PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Unlock a Sprint Mogul for Verizon? Possible to change the software or rom to do it? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15920)

NitroSS 01-12-2008 03:18 PM

Unlock a Sprint Mogul for Verizon? Possible to change the software or rom to do it?

I had asked this before but maybe I should rephrase it. Can I buy a Sprint Mogul. And unlock it to use on Verizon? Can I perhaps unlock the rom and replace it with the verizon one also? I ask because I can buy a Sprint Mougl cheaper than the xv6800 on ebay. I guess because they have been out longer.

Synned 01-12-2008 03:42 PM

Bump...friend interested in doing the same thing.

naturecannon 01-12-2008 04:06 PM

Have you 2 ever tried google. It really works and much faster then waiting for answers from others on a simple search like this one. http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=699 or http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/27/v...evice-in-2008/
I also included a link for google so you wont have to search for that too. http://www.google.com/.

jarmenti 01-12-2008 04:11 PM

It is possible to unlock, as to wether verizon will hook the phone up is the only issue. you will be looking for a program called GETSPC.zip, it allows you to get the unlock code, small app that you run on the device,(not your pc) you basically punch in the esn number (make sure to use caps) and it will give you the MSL/SPC lock code. I've done this to a few ppc's i've had (my home provider allows any old phone on their network for $5 fee,as the mogul i have was sold has bad sprint esn.) . The only problem you could have is that they won't allow a foreign phone on the network. As far as flashing to another rom, there is several threads on this topic.. its what the search feature is for

michaelk 01-12-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturecannon (Post 160075)
Have you 2 ever tried google. It really works and much faster then waiting for answers from others on a simple search like this one. http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=699 or http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/27/v...evice-in-2008/
I also included a link for google so you wont have to search for that too. http://www.google.com/.

those articles aren't exactly the case currently.

verizon's systems do not typically allow their people to activate phones that verizon didn't sell themselves (they track the esn's in some database).

search here for a couple recent threads but if you can get to the right department to find the people with the high enough mojo then they can add a sprint esn to their esn database and then you would be all set. (it's not always easy though)

stroths 01-12-2008 06:01 PM

The other option is cloning an ESN from an existing Verizon phone onto the Mogul and activating that ESN. However, its better just to buy a Verizon 6800.

NitroSS 01-12-2008 06:15 PM

Well the Verizon xv6800 are higher priced than the sprint 6800"s atm. At least on ebay. I can buy one for around $300 dollars or so. If I buy the VZW xv6800 it will cost me almost $200 dollars more. Plus my NE2 isnt till this coming october :(. I just hate to spend money on it when I feel I could save because times are tough right now. And I kind of really dont like my treo.

lifeisfun 01-12-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 160122)
The other option is cloning an ESN from an existing Verizon phone onto the Mogul and activating that ESN. However, its better just to buy a Verizon 6800.

I would love to clone ESN from P4000 to another P4000 is this possible ?
Can you point me in right direction ?

Thanks

sentinel0 01-17-2008 10:08 PM

I got an Alltel 6800 and now I have Sprint service I was able to get a good esn from the Sprint customer service line but I have not had any luck changing the esn on the phone I've tried qpst and cdma workshop qpst isn't able to view the nvm and cdma workshop isn't able to write the new esn. Any help would be great.

vboyz103 01-17-2008 10:31 PM

How bout unlocking XV6800 on VZW to use on Sprint?

Thinking of jumping ship since I can get out of contract without ETF with recent text message increase.

Thoughts?

lllboredlll 01-22-2008 08:05 PM

First I'm gonna say for the record just so I'm politically correct..... cloning a ESN is illegal that is punishable via the FCC, so beware. Secondly you need to search a developers sight for the answer. Somewhere like XDA could lead you in the right directions but.... I wouldn't go surfing the forums askin questions. You most likely will get ignored. It will require all of you to use that thing called search, and then pray you phrased it right. So enjoy your search and enjoy the possibility of 20 years.

smokincummins85 01-24-2008 06:38 PM

can anyone help me unlock a sprint ppc 6800 so i can use my verizon account????

