PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   best internet browser (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16285)

thug4life 01-17-2008 04:33 PM

best internet browser

wahts the bes browser? because its really hard to gt ued to the way the imageis displayed on the internet explorer

phazi 01-17-2008 05:05 PM

I prefer Opera Mini 4, it displays full pages then u can zoom to the parts to read its java based so u would need Esmertec Jbed or something to run it

neodorian 01-17-2008 05:06 PM

I use Opera Mini for the most part and then if something won't work with that, I use Pocket IE.

Before you install Opera Mini, install the Jbed java midlet managet and you will be fine.

edit: beat me by less than a minute ;)

jbbosu 01-17-2008 05:10 PM

Hmm...having tried both Opera Mini and Mobile, I've decided Mobile is worlds above IMO...seems much more clean and professional than its Java-based friend.

P.S. - When is Mobile 9 coming out?

neodorian 01-17-2008 05:11 PM

I used Mobile and I liked it but not enough to pay for it when the trial ran out. Besides, I like the option to pan and zoom in Mobile.

phazi 01-17-2008 05:25 PM

lol yea same here i got no money for buying it I'll take the free one also to me mini is gold

dschoenike 01-17-2008 06:49 PM

greetings. when you say opera mobile, is that 8.65? im using it on my mogul right now, but am not sure if there's a newer version out there or not. also, am i probably using a beta version? is there any way to tell? sorry if i took the thread off course, but i figured somebody here would have answers. thanks in advance guys. dschoenike

siul1979 01-17-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neodorian (Post 163103)
I use Opera Mini for the most part and then if something won't work with that, I use Pocket IE.

Before you install Opera Mini, install the Jbed java midlet managet and you will be fine.

edit: beat me by less than a minute ;)

If I didn't install jbed, it woudln't work?

esqueue 01-17-2008 10:32 PM

I would work, for about 2 mintues then freeze your phone requiring a soft reset.

LOL...I got so pissed.

thug4life 01-18-2008 01:20 AM

how do i pan and zoom in opera mobile?

leetsauce 01-18-2008 04:35 AM

Opera Mini FTW!!!

TuFRoB 01-18-2008 06:18 AM

operas king

i like the above stated use opera its 8.65 beta the latest i could find. i use it because sometimes u cant get aot of functions 2 act right with ie. u know if its a beta by file exp & checking properties. u zoom & pan by using rt softkey menu/display/ zoom.

dschoenike 01-18-2008 11:02 AM

greetings. i posted earlier asking if there's anyway to tell if my opera mobile 8.65 version is the beta or not. i checked the properties and file explorer, but neither said beta. After some reading and tinkering, i've noticed the version im running does everything the final version says it'll do. I've been using it for almost 2 months. I haven't paid for anything. My question is, am i cheating opera possibly? It seems as if i have the final 8.65 version, but i read it costs $24. And like i said, i was never prompted to pay or register. Could somebody please let me know if im doing something illegal. I mean, could i get in trouble for using commercial software without paying? My apologies if i'm way off base with my questions.

neodorian 01-18-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 163544)
greetings. i posted earlier asking if there's anyway to tell if my opera mobile 8.65 version is the beta or not. i checked the properties and file explorer, but neither said beta. After some reading and tinkering, i've noticed the version im running does everything the final version says it'll do. I've been using it for almost 2 months. I haven't paid for anything. My question is, am i cheating opera possibly? It seems as if i have the final 8.65 version, but i read it costs $24. And like i said, i was never prompted to pay or register. Could somebody please let me know if im doing something illegal. I mean, could i get in trouble for using commercial software without paying? My apologies if i'm way off base with my questions.

You won't get in any trouble, but if you feel guilty for not paying, then just go purchase and download the latest version from their site. I'm sure they would appreciate your business if you use their software.

dschoenike 01-18-2008 11:36 AM

Thank for the reply neodorian. that's a good idea. I just ran down the site where i dowloaded opera mobile from, and it appears they some how bypassed having to pay for it. But in good conscience, i dont feel right using it for free. Time to go do the right thing and pay for it and support opera. I really like their browsers. :)

dave101 01-18-2008 12:46 PM

here's something I'm concerned about- security. I would like to be able to pay bills online and just ditch my laptop. I can't seem to find much info on I.E. or opera. Does anyone have any input or experience in this area? Thanks.David