PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700 & Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

NitroSS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlock a Sprint Mogul for Verizon? Possible to change the software or rom to do it?

I had asked this before but maybe I should rephrase it. Can I buy a Sprint Mogul. And unlock it to use on Verizon? Can I perhaps unlock the rom and replace it with the verizon one also? I ask because I can buy a Sprint Mougl cheaper than the xv6800 on ebay. I guess because they have been out longer.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Synned is a n00b
Bump...friend interested in doing the same thing.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Cricket

naturecannon is a n00b
Have you 2 ever tried google. It really works and much faster then waiting for answers from others on a simple search like this one. http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=699 or http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/27/v...evice-in-2008/
I also included a link for google so you wont have to search for that too. http://www.google.com/.

Last edited by naturecannon; 01-12-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (alltel), Telus Touch pro 2
Carrier: Tbaytel mobility

jarmenti is a n00b
It is possible to unlock, as to wether verizon will hook the phone up is the only issue. you will be looking for a program called GETSPC.zip, it allows you to get the unlock code, small app that you run on the device,(not your pc) you basically punch in the esn number (make sure to use caps) and it will give you the MSL/SPC lock code. I've done this to a few ppc's i've had (my home provider allows any old phone on their network for $5 fee,as the mogul i have was sold has bad sprint esn.) . The only problem you could have is that they won't allow a foreign phone on the network. As far as flashing to another rom, there is several threads on this topic.. its what the search feature is for
Old 01-12-2008, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga i770
Carrier: VZW

michaelk is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
Have you 2 ever tried google. It really works and much faster then waiting for answers from others on a simple search like this one. http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=699 or http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/27/v...evice-in-2008/
I also included a link for google so you wont have to search for that too. http://www.google.com/.

those articles aren't exactly the case currently.

verizon's systems do not typically allow their people to activate phones that verizon didn't sell themselves (they track the esn's in some database).

search here for a couple recent threads but if you can get to the right department to find the people with the high enough mojo then they can add a sprint esn to their esn database and then you would be all set. (it's not always easy though)
Old 01-12-2008, 06:01 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
The other option is cloning an ESN from an existing Verizon phone onto the Mogul and activating that ESN. However, its better just to buy a Verizon 6800.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700 & Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NitroSS is a n00b
Well the Verizon xv6800 are higher priced than the sprint 6800"s atm. At least on ebay. I can buy one for around $300 dollars or so. If I buy the VZW xv6800 it will cost me almost $200 dollars more. Plus my NE2 isnt till this coming october . I just hate to spend money on it when I feel I could save because times are tough right now. And I kind of really dont like my treo.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lifeisfun is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
The other option is cloning an ESN from an existing Verizon phone onto the Mogul and activating that ESN. However, its better just to buy a Verizon 6800.
I would love to clone ESN from P4000 to another P4000 is this possible ?
Can you point me in right direction ?

Thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

sentinel0 is a n00b
I got an Alltel 6800 and now I have Sprint service I was able to get a good esn from the Sprint customer service line but I have not had any luck changing the esn on the phone I've tried qpst and cdma workshop qpst isn't able to view the nvm and cdma workshop isn't able to write the new esn. Any help would be great.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
How bout unlocking XV6800 on VZW to use on Sprint?

Thinking of jumping ship since I can get out of contract without ETF with recent text message increase.

Thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan