PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Answering via unconnected bluetooth? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15782)

yakky 01-10-2008 06:41 PM

Answering via unconnected bluetooth?

So I've got a bit of an annoyance with the phone now that almost everything else is working well...

If I have my BT headset connected, the phone only rings on the last ring before going to voicemail. The first 3 or 4 rings go to the headset. I don't like to wear my headset all the time. So can you...

1. Change it so the handset rings instead of the headset?

2. Answer by connecting bt quickly? Has anyone sucessfully answered a call by connecting the bt headset while the phone is ringing? My HS700 and Z9 both connect after the call hits voicemail.

The only real option I have now is to tell the caller to hang on a second and then connect the headset and then hit the button and it takes the sound from the handset.

JimSmith94 01-10-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakky (Post 158838)
So I've got a bit of an annoyance with the phone now that almost everything else is working well...

If I have my BT headset connected, the phone only rings on the last ring before going to voicemail. The first 3 or 4 rings go to the headset. I don't like to wear my headset all the time. So can you...

1. Change it so the handset rings instead of the headset?

2. Answer by connecting bt quickly? Has anyone sucessfully answered a call by connecting the bt headset while the phone is ringing? My HS700 and Z9 both connect after the call hits voicemail.

The only real option I have now is to tell the caller to hang on a second and then connect the headset and then hit the button and it takes the sound from the handset.

MS Voice Command lets you set the notifications to announce either with Bluetooth only, Bluetooth only if available, or speaker or wired headset only.

schettj 01-10-2008 08:14 PM

You know, it sounds odd, but the "vibe once, then ring" option for the ringer really comes in handy sometimes...

yakky 01-11-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 158882)
You know, it sounds odd, but the "vibe once, then ring" option for the ringer really comes in handy sometimes...

Hahaha works great! :headbang: The first ring on the handset will be the callers 4th though, oh well, its better than nothin. I'm almost at the point of setting my slot cycle index. Phone works too well now to mess with it though.

schettj 01-11-2008 01:03 PM

Do the slot cycle index thing. Really. I go with 1, works very well, other people do like 0 as well. On 1, the phone wakes up by 2nd ring from the caller's perspective 90% of the time. While you're in there mucking about, change your voice codex to 13k, your callers will thank you!

yakky 01-11-2008 04:19 PM

I changed it to one, we'll see how it goes, also changed the voice codec to 13k, not sure if I can tell a difference but it can't hurt much.