PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

You can't have gps with that pri. First downgrade here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
Verify your pri changed to 1.35xxx. If new pri is present unlock and go straight to custom. Do not install MR1 or MR2. If pri didn't changed. Reflash rom from link above.

Last edited by drewcam888; 08-25-2009 at 01:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: vzw

sank is a n00b
Talking Re: Official Titan built-in GPS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
You can't have gps with the pri. First downgrade here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
Verify your pri changed to 1.35xxx. If new pri is present unlock and go straight to custom. Do not install MR1 or MR2. If pri didn't changed. Reflash rom from link above.

Why is it so hard for you to read the above posts and see that your pri is the problem. I have posted it more than once.
Dude. Chevy. Stay calm. I appreciate your help.

Okay, so it's like this. I've read about 1000 posts in the last few days, most of them more than once or twice. Don't worry, I paid careful attention to "the above posts". In fact, you said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888
Check the pri before unlokcing and installing custom. Is the pri 1.35_002? If no what is the rom and radio versions?
And David said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT
When it went back to WM 6.0 after relock, it was 1.35 or something close to that, I was watching.
SO, you never said if 1.35_002 was a good number to have, or a bad number to have. That is why I included my PRI number when I posted my question. Now that you've told me it is the necessary number, I went back to work, and I've spent all morning getting deeper into a hole.

Mind you, I tried to do all this before, and everything was greatly successful except my PRI number, as you've graciously pointed out. I started with a 'normal' phone, so I'm not sure at what step the bad PRI was injected into the phone.

Starting again, my first step was to relock and go back to stock Verizon rom, as in the aforementioned thread. And then I did the thing I've done before, unlock, except this time it was forever stuck in 1.20 olipro. I can't remember exactly which order it was in now since it was 4 hours ago, but I finally got 2.40 olipro to stick, and also I got radio 3.42.50 to stick. Of course, the stock verizon rom with the new radio wasn't happy, it wouldn't boot past the splash screen (as expecteed) and that got me stuck for some time again because it did not like loading ROMs. After successfully loading some sprint stock image, and not letting customizations run (as I read in another thread) I got it to sucessfully load my kitchen ROM (21042), and it looked like everything was going to work perfectly, but now when it boots it gets stuck on the splash screen and says No Radio. WTF mate, where did the radio go? I just had it!

Now I'm in the current situation, and I can use the RUU to load various NBH files:
Flashing SPL 2.47 (HardSPL) or 1.06 (TitanRelock) appears to work, but 2.40.olipro has a stubborn grip.
Flashing the stock VZW rom gets to 11% and then Titan reboots.
Flashing cooked rom 21042 is successful, but of course contains no radio.
Flashing the 3.42.50 radio gets to 8% and then Titan reboots.
Anything that requires ActiveSync connection doesn't work since it won't boot.
I've been using USB for everything, since I'm without an SD card reader.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything important, I have carefully spent spent a LOT of time on this recently and can't recall all the details anymore, they are starting to blur together. Any new suggestions?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: vzw

sank is a n00b

Good news, a night's sleep helps the brain. I got it back booting OS again with the sprint image that includes a radio. It's not the 'right' radio, but it's a radio so I'm back on the wagon again. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21167

Thanks for putting up with me. P.S. I underestimated my previous post "1000" should be more like "10000" since some single threads I've read have 1000 posts all by themselves.

(NOTE: The link to the sprint image is currently broken, but surfing around the FTP site gets you to a file with a truncated name that you can just add ".exe" to the end and it's 'fixed').

Edit: oh hey, that silly FTP site seems to have write access (hence the subdomain "up" I suppose), so I think I've fixed the link. Seems like a public upload directory should have write access but not 'change' access...

Last edited by sank; 08-07-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: fixed ftp link from other thread.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

WorkerB is just getting started

Quote:
You can't have gps with that pri. First downgrade here. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
There must be other factors. My PRI is 2.03_002 and I get GPS locks consistently, every time. It is slow, taking from 4 to 5 minutes to lock using HTC GPS Tool. After that I start GoogleMaps and GPS location works perfectly.

Mine is a refurb that I received from Verizon in late July. I unlocked, downgraded, installed Radio 3.42.50, installed a 6.1 custom ROM I had been using, went through the QPST ritual, set the registry under SUPL AGPS to mode 2, and was able to get locks in under 2 minutes. Apparently the reset of the PRI didn't "take" when I downgraded because it is currently 2.03_002. Since then I have installed various 6.5 ROMS from mattsm, bbsandkm, & btonetbone. With the 6.5 ROMS the locks take 4 to 5 mins. Less if I start the HTC GPS Tool at the same location where I shut it off and use "warm start". Another trick that speeds thing up is to start the HTC GPS Tool, let it run for about a minute (it won't have a lock at that point),stop it and then restart it. It will then usually lock in less than a minute.

This isn't as convenient as I have experienced with previous XV6800s in which the PRI was 1.35_xxx. Then I got locks in under 15 seconds. But it does work. The next time I flash a new ROM I will go through the downgrade process again and see if I can get the PRI to change. If so I will post an update on how the GPS works.

WorkerB
Old 08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It is ok if the pri changes back to 2.03_002 from 1.35 when you install the custom rom. The problem lies when the pri is changed by MR1/2 install.
Did you set the qpst to the new address listed below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=703

Last edited by drewcam888; 08-28-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

WorkerB is just getting started

Quote:
It is ok if the pri changes back to 2.03_002 from 1.35 when you install the custom rom. The problem lies when the pri is changed by MR1/2 install.
Did you set the qpst to the new address listed below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=703
No. I did see this post after I did the install. I used the same settings I have been using for the past 8 or 9 months. I'll try these to see if things speed up.

WorkerB

Edit: Updated the QPST settings. Locked 8 sats indoors in less than a minute!
Thanks again drewcam888.
Edit again: In the car GoogleMaps no longer requires priming and sats are locked consistently in less than 5 seconds. Wow!

Last edited by WorkerB; 08-29-2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: add to post
Old 10-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: verizon

rmadigan is a n00b

I have a XV6800 with ROM 3.08, Radio 3.35, and PRI 1.35_002. The GPS worked until I recently flashed the device from kitchen with WM6.1, and 21042. I haven't been able to get it to work since. I read a post that claims I need ROM greater then 3.16, somehow my device worked before. Can someone explain either why it worked before and what I should do to make it work, or why it doesn't work now and what I need to do to make it work.

Thanks

Last edited by rmadigan; 10-11-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Mr. Chevy

Well did you setup up the gps for agps and turn location on.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: verizon

rmadigan is a n00b

Yes,
GPS port is COM4
GPS hardware port is (None)
Baud rate 4800

Phone: Location Setting LOCATION ON

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL_AGPS
EnableAGPS 1
EnableSmartMode 1
GPSMode 4
ServerIP 205.142.19.100
ServerPort 0x8888

Last edited by rmadigan; 10-12-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

natejohn is a n00b

do i install tis on the phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan