11:19 PM

well the problem is a new one. i tried the unlocker, i didnt even know i had to do that. but then i got stock while unlocking to 2.04 or whatyever. i tried three times had to then flash to 2.17 3 times and now im back. am i missing something,

anything you guys think.

???? :(

xweaponx 02-01-2008 12:01 AM

You must leave the phone with the Olipro 2.40 unlocker still running (you will still have the multi-colored horizontal bars) then run the RUU with the desired 3.16 .nhb rom file in it. Then disconnect, reset. Then repeat to do the radio.

I recommend reading and bookmarking threads, guides and pages of information to compile a how-to of information for yourself. This is what I did before I begun the upgrading process. I was 99% sure of what I was doing and had all relevant information handy and/or printed.

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 12:16 AM

weapon

i wanted to say agin thank you for spending time on helping out a n00b. i could only imagine it could get frustrating and your patience is extremely appreciated. yes i am indeed stuck ij the bar screen for 2.04

i will keep u updated

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 12:18 AM

i just realized that i tried that too a couple of times and it stillddidnt work. it still says wrong image file. it doesnt load 3.16 just stays at zero and then gets mest up

jayweezie21 02-01-2008 12:20 AM

what are you running xp or vista? never really mattered to me im running vista and could always flash fine....run the unlocker then flash the shit . it might take a few times mine locked up at 38% numerous times then just worked somehow...oh make sure you also upgrade the radio..

i may be drunk ha but itll help...mines at dcds clean gps rom and its smoooooooooth

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 12:21 AM

jay

i am running xp, and i read i should first do 3.16 then radio

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 12:23 AM

im so sad, i wish someone had aol aim and would message be to come to my rescue, if you do it is sd4shizy thats my sn, here is fine too. thanks again for your help

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 12:24 AM

am i suppose to put a custom rom before the 3.16??? im not sure because i havent heard i do, i am trying from stock 3.17

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 12:27 AM

and i dont kno what it means when it says load spl and temperary spl, maybe that is what is messing me up???

xweaponx 02-01-2008 12:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Lets try this:
(cause I know this works)

Acquire Dcd's 2.0b 3.16 rom. Link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362566

I have included the HARD-SPL-MFG below. Read the thread for instructions.
Link here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093

I have also included the radio 3.27 that I used below...

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 12:56 AM

ok im gonna jump on it now thanks again weapon

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 01:09 AM

weapon, the hard spl says that the radio of 3.27 must be installed prior. but u know i cant do that. what now????

yes pipe thanks i will do that

just got this update dcd to work im scared now!

Pibe38 02-01-2008 01:47 AM

sd4shizy,

Please try editing your posts instead of making new post after new post.

Thank you.

Good luck with the ROM update.

jayweezie21 02-01-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38 (Post 173722)
sd4shizy,

Please try editing your posts instead of making new post after new post.

Thank you.

Good luck with the ROM update.

*snoring* you could try helping the man with the update instead of lecturing him....you kinda remind me of my high school vice principal with all the lectures. just being honest. if your mr. berger let me know!

sorry once again for being honest check your last 100 posts

meechieervin 02-01-2008 02:03 AM

i had the same problem i dont know if this will help you when you run the file in winrar you have to add a e at the end

before-----------------
RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3[1].16.651.0_435009_RS3_27_00_SPCS_NV124.ex----add a e on the end

after=============
RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3[1].16.651.0_435009_RS3_27_00_SPCS_NV124.exe-----this is how it should look after you get done

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 02:04 AM

oh no. i am now stuck on the htc black start screen. and i am having problems, what should i do now?

meechieervin 02-01-2008 02:06 AM

do you still have the new rom update

meechieervin 02-01-2008 02:08 AM

did that work for you

jayweezie21 02-01-2008 02:10 AM

i imed you to try and help you out man...jayboxer484

aznmode 02-01-2008 02:18 AM

Trying putting it in bootloader mode again but it should be 2.40 olipro for it to take the radio 3.27 update. That's the only one i know that will take the load completely.

I still think you're better off doing the SD card method.

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 02:18 AM

well i just wanted to write a new post to announce that i am officially stuck the os wont load my comp wont recognize my connection my whole day went to shit, i broke plans with my girl and i feel helpless.

Pibe38 02-01-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayweezie21 (Post 173731)
*snoring* you could try helping the man with the update instead of lecturing him....you kinda remind me of my high school vice principal with all the lectures. just being honest. if your mr. berger let me know!

sorry once again for being honest check your last 100 posts

Unfortunately I have no experience flashing custom ROMs, so I would be of no help there.

I gave the poster a tip on how to better manage his posts so that he can receive better assistance. That, after all, is my work as a moderator.

I have sent you a PM so that this thread does not get hijacked in case you'd like to continue to talk about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4shizy (Post 173753)
well i just wanted to write a new post to announce that i am officially stuck the os wont load my comp wont recognize my connection my whole day went to shit, i broke plans with my girl and i feel helpless.

sd4shizy,

I hope you didn't think I meant not to post, what I was trying to say was that instead of posting after your own posts, editing them and adding the new info keeps things organized for the people that are trying to help you.

Did you try reading this thread?

***Offical n00b Guide to get new Update to Work***

itsall_cooool 02-01-2008 06:03 AM

Some people just need to buy a simple phone and use it as is. This has been discussed endlessly on many threads and obviously some people cant read clearly written instructions or just aren't capable of updating. Thats why the iPhone is so popular.

This user should hook up with an experienced user and pay him/her to update or go buy a razr.

Sorry but the unwillingness to read the already posted info is tiresome and annoying.

And jayweezie21, nice of you to take time to condemn the moderator instead of posting advice. Take your own advice please, if you feel so strongly why not hold the n00bs hand.

This thread should be closed.

sd4shizy 02-01-2008 06:14 AM

i didnt wanna say this but i had to. i ended up solving the problem. weapon, i didnt need to unlock my phone to update the rom, yes i just needed to add the e at the end of the exe. no, i didnt hold the camera reset and phone to get into bootloader, i held the reset camera and comm manag.

not to undermine the integrity of the helpful people, but there are some that just think they are too coool. I wish i could have a chat with those people. a face 2 face chat. that would be nice. September wasn't too long ago n00b. lol

you guys take care, this should be officially closed. thanks for all those you contributed, many were NOT noobs, but I ended figuring it out myself.

and no need to upgrade radio when downloading the sprint pac, it come with radio 3.27 for god sakes

itsall_cooool 02-01-2008 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4shizy (Post 173843)
i didnt wanna say this but i had to. i ended up solving the problem. weapon, i didnt need to unlock my phone to update the rom, yes i just needed to add the e at the end of the exe. no, i didnt hold the camera reset and phone to get into bootloader, i held the reset camera and comm manag.

not to undermine the integrity of the helpful people, but there are some that just think they are too coool. I wish i could have a chat with those people. a face 2 face chat. that would be nice. September wasn't too long ago n00b. lol

you guys take care, this should be officially closed. thanks for all those you contributed, many were NOT noobs, but I ended figuring it out myself.

and no need to upgrade radio when downloading the sprint pac, it come with radio 3.27 for god sakes

This just proves my point from above....... nice way to thank all those who DID take time to respond to your requests for help (which barely made sense) and "adding the 'e' to the .ex(e)" was listed right among the first post or two.

Pibe38 02-01-2008 03:50 PM

At the request of many users, this thread is now locked.