PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   So why is the titan so popular? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16481)

Lsme420 01-23-2008 10:57 PM

Looks like All love their 6800 .I also came from the 6700 and enjoy my 6800.=D>

itsall_cooool 01-23-2008 11:19 PM

a printer with an ir port would work easily with the mogul, i used to print off my HP pda with no problem. a lot of laserjets have them

the92playboy 01-24-2008 01:22 AM

The biggest reason I bought my 6800 was the internet sharing feature (aka tethering, aka aircard). It was the only smartphone that Bell Mobility provides that has that ability, so for me it was really my only option.

What I have found though, is that the more I use the device, the more I like it.

jloden78 01-24-2008 01:40 AM

Pretty much.....it just has all the features needed or wanted except GPS!! :-(

Matt 01-24-2008 01:43 AM

For as much as people around here complain about their carrier/6800, I like my 6800 more than any phone I have ever owned, pocket PC or otherwise. It is very reliable. Yes, it has its WM quirks that require the occasional reset, but i have never had such a powerful phone, nor a fun phone.

Everyone makes fun of me because I carry around such a "brick" (I always have the HTC Extended Battery with it), but my simple reply is; can your phone do this? *insert random demonstration of just about any feature that the mogul has that their iPhone doesn't.*

I love my Mogul and my Mogul loves me. I even like Sprint's service. Have had very few problems with it vs. verizon or god forbid AT&T

pflatlyne 01-24-2008 02:27 AM

It may also be that those of us that wish to stay with sprint for whatever reason have few other choices for a pda phone. Personally,I looked at the other providers and their data prices were way to high so I decided to stay with sprint.

berry_lthird 01-27-2008 10:29 AM

I currently own a Touch, which I prefer aesthetically to the Titan. I may also get a Titan, however, but it would have to be the Verizon xv6800 model. The Sprint Mogul just looks plain garish to me. But that's just IMHO.

Having previously owned the venerable Apache (6700) series, I can admit that either Titan is sleeker and "sexier" than its predecessor. Lack of that huge, gaudy antenna, for one. However, I did prefer the straight lines that lent to the brick-like solidness of the Apache. But again, that's just IMHO.

The Titan is the next logical upgrade to the Apache, which was a huge commercial success in itself. The Apache remains one of the most hacked phones I've ever ran across.

The Titan holds true to all of the features of the Apache, but expands on this by adding even more input options, not to mention support for MicroSD TransFlash memory. I'm still amazed at all the features the Apache had: IR, bluetooth, WiFi, GPS radio, sliding keyboard, touchscreen, joystick, 1.3 MP camera, camera flash, and Windows Mobile OS. The Titan has all of these and more.

So naturally, for those upgrading from the Apache series, the Titan would inherit all of the former's buzz, community support, and hacker targeting.

The only thing it lacks is a standard stereo headset jack. On that note; I don't understand why cell phone manufacturers can't make just one perfect phone. Something always has to be missing. It's like they do that sh*t on purpose just to piss us off. How hard would it have been to include a standard 3.5mm headphone jack? It's not like the Titan lacks surface space for it. But I digress.

For features and functionality, the Titan series is about as close to perfect as any phone has gotten so far.

*EDIT: Should the Touch ever get GPS and WiFi there wouldn't be any other reason for me to get a Titan. Like I said: I prefer the Touch aesthetically. While I can appreciate the Titan's merits, I would much rather stick with my Touch.

ChristianProgrammer 03-17-2008 01:58 PM

Re: So why is the titan so popular?

At the time its THE best from my Carrier... If I had AT&T I would go with the Newer Titan the Tilt Which as I understand it came with GPS a better camera and better memory !!!!

If I could get Sprint to accept it... ( I hear they now do accept unlocked phones that they didnt provide you) I'd go out and but a glofiish or the new sony erickson with the arc-ed slider but this was what was available. And its very very capable so yea thats my 2 & 1/2 cents

Siflan 03-17-2008 03:59 PM

Great device, aside from the mishaps out of the box. But with the amazin' developers we have here at PPC, XDA, SPJ & other sites, we have to appreciate what they've helped us accomplish altogether.

bkhoste 03-17-2008 04:03 PM

I like the way mine tastes, it tastes like chicken.

But, really. I had a PPC 6700 (rest in peace little buddy) that died about amonth ago. I got the mogul as a replacement and now I love it more due to the GPS.