Elizle 04-14-2008 10:14 AM

Re: Unlock a Sprint Mogul for Verizon? Possible to change the software or rom to do i

Hey has anyone figured this thing out yet. I calling Verizon repeatedly, driving from Verizon store to Verizon store, and even checking at a couple Sprint stores. I keep getting the same answer and a few random stupid answers. I have been told that it's not possible, that the esn isn't E911 compliant and that I would have to have a Verizon store send it off to Verizon and get the software changed(I have a Verizon rom on the thing). What do I need to do? It is a Qwest phone that was used on Sprint. Qwest isn't available in my area or I would go to a Qwest store. I need some help before I bash my head into a brick wall too hard ](*,). Anybody who helps me would be awesome. Words of advice would be great. Anything better than what verizon is telling me would be music to my ears.

dknlght 04-15-2008 02:04 PM

Re: Unlock a Sprint Mogul for Verizon? Possible to change the software or rom to do i

Well I'll tell you what I know about it. I personally was able to use a sprint phone with verizon. I flashed the a sprint Moto Q with a verizon rom. Called verizon twice to do the phone change. Here's what I did, I called and just said I wanted to change my phone (didn't tell them that it's a sprint phone) Gave them the esn information. I took my friends advice about not telling them that it's a sprint phone because sometimes they hear that and don't even bother trying to do the switch. If they don't know they'll try to add it and then troubleshoot the problem first before telling you that it can't be done. I was also planning on playing dumb if he couldn't find the ESN in the system and just asked if they could just add it. The first rep tried to charge me $15 bucks to switch my phone which I thought was ridiculous so I called back later and did the same thing except I got a friendly rep that was able to do the update and waived the fee.

Before i did the switch I had already read about a few people that successfully did this. But I have yet to see someone going from verizon to sprint. I'm told sprint is more strict with this.

As for repairing the ESN so that it will work on Verizon. There was actually a post here with instruction on how to do it for the mogul and links for the touch as well. not sure if it was removed but I'm told it does workhttp://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Elizle 04-19-2008 05:53 PM

Ugh... So I called Verizon last night and I was on the phone with them for 41 minutes. I lied my face off telling them that my phone was blue and that it was a XV6800. The guy was going to activate it for me and he put me on hold. He came back on the phone and said that he had just called Sprint and that it was a Sprint phone. What a freaking douche bag. I was so angry. I don't understand what the problem with some people are. Why would you even go to the trouble of that. I can't stand people who go above and beyond to piss me off.

rambo6 06-14-2008 12:53 PM

The difficulty in using your CDMA phone on another CDMA network is a prime example of why CDMA sucks. It's so much easier to unlock a GSM phone.

I have a Verizon/Audiovox xv6600 which I would like to use on Sprint's Network. I paid $500 bucks for the phone new. Now it's just a paperweight. It would be great to be able to use it on Sprint's network.

Is there a way to get the AKey unlock code without going through the carrier that sold the phone?

maumau 11-18-2008 10:11 PM

i have a mogul from verizon for sell if you want it. $ 225. i got this one from ebay thinking that metro pcs flash it and i found out that they dont do smarthphones i realy love this phone but the 2 year contract with verizon mmm so not

scottemick 11-19-2008 11:36 AM

I recently purchased a Sprint Mogul and unlocked it, reloaded the Alltel ROM and am using it on Alltel. Verizon does accept non verizon phones, but as I found with Alltel who also accept non-alltel phones, you will often get resisitance in the stores. They are under-trained and have no clue about reloading your phone.

You must do it yourself!

Tools I used:
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/../Tools/QPST_2.7.249.zip -THis is used to unlock your phone if needed and update the service information from Sprint to Your Provider
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/../Tools/GetSPC.zip (finds your phone's MSL if it needs unlocked).
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe - Run this and then your RUU loader afterwords to install your ROM

For verizon the stock rom would be:
Verizon XV6800 ROM MR1 Date: 2008-08-23
(http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=99)

make sure you have the usb cable, activesync if you are on XP, otherwise Vista has it already.

Basically you need to
1. Get the MSL code from GetSPC inputing your ESN and it outputs the MSL.
2. Put your phone in DIAG mode (##3424# ##3424 Send, or #*#3424). If it is a sprint phone, the first one will work.
3. Run QPST (you will need the MSL you obtained from getSPC
4. You may want to save the phone's configuration if you ever want to roll back to the SPCS config. Anway, Change the MSL to 000000 and write it back to the phone.
5. then run the Hard-SPL-MFG.exe program, paying attention to when it tells you to disconnect and reconnect your phone.
6. Then install your ROM.
7. Now, you will need to configure service by going into DIAG mode again (probably need to use #*#3424 now) and using QPST change the service information to that for Verizon or whatever carrier you want. I had it easy, I plugged in my Samsung Hue R500 and copied the service information off of that one.
8. If you get all the service information right, you should be able to call verizon, give them the ESN. If they give you slack, wait a bit and call back. Persistance is the key. Then you can do *228 for OTA programming.
9. Search on here for Verizon internet configuration. I am not sure of the details.

