PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Do you have ROM release working 100%? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16928)

ecker 01-26-2008 08:47 PM

Do you have ROM release working 100%?

I don't mean bug-less b/c that would be a miracle on our WM devices...but, as a Titan user.. do you have the new 3.16 ROM with GPS/REV-A working as it is intended.

I just want to get a basis of how many got it working and how many have problems...as a reference...

Thanks for feedback!

EtherealRemnant 01-26-2008 09:19 PM

Working great besides the normal Titan issue of memory management. The ROM really beats down the memory. I get 17MB free on a soft reset...

GPS is buggy too. Windows Live doesn't really like it too much. It froze my phone a few times trying to get satellites so I just use Google.

rangie 01-26-2008 09:37 PM

It's working good so far.

Live hung on me too before the GPS had dialed in. Today no trouble. It aquires much faster and Live Search works fine.

A2DP seems better than 2.17.

EVDO is faster.

Less free RAM than 2.17 and it seems a little less quick.

ecker 01-26-2008 09:49 PM

i know you guys are saying less RAM, but that is not happening on my end... even after installing all my usual apps/proggies my RAM is the same, if not very close to before the update... i'm at about 21-22 free with nothing running..

100% on my end :)

22.47 to be exact after running sk tools free up tool

thomlanphear 01-26-2008 09:56 PM

I installed it earlier today used Google maps and sprint navigation earlier going to dinner, the gps worked great, it was fast downloading the google maps satellite as we drove. Overall I am extremely happy. i haven't tried BT yet maybe tomorrow overall I extremely happy with new rom!!! Finally!!!!!!

JudasD 01-26-2008 10:05 PM

So far i am happy as well. GPS works great with Live search, BT works nice. The memory appears about the same to me.

JD

themuffinman 01-26-2008 10:51 PM

After a soft reset I still get about 20 or 21 mb. I have tried live maps, google maps and sprintnav, and all three works perfectly but I like sprintnav the best. Good data and voice, bluetooth works well so far, really nothing for me to specifically complain about.

(fingers crossed)

neodorian 01-26-2008 10:52 PM

After some screwing around with re-provisioning, I have my phone connecting to EVDO quickly after reset.

I have fast upload speeds that show RevA is working.

I can now get a relatively reliable GPS signal when outdoors and often inside.

I don't know about BT because I don't use it.

Memory seems decent. I haven't got much installed yet since I have been resetting a lot while getting it all working.

Lsme420 01-26-2008 10:53 PM

Ya Buddy I almost got lost heading to PPC geeks tonight but I didn't why you ask? GPS. Cant complain about this unofficial Rom at all. It annoys me a bit to think how much more stable a beta leaked ROM is than some of the ROM's they released. Also makes me think about all the cats that ran to the touch when their bt didn't work. :) As for the PIE and the interweb I had nice speeds surfing on my phone and tethered to my pc. I don't know how to act now that I cant complain about Sprint.

ecker 01-27-2008 12:41 AM

i wish this could be stickied temporarily.. but i know that won't happen :(

qwho 01-27-2008 10:39 AM

Ya, for me it was as smooth as an official oem upgrade. I don't understand what all these other steps everyone is talking about, with esn's and msid's... I just did the upgrade, went to the settings, initiated iota, and immediately I was calling people and people were calling me and texting me. GPS works great, I find that it does cause problems win windows live if you click menu>home from the map screen without first unchecking "center on gps". Give that a try, see if that stops locking you up.

It is pretty cool, cause I was looking at the satelite connections in visualgps, and it only needs 4 to get a lock. My bluetooth gps always had like 8 sats before it got a lock...

tphone 01-27-2008 11:03 AM

Reasons for the wildly different install results?

I'm the kind of person who thinks that results have causes. I'm wondering why so many people are having such different results with this rom. Not only on the install, (probably some of which can be blamed on not following instructions), but with what works and what doesn't after the install completes. Some say that their MSID is wiped out, some not.
When looking at the EPST screen (##778#) about 3/4 of the way down, there is an entry for hardware version. Mine happens to be 003. I would be curious to know if there IS more than one hardware version, And if there is, could this be responsible for the different results that people are seeing?
I should say here that I have not tried this new rom yet, but I'm tempted. And more information is always better.
I could see this all being a hardware issue if the hardware registry entries changed between hardware revisions and this rom used hard coded machine addresses built for a specific hardware revision instead of addresses generated at runtime on the local hardware.
Of course, this may have absolutely nothing to do with anything related to the problems many are having, but it would be interesting if all those that ARE having problems are on the same hardware revision which is different than those who are functioning at 100%.

Just want to know is all......

rambrush 01-27-2008 11:12 AM

Mine is a 3
My install was veryy smooth and easy no hang ups glitches etc. Mine was a clean install had no other custom roms on board.

InvincibleLiving 01-27-2008 01:44 PM

for me the jury is still out on the rom as whole. the main selling points (gps & rev a) are performing well for me I think. i've had sporadic issues with PIE locking up the device. And i'm still not sure what true difference i'm getting in evdo speed...
BT is much stronger in volume, but at the same time seems weaker in sensitivity (crackling more than it did before.)

the GPS alone is worth the temp hassles though. i'm very impressed w/sprint nav but i'm mot up for subscribing past the trial.

doorbellz 01-27-2008 02:07 PM

good here

My phone is hardware version 3 also. My install went smooth. Memory footprint has definitely increased.

nxtech3 01-31-2008 12:51 PM

install was clean, Everything running good. Memory is still bad i have 13-15mb after the phone has been running for a little while and opening programs and such. Thank heavens for the Task Manager and QuickMenu. GPS works great. It brought me to a street that is usually not on GPS like TomTom and its a street that saved me about five min driving so that was one good thing about it. The data speeds are generally what i am used to (forgive me if i am mistaken but i didnt think that this ROM included Rev A) but i havent seen any freezes on the device. One thing i noticed is that my arcsoft mms isnt working but i dont know if thats a ROM issue or what.

monkey 01-31-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 169592)
After a soft reset I still get about 20 or 21 mb. I have tried live maps, google maps and sprintnav, and all three works perfectly but I like sprintnav the best. Good data and voice, bluetooth works well so far, really nothing for me to specifically complain about.

(fingers crossed)

can you please post some screenshots? i want to see if sprintnav is worth buying. thanks!