dinowarecomputers 11-25-2008 01:54 AM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET NICE GUIDE MAN. I will deffiantly try it and let you know if i have success..waiting for some dueche bag from ebay to give me my brand new sprint mogul

noggler 12-16-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinowarecomputers (Post 541078)
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET NICE GUIDE MAN. I will deffiantly try it and let you know if i have success..waiting for some dueche bag from ebay to give me my brand new sprint mogul

I'm interested to know if this works for you...in the same boat. Thanks!

seraphazaziel79 12-16-2008 01:33 PM

Yes it is possible to unlock the Sprint Mogul and use it in the VZW network. The only seem to be if you can get the carrier to accept the ESN. I purchased a Mogul with a bad ESN off of Ebay. I used the same guides and downloaded tools as scottemick stated. On Alltel you can go online and add the ESN to their database within the "my account" Settings or you can call customer service which seemed more than willing to add the ESN. I waited a couple hours for everything to update in their system so my phone # can be transferred. Next you can either have customer service activate the phone or just enter *228 option 3 on the keypad. The only problem is that after activation you will be stuck in roaming. I"ll advise not to use any of the PRLs from the websites unless u are sure of which ones to use. The better option is to again enter *228 on the keypad and select option 2 and this will update the PRL on ur phone. This will take care of the roaming issue. My phone works great. I get text, mms, internet through wifi etc. Only problem that I'm having is that it will not connect to the internet through the cellular line.

I'll help anyone as much as I can on how it worked for me. Alltel customer service was great about it but when I grilled them about not having internet service they transferred me to Advanced tech support and they seem to not like the idea at all but this was because I admitted it was a Sprint phone. It's best to keep stating that the phone is brand new and unlocked and you want to add the phone to their network.

As I had an earlier post about the internet issue if some one has an alltel titan or has a sprint mogul to alltel with internet service working. Can you please share you Epst settings with me to get the internet up and running on the cell line. Thanks!

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-16-2008 03:33 PM

Verizon WILL accept a non-native phones ESN. Tell them it is flashed to their network and you have loaded the correct PRL. Tell them a friend got his Sprint/Alltel phone on Verizon as well.

dinowarecomputers 12-19-2008 07:55 PM

Hey guys, A little update, The "dueche bag" got me a brand new mogul. I am in the process of doing this guide. I have flashed the verizon rom, but for some reason qpst is being stupid and not connected to my phone correctly, i will sort it out and get back to you guys in a little bit.

dinowarecomputers 12-19-2008 08:55 PM

Does anywhere know of a place where i can get the verizon "information" or how i can get it off my moto q9m?

Mylt1 12-22-2008 01:25 PM

what information are you looking for?

chaphal3 10-07-2009 05:14 PM

I loaded a verizon stock ROM onto a sprint Mogul and took it into the store today to try to get them to add its ESN to their database, and they claimed they did not have that capability. (they said that would have to occur outside of them, I don't know what that means as far as obtaining the application for the ESN add, since they said they didn't know about that).

It appears the best way to get this to work is as follows:

1. Obtain you Sprint Mogul
2. Load a Verizon ROM onto it
3. MAGIC OCCURS
4. Activate on your VZW plan

Sorry for bumping such an old thread.

inat1651 10-07-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaphal3 (Post 1220747)
I loaded a verizon stock ROM onto a sprint Mogul and took it into the store today to try to get them to add its ESN to their database, and they claimed they did not have that capability. (they said that would have to occur outside of them, I don't know what that means as far as obtaining the application for the ESN add, since they said they didn't know about that).

It appears the best way to get this to work is as follows:

1. Obtain you Sprint Mogul
2. Load a Verizon ROM onto it
3. MAGIC OCCURS
4. Activate on your VZW plan

Sorry for bumping such an old thread.

Will this work with sprint flashed htc6800 if i flash it with us cellular rom posted in this forum?

chaphal3 10-08-2009 03:20 AM

By "MAGIC OCCURS" I meant you have to change the esn (apparently there are other ways that aren't currently working for me). I'll have to let someone else give you info on US cellular, I have no experience with that. If they'll accept outside ESNs then you could be in luck, otherwise it may be quite a bit of work (as I'm finding out for myself).

Simbalage21 11-19-2012 01:53 AM

plz send me the magix software, verizon wont add this to my account and although old i wanna use it and fix this roaming icon